Lectric XP Lite first impressions (I'll update this after I ride)

I have had nothing but positive experiences with Lectric. It was my gateway bike to 5 or 6 others. I am actually considering an XP Lite just to have to strap on the back of my Ecar. (colors almost match)
It will blend perfectly with your Hyundai! I certainly didn't need the Lite either, but at the price point, it was hard to resist as an easy to access and store 2nd bike.

The number of times I actually folded a bike prior to this I could count on one hand. It's a clumsy process, no? It's not the weight which isn't bad, but maneuvering the frame will take some practice.

It will blend perfectly with your Hyundai! I certainly didn't need the Lite either, but at the price point, it was hard to resist as an easy to access and store 2nd bike.

The number of times I actually folded a bike prior to this I could count on one hand. It's a clumsy process, no? It's not the weight which isn't bad, but maneuvering the frame will take some practice.
Yeah, I think I maybe folded our original XP 2 or 3 times and got tired of pinching my fingers and the awkwardness of folding and hoisting-then my son converted it into a bmx bike with front suspension and new front stem and handlebars. I don't think it even folds anymore.

How long did you wait from the time of order until you got your bike?
I bought my Lectric XP 1.0 summer of Covid (2020?) and I want to say it took 6 weeks from the time of order to delivery. I believe I was also quoted 6 weeks lead time. I would not hesitate to do business with Lectric again. The new Lectric Lite looks interesting. The original XP was just too heavy for my tired body to fold and lug...

I've been thinking about this toy, and by looking at how top tube lowers below the top of 20" wheel - I would say about 22" where halves of the tube join each other. This is "a little" more than a typical 17-18" step through. Hopefully somebody will measure and report.

What guys were talking about PAS here, speed cut off? Does it mean there is no difference in resistance to pedalling with higher PAS, you don't feel more power to each revolution of pedals?

I meant the pedal assist setting (1-5) does not change the amount of power outputted by the motor. It is either on or off. There is no variable power. The pedal assist level sets the speed where the motor cuts off. I'm guessing this is normal. I emailed customer service, but they didn't answer my questions. They replied with a copy paste email saying how to get into settings.

Someone mentioned trying to get the tires to exactly 35 PSI. That's not necessary. 35 PSI is the maximum safe pressure for the tires not the pressure you necessarily want to run at. More pressure means more range but harder ride. Someone mentioned to make sure when you add air and check the pressure make sure the valve stem isn't on the bottom. I don't know why I didn't think of this, but I never use sealant. If you're using an electric pump, it can be tricky to get the exact pressure especially if the pump uses the screw on method to attach the air hose.

In case anyone was curious I weighed it and it's 37.5 pounds. Of course, that's how it comes out of the box without any attachments like a headlight or water bottle. It's 1.5 pounds over what Lectric claims but I can understand because of manufacturing differences.

About the angry guy video I just posted that for entertainment. You can't take it seriously.

I watched the video from Kev Central and he did a good comparison. I like his channel and a few others but always remember take YouTube videos with a grain of salt. Even though it's not technically "sponsored" YouTube creators must be careful what they say if they want to continue getting review samples. If they mention too many negative points, they will get cut off. That's with any product category unfortunately. There are some creators that won't take review samples or free products because of that but they're usually bigger creators so they can afford not to do that. They also lose out on early review views.

Someone mentioned step over height. I did a rough measurement with a string an ruler because I couldn't find my tape and it's about 23" at the hinge and about 24" at the part you'll likely bring your foot over. I'm really surprised they didn't list that but perhaps since they didn't make a low step version, they didn't want to point it out. It's not very high and you can lean it.

How long did you wait from the time of order until you got your bike?
A little less than a month but I ordered before they were shipping them out. On the website it will tell you the approximate wait time. I'm sure it's different depending on your country.

Thanks for sharing your experience too, Tom. Lectric is sending some 3mm tape to insert at the bottom of the battery so it fits more securely in the frame. As you suggested though, it might just take a bit more breaking in.

