Yamee

Adamoni

Region
USA
Yamee XL
Ordered May 5th on Yameebike.com

Received shipping notice and FedEx tracking number May 7th, shipping HACIENDA HEIGHTS, CA US, with ETA of May 12, to Florida.

Last edited:
Yamee XL
Ordered May 5th on Yameebike.com

Received shipping notice and FedEx tracking number May 7th, shipping HACIENDA HEIGHTS, CA US, with ETA of May 12, to Florida.
Updated with delivery estimate of...today May 10. That’s fast if it shows up.

Last edited:
So... did you get your XL? What did you think of it?

I ordered mine, it only took a few days to ship, FedEX says I should have it tomorrow. Stoked to see it in person and finally see if my choice is vindicated or if I've made a horrible mistake. :D

Love it. I’ve had it on a few 15 - 20 mile jaunts on and off road in 95 degree weather. The hydraulic brakes are nice and powerful. They stop this big beast quickly with little hand pressure. Leather wing grips comfy. 8 speed nice (might need tweaking upon arrival), thumb throttle nice, kickstand plenty beefy and stays up yet easy to put down, locking portions of frame handlebars lock tight but need strength to do / undo (of course this is ‘XL’ bike, so it’s meant for larger and (inherently stronger) people. The controller is visually and electronically nice. Once you set it up the way you like it, I find it to be a joy. I had to be patient and learn the instructions. Be ready to stand in the street, adjust, test, repeat. It offers NINE levels of PAS. I use 5 and start at 50%. Know that it’s heavy and big. Don’t return it or leave a bad review because it’s a monster, lol. Now for some gripes. It was not easy to get out of the shipping box (but was well protected). Bottom bracket that should protect front derailleur when bike is folded is not beefy enough so be super careful when removing from shipping and when folded / transporting. The front derailleur not as strong looking as others; it only has an outer ring - I’ve seen other with both outer and inner, but I’m not sure this matters. I have to say that I rode it vigorously with no issues. There was a little cosmetic issue at the neck but no big deal. And biggest and most importantly, no matter what you do, this thing is only a class 2 and will only go up to 20mph. Sorry it took me so long to get back on this. I started a new job and moved. Thanks for asking. Let me know what you think.

Last edited:
...The controller is visually and electronically nice. Once you set it up the way you like it, I find it to be a joy. I had to be patient and learn the instructions. Be ready to stand in the street, adjust, test, repeat. It offers NINE levels of PAS. I use 5 and start at 50%... And biggest and most importantly, no matter what you do, this thing is only a class 2 and will only go up to 20mph.
Nice. Glad to know it's working out for you!

Two things about your observations:
1.) Since you say it's a Class 2 /20 MPH only... but Yamee's website says it goes 27 MPH (I assume with pedaling, not throttle-only), did you contact them to find the right settings to make it Class 3? Or do you think it's REALLY not going to go 27 like they advertise?

I've seen people say they are "slow" but it's got the same Baofeng controller that I've seen on 28mph bikes. Weird, but there's got to be some setting that changes it to Class 3, or they'd be getting returns and complaints all day long. Hmm. Can't wait to play with it and find out!

So...

2.) What settings did you wind up with after all your "standing in the street" :) and experimenting with settings? Looks like you changed it from the 0-3 to 0-9 PAS... what else did you change from factory preset?

I’m pretty sure I’ve got everything set on the controller to ‘max’ and it won’t go faster than 20ish. Pedaling hard doesn’t increase that top end by much. It’d be awesome if you find a setting that increases to class 3 speed! Maybe they gave me a different motor or controller that won’t go so high. When yours comes in can you post pics of make / model of motor and controller?

I’ll post up pics of my settings when I get a chance but I won’t be near my bike fir several days.

Congrats on your new bike. I hope shipping and everything works perfectly!

Did you get your YAMEE XL? Here’s my settings…

Attachments

• 6510400A-1F8E-4D03-90BB-8C9BFA35AE78.jpeg
    6510400A-1F8E-4D03-90BB-8C9BFA35AE78.jpeg
    232.5 KB · Views: 238
  • 7AF5916F-71FD-499D-AD2C-64B1293A9986.jpeg
    7AF5916F-71FD-499D-AD2C-64B1293A9986.jpeg
    266.6 KB · Views: 223
  • 51F074D8-E711-40A1-ABE0-676C01A7196A.jpeg
    51F074D8-E711-40A1-ABE0-676C01A7196A.jpeg
    225.5 KB · Views: 224
  • B4B7BED2-8321-4900-943B-934B82C8F28D.jpeg
    B4B7BED2-8321-4900-943B-934B82C8F28D.jpeg
    273.4 KB · Views: 241
  • F6759FFD-CFFA-43AF-AF3F-936C7BCFFDBA.jpeg
    F6759FFD-CFFA-43AF-AF3F-936C7BCFFDBA.jpeg
    275.9 KB · Views: 239
  • 1AA193B3-CFB2-41F7-BCB0-49BA4A1D988A.jpeg
    1AA193B3-CFB2-41F7-BCB0-49BA4A1D988A.jpeg
    349.1 KB · Views: 253
Mostly pleased with the 4 whopping miles I’ve put on it :) (It’s too hot here to ride!)
I had it on settings zero-through-five for pedal assist, and didn’t realize it - I thought it came 1-3. So I was getting it up to level 3 in "normal" mode, and it was kind of slow… And eventually I realized I had two more levels past that and - once I kicked it up into PAS 4 and 5... wow, this thing really took off! I just took it out and throttle-only with soft tires I was doing 26.2 mph indicated on the controller, but I haven’t clocked it against a car or speedtrap radar, gps, etc.

