Just purchased/received (8/25/23) a Lectric XPedition... (2 failed tubes)

Hello - new member here. Hope I'm posting this in the correct location. Just purchased (8/24/23) a new Lectric XPedition. I'm 73 and have been riding bikes for many years and this is my first e-bike. Still ride a non-powered bike but wanted to try an electric. Purchased the 2-battery option and a second charger. Have only put 10 miles on the bike so far and love it - however, both tubes have failed since I got the bike on the road. Both times I found a small hole/failed seam on the inside of the tube on the rim side. Filled the tires to 30-35 lbs. I found no issues with the rim - the rim tape looks good so I'm assuming a bad batch of tubes. I ordered and received two new tubes on Amazon and have replaced both of them this AM (9/4/23). Using old tubes, I added a second layer of tube for the replacements as I have not yet found 20x3 heavy duty tubes and am not ready for the Tanus or similar product. Has anyone had an issue like this with a Lectric brand bike or the XPedition in particular? Also looking for heavy duty tires - Maybe Kenda or Sunlite..??

I'll post updates on the bike as I put more miles on it. I have added two drink cages, a second head and taillight, mirror and travel bag for spare tools and tubes. I bought the large Lectric cargo backet but it is heavy so may try a lightweight basket I have. I'm looking for heavy duty tires and tubes. Thanks for any input anyone can add. DW in Dallas.

Also - wanted to add that the bike was easy to unpack (watch the Lectric video on "first ride). I checked all adjustments and found everything OK. Had to adjust the seat height and handlebar for my height (5'8" at 190 lbs), and add air to the tires. No damage from shipping. Make sure you move the chain to the roller guide and, after reading the instructions, off I went. I only tried PAS 1-3 on the class 2 setting. The bike climbs hills like they aren't there and I can only imagine what the bike does on a class 3 setting in PAS 5. Rode 10-13 miles and batteries still show a full charge - then the tires went flat. At least they held out 'till I was home... :) Update: Put 30+ miles on the new tubes with no issues so far. Lectric has not responded yet as of (9/6/23) but I know they are busy. Again - I love the bike but HATE flats. Will use the bike now for shopping as we are lucky enough to have a couple of shopping centers just off a bike trail that's accessible to our house.
Did want to update that Lectric did respond and sent two new tubes and terminal covers. I have sense replaced the original tires with Pirelli motorcycle (Scooter) tires and all is well as of 10/21/23. I only have around 150 miles on the bike as I still ride a non-powered TREK much of the time but I LOVE the XPedition as does anyone I allow to ride it (after some instruction). Right now we use when we go shopping and to haul food for the geese and ducks when we head to the lake.

We've had two of the XP2.0st bikes since November 2021. One of the mods was to put FlatOut into all four tires.

To my amazement, I've never had to touch the tires since then, never had to add air. About 500 miles of use.
I've had the same experience both with FlatOut and Slime, although like everything else Flatout seems to work better. Tubeless, I am good for literally months. Same for tubed. Its after all a sealant, so it seems to thoroughly coat the tube interior (it had better given how much they recommend you use) and eliminate the natural air loss that you get from any inner tube.

Back