Inasmuch as I dislike the aesthetics of bolted on batteries (such as a Rad folder) I'm not really crazy about this inside-the-frame position either, for more practical reasons. I like what Lectric did on the XPremium with the main battery, which is mounted underneath the down tube. That's the way the battery is mounted on my Priority Current as well, and it's very easy to access.
Be careful when folding it because if the battery isn't locked in it'll fall out. The last thing you want is a lithium battery hitting the concrete right in front of your face 🤣

Fun little bike so far. Fedex finally dropped it off yesterday after 2 weeks of mis-shipments around the countryside. It's box delivered pretty worn out and the top of 1 pedal crank paint worn off during transit. Spokes needed to be trued and front brake caliper properly aligned not to rub. Tires had 5-8psi in them. Filled them to 35psi with valve-stems facing up. 180lb rider.

First ride out ~1 mile and feet kept sliding to the edges of the pedals anytime I stood up. Swapped the pedals with a pair off an old walmart mountain bike and problem solved. Took it out for a 9 mile night-right through the city and on some trails. PAS seemed to work on inclines but run out of pedal quick on flat ground. Added fork guards, folding lock, and a brighter light so far. Looking to swap on short fenders and BMX handbars as I get time.

PXL_20220613_054840337.jpg

Bike is charged and about to go for a ride. If you want some entertainment watch this guy lose his mind over the XP Lite. Some of his replies in the comments are just awesome! I can imagine this guy when he first heard about it he was screaming at his desk cursing saying why didn't he come up with the idea of a lightweight folding E-bike

Actually I was thinking, "Wow they convinced people to pay more, get less and feel good about it. Damn, wish I didn't have a conscience and could just take peoples' money. But we're about value. Not overcharging for less.".

Actually I was thinking, "Wow they convinced people to pay more, get less and feel good about it. Damn, wish I didn't have a conscience and could just take peoples' money. But we're about value. Not overcharging for less.".
Pay more? $100 less than the original version, $200 less than the current 2.0.

$150 less than the fat tire folder your selling and comparing to the Lite on your site.

First, comparing a fat tire platform to a 2” tired one is apple to orange.

Second, your bike weighs the same as the xp 2.0, Lectric named their new bike Lite because it weighs less.

If you’re a better company, sell a better product, have as good or better customer service, maybe start with some “honest” comparing instead of posting irreverent nonsense.

$150 less than the fat tire folder your selling and comparing to the Lite on your site.

Second, your bike weighs the same as the xp 2.0, Lectric named their new bike Lite because it weighs less.

If you’re a better company, sell a better product, have as good or better customer service, maybe start with some “honest” comparing instead of posting irreverent nonsense.
Very well said. The Lite and the 2.0 are different machines for different needs, and the "coffee-rant" comparison only makes sense if you're comparing bike value by bulk or by the pound...or for features someone might or might not care about. A lot of people love the 2.0. I get it. The only Lectric I've taken an interest in for myself is the Lite, not even factoring price, but I've suggested the 2.0 many times to first time buyers that might not be put off by the weight, or who I think will benefit by having fat tires. They're both great values in the current marketplace, but different beasts altogether.

Last edited:
Good for Lectric to strategize the market, grow a business, and satisfy customers - That's what it's all about. While customers could get taken advantage of with their own lack of knowledge; that has nothing to do with Lectric and everything to do with the consumer.

Plenty of us can piece together a bike; like the ones sold on e-powersport. Sourcing parts online for less is nothing new. The Lectric Lite is a fair price in my opinion and E-powersport has competitive pricing as well. I'm actually interested in the e-enduro despite being put off listening to your video-rant. The whole $800 car vs. $800 bike things is groundless - you could get a free cardboard box shelter going too, insulated with $800 in creature comforts or build an airplane out of parts. To each their own.

You seem really confused about what that video is about. I compared the VX2 to the XP 2.0 not the LITE. We have a unit that costs $100 less and weighs under 40lbs with a bigger battery the the XP Lite. That's not even the one I'm designing, which is just under 50lbs, foldable and still better equipped than the XP Lite. Still about a year out from any production on it. We are better, simply by the fact we actually work on these, repair them and help people upgrade them. Lectric doesn't have a shop, they tell people they "made" something when they just ordered it, probably don't know how to bleed brake and use gorilla marketers to negatively comment on others who might threaten their position. Not you, but I've traced back some of the commenters on our stuff.

Yeah, I'm starting to get the impression they're ordering everything from China with their custom logo painted on it. They certainly haven't mentioned otherwise. This would line up with their crazy delivery dates from the time of order. Ordered an XPremium in May with "Shipping in June" on their website. Later on the statement changed to "Shipping in July". Now that July's here will we see "Shipping in August" and I just end up cancelling my order? I've purchased 3 other e-bikes/scooters since then and have over 100 miles on each of them (one of them being the Lite). Lectric doesn't seem to have the capacity to provide any order updates either. Hopefully I'll hear something from them soon.