Setting differences I see immediately:
Your wheel is at 20" mine is 24".
Your Assistant Num is 24, mine is 12.
Your Power Set is 0-7, mine is 0-5.
Your Slow Start is 0, mine is 3.

I honestly don't know what "Assistant Num" is. Does that mean yours is set to provide twice as much power to each manual pedal?
I don't know if the wheel size is affecting my speedometer reading enough to explain a 6 mph difference. I'll take it out later and keep pace with a car with a known speedometer. I just "poor man calibrated" my Honda CRV against a police radar sign, and it was pretty spot-on reading the same speedo vs. radar sign when at 25 mph.

Uphills it seems to be pulling fine, and the assist doesn’t kick in too clunky or anything. Settings 1 and 2 are mild assistance, but then 3 & 4 it's like bionic legs. :)

Down sides/problems: Obviously like with all ebikes the whole "not pedaling around corners" has been a weird thing to get used to for me. One thing that's a negative that I’ve definitely noticed on this bike is the frame is so wide in the back that I’m hitting my heels on the frame when my pedals are to the rear. Maybe I’ll put on bigger pedals or just try to remember to place my feet forward on the pedals so my heels don’t hit the frame. My Wife has a Lectric 2.0 on order it’ll be interesting when that gets here to see if that skinnier frame has the same problems or not.
The packing was fine, but there's a little of the spray foam stuck to the handlebar adjustment area. No big deal, but I'd seen horror stories of people that had tons of foam stuck to their bikes... this was easy enough but took ten minutes to get most of it off.
The last notable negative is that my rear rack was delivered crooked as a congressman, and is WAY off center. The brake light is easily three inches off center and the whole rack "leans" to one side... I wrote Yamee and they advised it was probably dented in shipping and to "hit it with a rubber hammer" which I haven't done yet. It may be miswelded, it may be exactly as they say and whacking it IS the appropriate solution, but... seemed a little ghetto reply. Fast email response though. Shrug.

Display is too bright for nighttime preferences - I mean, it's blindingly "good" but I had to turn it down so it doesn't wash out my road vision. Other than that, I didn't change settings much at all. Just confirmed the 0-5 PAS setting - didn't mess with percentages, turned cruise control off because I don't want that kicking in during the learning curve time, left regen on, been playing around with different heights of bars and such.

Settings:
D2048B29-6814-40CC-B2DA-BC649E8F6DC0.jpeg

Cockeyed rear rack:

IMG_3843.JPG

Last edited:
I’m glad it’s going good. Definitely weird on the corners like all electric bikes. I don’t have issues hitting feet. I’m going to try your settings. You might try turning CRU on it’s the best bruise control I’ve used yet. Hold throttle and after a few seconds it engages until you tap a brake. PAS does not engage cruise, only throttle. Also, do you k is how to give a little more juice to walk mode? Mine barely moves.

Yeah, I could see it being useful on long rides where there's no danger of needing to stop fast or downshift fast. But for now, I just didn't want to find myself throttle stuck on / cruise control pushing me forward when I'm still learning how to "gas it " vs. "stop it", etc. :)

Size 13. Understood. My 11’s might be why I don’t have that issue. Well, once you get some more miles and clock yourself with phone GPS please lemme know. I’m maxing at 20mph. Once you get comfortable, watch out for popping wheelies or jumping because the battery my temp disco and you will lose power in an eerie error message death wind down but no worries! Just unlock and open the frame to completely disconnect the battery, and close the frame. It will start and run fine. This is common with many e bikes but a little to prominent on mine fir my liking.

Wheel size setting does effect the speed. Use your phone GPS for correct speed. Put some pedal extenders on to give you a wider stance on the pedals. They work well. I still don't know how to get the bike to 27 mph without going down hill and pedaling.

Correct Wheel size is 20". The bike reaches 27 mph without a load. Meaning tilt your bike with the kickstand down. Hit the throttle Max and you will get 27mph with settings at the correct wheel size. If you set it to 24" wheel size, same procedure it will say, 31 or 32mph, but in real world it's actually 27mph because the wheel sixes is wrong. Throttle and pedaling at Max setting 9, I got up to 25.3 mph on flat but I couldn't sustain the pedaling for long. Throttle only with my weight, 25.3 mph Max. There is also a defect with the way the motor is mounted. Keep an eye out. Make sure both nuts are tightened on the back tire where the motor sits. They replaced my motor but it still happens, the nuts loosen because of poor design.

Back