BBSHD X1 please!

voidedwarranty

Hey @pushkar any chance of seeing an X1 style controller upgrade for us lowly BBSHD owners? I have looked around and while the Grin Phaserunner is very well received, I'm more interested in keeping the bike stock looking (don't want to have to mount an external controller and not having to change out my DPC-18 display). Luna won't sell a Ludicrous controller unless you buy a bike or motor from them at minimum. Please give me a sign of hope 🙏

Reactions: Ayl
At this point, if we dont get the Helios out, we may not even have a business ! 🤣 🤣

We are working with a provider for the BBSHD - but probably Q4 at the earliest for any new controllers.
I can be patient! Just knowing it's a possibility is huge! Thank you!

I really like the aftermarket controllers. They boost shop time and parts sales for BBSxx series resellers...

Since X1 controller isn't available at the moment..

Have you tried HPC?

I believe they have integrated 2000W controller and externally mounted 2500W controller.
All I see on their website is conversion kits. I already have a motor. I just want a controller. An integrated controller. Not interested in tacking anything else on to the exterior of the bike. It feels too cluttered as is.

But thank you for the link 👍

@tomjasz you got a link to your shop? Take online orders? May like to start supporting frequent users of this page rather than unknown internet shops. I assume you keep a healthy supply of BBSHD parts and other basic bike components?

Luna has their Ludicrous V2 controller for the BBSHD but I’m anxious to see what Pushkar comes up with. May have to do a Watt Wagons Buzzraw X ;)

Luna has their Ludicrous V2 controller for the BBSHD but I’m anxious to see what Pushkar comes up with. May have to do a Watt Wagons Buzzraw X ;)
Yeah I contacted Luna about getting their controller. Their response "have to buy a bike or at least the motor from us to get the controller"

I already have a bike and a motor so that was out of the question.

Yeah I contacted Luna about getting their controller. Their response "have to buy a bike or at least the motor from us to get the controller"

I already have a bike and a motor so that was out of the question.
Interesting, I know of several people who have purchased just the controller.

I bet if you were a young Asian gal and you contacted Eric directly he would sell you one.

Eric With girl.png

Ok thanks for that image 😖.

Frankly I'm not interested in trying to convince someone to sell me something, they apparently don't want to sell. I'd rather wait for Pushkar to develop something.

In the meantime since I have some time to kill before there is a WW BBSHD X1, anyone on here know about cracking open some hardcase batteries and switching in high amp BMS? Seems I hit more and more road blocks the deeper I dive in to this endeavor. Turns out my dual 52v batteries only have BMS with peak 30a 🤦

Frankly I'm not interested in trying to convince someone to sell me something, they apparently don't want to sell. I'd rather wait for Pushkar to develop something.

In the meantime since I have some time to kill before there is a WW BBSHD X1, anyone on here know about cracking open some hardcase batteries and switching in high amp BMS? Seems I hit more and more road blocks the deeper I dive in to this endeavor. Turns out my dual 52v batteries only have BMS with peak 30a 🤦
That's 1560W, you need more ?
For a higher speed or hill climbing ?

That's 1560W, you need more ?
For a higher speed or hill climbing ?
Well I have that newer bbshd controller firmware that caps max amps at 28 not 30. Also the controller has nominal voltage of 48v (I have tried changing those settings with a programming cable and the software but it will not let me alter it). Not really certain but I'm under the impression my motor is somewhat neutered by the controller. My goal of getting a stronger controller to increase power now had a new curve ball as I found out earlier today my batteries' BMS are rated for 30a peak. Which from my understanding means even if I get a better controller I'm still being held back by the batteries.

So if Pushkar goes through with the controller that now only will solve half my problem.

And to answer your question, it's a speed thing. The bike struggles to get to and maintain 30+ mph. I would be happy with 35mph without struggles. The other day I found the steepest pedestrian highway overpass I have ever seen in my 34 years here. In first gear and throttle only I was pleasantly surprised at how well it climbed. Low gears everything seems fine. Top 3 gears at speed and I can feel the bike struggling. Where I'm from elevation is not really a thing. Highway overpasses are basically the majority of my hills.

Are you running the batteries in parallel? If so the amp load should be spread between the two batteries.

Are you running the batteries in parallel? If so the amp load should be spread between the two batteries.
They would have to be parallel right? Running them in series would equate to 104v. You bring up a good point I had forgotten about. Thank you. 2 batteries in parallel each with 30 amp peak discharge equals 60amps peak discharge. I'm back to square one again! Ok @pushkar whenever you are ready I got some money set aside 👍

They would have to be parallel right? Running them in series would equate to 104v. You bring up a good point I had forgotten about. Thank you. 2 batteries in parallel each with 30 amp peak discharge equals 60amps peak discharge. I'm back to square one again! Ok @pushkar whenever you are ready I got some money set aside 👍
I would start out slow, say 35 amps and the increase it gradually. I like to keep a 10amp buffer for any spikes that may occur.

Back