Super73 unveils new 2,000W and 75 mile range full suspension e-bikes

FlatSix911

Region
USA
City
Silicon Valley
Posted on Electrek
Unveiled: Super73 R-Series e-bikes

The R-Series takes the original Super73 electric bike design and cranks it into overdrive.

That means a powerful motor, bigger battery, full suspension, high quality components, integrated tech/smart features and an aggressive design.

We’ll start with the motor. It’s a 750W continuous unit, but that’s a nominal 750 watts – as in 750 W in name only. Out of four power modes, the first three mode allow the motor to peak at 1,200W.

1580016367037.png

super 73 R series Super73RX-RED-HERO-161_03 super 73 R series

Super73RX-Red-FrontWheel-212 super 73 R series

super 73 R series Super73RX-Gray-HERO-178_03 super 73 R series

They just started deliveries... and it's never too late to order! ;)

Earlier this year Super73 unveiled the new 2,000W Super73 R-Series electric bikes. Now the powerful and long-range mini-bikes are making deliveries, and you’ll want to check out these impressive rides. Electrek was front and center at Super73’s January unveiling of the company’s new flagship e-bike, the Super73 R-Series. At the time very few people anticipated the magnitude of the COVID19 pandemic, which would eventually ravage the world and throw a serious wrench in the plans of electric bicycle companies everywhere.

The Super73 R-Series was originally expected to begin deliveries this Spring, but the timeline was pushed back a couple months after the pandemic struck. Now the first reservation holders are beginning to receive their 2,000 W full-suspension R-Series e-bikes.

1591653512319.png

Ebikes (I use the term loosely here) like this are not doing the ebike industry any favours. They blur the line between ebike and moped and honestly if I saw one of these on a bike/pedestrian path I'd be pissed at the rider.
This is the sort of ebike that could get all ebikes banned from cycling paths and trails.

these are emotorcycles IMO, love the look and style and a cool brand-but seeing people riding areas they aren't supposed to bums me out...hope they are educating buyers on WHERE to ride these.

Looks like they liked the idea behind the Hyper Scorpion, but it was a logical move for them. I'm not crazy about this style of bike being called an e-bike, I agree that it could cause regulatory issues. Still if I was going to buy this type the Full Suspension makes lots of sense. Still I'd look toward the Hyper Scorpion if I wanted this style. ps... That promo photo of tire kicking up sand is so lame.

Looks like they liked the idea behind the Hyper Scorpion, but it was a logical move for them. I'm not crazy about this style of bike being called an e-bike, I agree that it could cause regulatory issues. Still if I was going to buy this type the Full Suspension makes lots of sense. Still I'd look toward the Hyper Scorpion if I wanted this style. ps... That promo photo of tire kicking up sand is so lame.

who's looking at the sand. 😂

small wheel, small chain ring, larger rear sprocket.. what a bad gear ratio

okay, nobody is going to be pedaling that.

Yup, this is a retro mini bike for those who can remember the '70s. ;)

Reactions: TMH
Back