Battery safety education - Only you can prevent battery fires!

The Aventon instructions say the battery takes 4-5 hours to charge. Do not leave the battery unattended.

So they expect you to stand there for five hours and watch?!?

The Aventon instructions say the battery takes 4-5 hours to charge. Do not leave the battery unattended.

So they expect you to stand there for five hours and watch?!?
Don't be silly. But do be smart enough to be close enough to monitor the charge. I have a smoke detector within a foot or two.

My Ryobi power tools do the same thing.
The charger also goes into maintenance mode after a charge and monitors the battery.
You can leave the battery in the charger and plugged in indefinitely.
I leave my Ryobi batteries plugged whether I'm supposed to or not. Doesn't seem to hurt them.

Only "I" can? Who gave me this responsibility? I do not accept it, neither do I accept the responsibility of preventing forest fires.

Only "I" can? Who gave me this responsibility? I do not accept it, neither do I accept the responsibility of preventing forest fires.
Believe me, if you make a campfire to cook a hot dog during a total fire ban or try to fit pvc pipe together with an oxy torch you will be held responsible.

Both of those idiots caused major fires near my home. Property was destroyed and lives were lost. I leave it to your imagination what I’ll do to either of them if I find them.

Back