Action Cam Options

Once I get my eBike I’m super tempted to go for the Gopro Max. The possibilities of angles you get without having to change the camera around seems awesome.. Just probably not such an extension pole unless it would be for some specific situations since I imagine it will be uncomfortable to ride with

I‘m really happy with the DJI Osmo Action and it‘s much cheaper than the Hero 9 but has many of the same features. I have a Quadlock smartphone holder with an action cam mount on it which is great for everday POVs. I also think that a chest mounted shot is one of of the best cycling shots as it encompasses your arms and the cockpit too. As we say in German „Vordergrund macht Bild gesund“, literally „Foreground makes the picture healthy“ ;-)

Finally pulled the trigger on a GOPRO HERO9.

They had a bundle at Costco.ca for $499.99 CDN - and for things I am not 100% sure I will keep, Costco is the place to go.
The deal at GOPRO may have been a bit better, but not very much (after shipping and exchange rates etc...)

its a great deal for sure. something else to keep in mind, apparently Gopro announces new models in September. I will wait until september and then might decide on the latest go pro or go with the Max.

If you aren't concerned with having the latest and greatest, you might be able to hold off and get a bigger discount. They also might be running deals to clear out inventory.

Back