Yeah, I'm starting to get the impression they're ordering everything from China with their custom logo painted on it. They certainly haven't mentioned otherwise. This would line up with their crazy delivery dates from the time of order. Ordered an XPremium in May with "Shipping in June" on their website. Later on the statement changed to "Shipping in July". Now that July's here will we see "Shipping in August" and I just end up cancelling my order? I've purchased 3 other e-bikes/scooters since then and have over 100 miles on each of them (one of them being the Lite). Lectric doesn't seem to have the capacity to provide any order updates either. Hopefully I'll hear something from them soon.
Interesting, since our Paselec shipment is supposed to be here mid-end of July as well. Probably in the same shipment. The more I've been riding our mid-drive the more I appreciate it for what it is vs our hub drives. Quite a bit more technical with all the shifting required to get the torque from the motor. It's fun, like driving my 6speed Fiat, but less of an automatic transmission experience that you get from a hub motor. Sure, you could leave the mid-drive in one gear, but then you might as well get a hub motor and get the full torque curve without shifting. I have to get ready to run some errands this morning, I use our E-bikes every chance I can to replace the car trips. Got to live it everyday, not just on the weekends :)

You seem really confused about what that video is about. I compared the VX2 to the XP 2.0 not the LITE. We have a unit that costs $100 less and weighs under 40lbs with a bigger battery the the XP Lite. That's not even the one I'm designing, which is just under 50lbs, foldable and still better equipped than the XP Lite. Still about a year out from any production on it. We are better, simply by the fact we actually work on these, repair them and help people upgrade them. Lectric doesn't have a shop, they tell people they "made" something when they just ordered it, probably don't know how to bleed brake and use gorilla marketers to negatively comment on others who might threaten their position. Not you, but I've traced back some of the commenters on our stuff.
I’m not confused about some video.

I didn’t respond to any video.

I responded to your post that insinuated that I, as a two time customer of Lectric (original and Lite) was too stupid to realize that I was getting ripped off or otherwise taken advantage of.

By the way, you’re still comparing your fat tire to the Lite- “two inch wider tires, 50% bigger battery” on your website. Go ahead and fix that, the first step to maybe being considered credible.

I’m not confused about some video.

I didn’t respond to any video.

I responded to your post that insinuated that I, as a two time customer of Lectric (original and Lite) was too stupid to realize that I was getting ripped off or otherwise taken advantage of.

By the way, you’re still comparing your fat tire to the Lite- “two inch wider tires, 50% bigger battery” on your website. Go ahead and fix that, the first step to maybe being considered credible.
I can understand how coming to that realization would upset you, but I didn't say or insinuate anything. The reply of mine you commented to was about the commentary of the video. It's understandable with as upset you appear to be you'd make some mistakes. The comparison you cite is explaining why it costs and weighs more, that unit is the VX1. The VX2 is comparable to the Lectric XP 2.0, but more battery and power for less money. We decided to list the Paselec Mini 3.0 in response to requests for something lighter than the XP Lite, which it is, cost less and comes with a larger battery, with a smaller folded footprint. I almost forgot to mention the wireless alarm that's included for $700. Again, I can understand your confusion, from what you said above you stepped in without checking the overall context. Normal mistake, it happens a lot on the internet.

I'm happy to report that my bike was ready to go despite sitting all winter. I don't need to make any adjustments, it's all good. No gears is nice sometimes. I ride this bike five times a week for about 120 miles. For long rides over 30 miles, I bring a second battery as my ride home is uphill for at least 11 miles. The bike is fun and easy to ride, and I find myself standing in the saddle going up bridges. It climbs well, but if you want to go quick, you'll need to put in some effort. This bike is the best $1,100 I've spent. I care about weight, being an RV'er, so I appreciate being able to strip it down and make it 50 lbs. The extended-range XP seems like a winner as well. It is nice to be able to get e-bikes at these prices that are actually good. Before, you would have spent twice as much and you can even today if you want for basically the same thing. It is smart to use folding to keep the package sizes down and allow the bike to be so easily assembled. Consider going simple if you just want fewer headaches is my advice.

Back