XP Lite rack and panniers delayed again!

Balsa61

Region
USA
I just got an email from Lectric that my XP Lite racks (front and back) and pannier (saddlebag) has now been delayed to mid-August. This was ordered back in the end of May with the bike. The bike arrived on June 6th.

We're not sure we can wait that long, especially with the risk of another delay. So I'm looking at Amazon and LBS for alternates. Any suggestions will be gratefully accepted.

Heard that. Nothing but delays... Rockbros makes some good bags. I ended up ordering a kids basket for the front that looks pretty strong and a strong framed looking rear-rack but neither have arrived yet. Still waiting on the XPremium as I ordered front and rear baskets with it. Let me know what you find.

How you liking your Lite so far? Have over a hundred miles on mine already and run a couple other scooters more.

Attachments

• PXL_20220713_230722405.jpg
    PXL_20220713_230722405.jpg
    641.8 KB · Views: 176
I called Lectric and canceled the Carry Package. Pity, it looked like it was good quality but we just couldn't wait. Instead, we got a rack from Walmart with a quick release bracket that'll work. My wife's backpack fits on this perfectly with bungee cords. We can always reorder in the future when Lectric figure out their supply chain problems.

@BeenLectric - my wife loves the bike. She rides it almost daily, maybe 5-8 miles. Our heat index here in Central Minnesota has been over 97°F/36°C so she hasn't ridden in the past few days. We will have a small window between the heat and the cold to ride. I'll take out the battery and store it during the winter.

That's too bad about the carry package. How does the quick release bag sit?

Still nothing from Lectric about my XPremium either. I'd like to hold out a bit longer to see if they keep to their word about shipping in July. Otherwise I may cancel and put the money into a custom build. No joke about the heat lately, just gotta embrace it before the deep freeze :)

@tomjasz - Where do you ride in the SE? Do quite a bit of 4wheeling in Kellogg, fishing down in Whitewater, and duck hunting in Weaver. Love it down there. Gonna bring the kids out to Pepin next weekend and go camping with the bikes.

Very Nice. Yeah, never ridden bicycle through Winona yet. We usually ride the motorcycles from the Cities down through Red Wing, through Winona on the way to La Crosse from the the Cities. Great part of the countryside. As a kid we did some cycling through Lanesboro which a little further south yet. I think the trail/path is along the Root River. I remember it was nice. Not all the big bluffs though. We'll have to get a group of Minnesotan's together on this forum and hit the trail on some electrics.

Last winter SE MN had clear streets most of the winter. Snowmaggots we’re unhappy but I road most of the winter.
Yeah! We're fair weather bikers. We don't ride in the rain or the cold.

My brother-in-law on the other hand has a dozen bikes each with a specific purpose and design - mountain, fat tire, racing etc. And none of them are electric. He lives in Minneapolis and rides all year round. Compared to him, we are total wusses!

That's pretty cool. Be interesting to learn what he does to prevent salt corrosion. It'd be fun to rip around a fat tire bike through the snow and not ruin everything.

I just got an email from Lectric that my XP Lite racks (front and back) and pannier (saddlebag) has now been delayed to mid-August. This was ordered back in the end of May with the bike. The bike arrived on June 6th.

We're not sure we can wait that long, especially with the risk of another delay. So I'm looking at Amazon and LBS for alternates. Any suggestions will be gratefully accepted.

Strange, I ordered the XP step-thru & the cargo package June 15, got the cargo package racks Friday, but my bike order shows still being processed.

The cargo baskets showed up here today. Test fitted the small one on the Lite to see how it'd fit. Some work to do yet with the cables as they bind a bit when turning left... planning to install a quick-disconnect for the handlebars which will bring them up a bit and resolve that. I see they've shipped the XPremium and it's expected here Thursday.

Attachments

• PXL_20220725_184505545.jpg
    PXL_20220725_184505545.jpg
    818 KB · Views: 170
  • PXL_20220725_184519739.jpg
    PXL_20220725_184519739.jpg
    533.2 KB · Views: 162
  • PXL_20220725_184547861.jpg
    PXL_20220725_184547861.jpg
    808.9 KB · Views: 176
  • PXL_20220725_184634928.jpg
    PXL_20220725_184634928.jpg