Watt Wagons Critical Product Availability Status

Well Im happy to see that some people are receiving what they ordered.

I am neither happy nor receiving what I order on July 31 2021. I have never received a reply when I have attempted multiple times to find out the status of my order.

After much research it appears that the attorney general is aggressively pursuing businesses that use COVID as an excuse to provide professional service.

I made my final call to Watt Wagons today. If I do not hear back in 24 hours, my claim with the attorney general will start.

Feel free to reply how wrong or correct I am... But please understand, your experiences may be different from mine.

BUYER BEWARE

Well Im happy to see that some people are receiving what they ordered.

I am neither happy nor receiving what I order on July 31 2021. I have never received a reply when I have attempted multiple times to find out the status of my order.

After much research it appears that the attorney general is aggressively pursuing businesses that use COVID as an excuse to provide professional service.

I made my final call to Watt Wagons today. If I do not hear back in 24 hours, my claim with the attorney general will start.

Feel free to reply how wrong or correct I am... But please understand, your experiences may be different from mine.

BUYER BEWARE
UPDATE. I was contacted by WATT Wagons and they said they are processing a refund. They apologized for missing my communication attempts.

I shall be pursuing a similar action on May 23, which is beyond the 30-day period allowed for Watt Wagons to respond to my official demand letter. At that time they'll be subject to triple damages, attorney's fees, interests, and other costs.

Here's a couple of photos of my chain and the fat-bike spyder. The chain is sitting on the 6th cassette cog.

IMG_2704.jpeg

IMG_2705.jpeg

IMG_2707.jpeg

UPDATE. I was contacted by WATT Wagons and they said they are processing a refund. They apologized for missing my communication attempts.
”processing a refund” is a …………STALL tactic.

Pursue other remedies ASAP !

Mr. D. not to beat a dead horse but could you post one last pic from behind the rear cassette looking forward like in my second pic.
What chain are you running? Cassette in good working order? Have you had this issue since you first got it or just recently? Don't you hate a guy that shows up late to the party and probably asks the same questions you already stated?
No offense but Im not reading through 20+ pages with all the crap in it.

Hey, I'm just glad there's people on this forum willing to help. 👍
The chain has skipped from the very first ride. When I first rode the bike it skipped in the bottom 3 cogs!
I have no idea what the chain is. It's the one that came with the bike. The cassette only has a couple hundred miles on it.

IMG_2710.jpeg

IMG_2708.jpeg

That doesn't look as bad as those first pics, it's fairly centered IMO. How about a closeup pic of the cassette and chainring?
Is your B screw adjusted? Can you put it in the lowest gear (biggest sprocket) and get a pic from the side showing the derailleur cog in relation to the cassette cog when in 1st?

The first photo was with the regular front chain ring. The last photos are with the Fat Spyder installed. If I put the stock Bafang front chainring back on I suspect the chain would go back to skipping in the smallest three cogs.
I'm not sure what this frame was built for, but I doubt it was for a regular cassette/derailleur setup.

Mr. D. not to beat a dead horse but could you post one last pic from behind the rear cassette looking forward like in my second pic.
What chain are you running? Cassette in good working order? Have you had this issue since you first got it or just recently? Don't you hate a guy that shows up late to the party and probably asks the same questions you already stated?
No offense but Im not reading through 20+ pages with all the crap in it.
I encourage you to check out my delivery thread from a few months ago:

I had issues with chain cross as well. I put spacers on my chainring to eliminate some of that and now shifting and chain skipping is much better, they were from here: https://wickwerks.com/products/1x-chainline-spacers/ if I recall correctly.

Almost everyone I know that has an E-bike has had to replace their original chain that came with their bike. You would think that it would be the perfect fit right?
Your chainline looks fine to me.
When your in your smallest cog do those cable supports on your chain stay that support your derailer cable hinder the chain rotation at all?

You definitely need to use the fat spider with the 197mm rear end.

At this point I would replace the chain.
I have had great luck with the KMC 11E ( about $60 ) and never a problem I just keep it clean and lubed. Have done a few rides in the mud and snow where it was pretty thick and all was good.

At this point make sure your derailler is set correctly.
After that it should not skip, I hope.

FWIW if you were in SD I would be more than willing to help you out to get this issue squared away.
Good luck don't give up you'll get it fixed.

Reactions: rtp
I might give those chain spacers a try. Thanks. 👍

edit: out of stock. :(
Dang, they should be pretty easy to find from other companies. I both flipped the chainring onto the outside of the spider and used a spacer to push it out even further, then used a second set of spacers to keep the chainring guard. I had to order extended chainring bolts of course.

@Deacon Blues Can you post a pic from 90*, facing the rear cassette?
The later pics look ok - could perhaps space it out slightly just to have a bit more cross to bigger and less cross to smaller gears, but I wouldn't go far.
Is B screw on derailleur adjusted properly? Post pic above with bike on biggest cog on back, so can see how far the gar to jockey cog/wheel is.

Betting something got chewed up early on or large gap/derailleur B screw not set properly, perhaps making the wrap on smaller cogs even less.

rtp, will do when I get a chance.
I imagine if I go with the spacers kwseattle linked to I'll have to go with wider nut/bolts?

I imagine if I go with the spacers kwseattle linked to I'll have to go with wider nut/bolts?
Just followed the spacer link. Says to use standard chainring bolts and they're only 2.5mm thick, so check your engagement on the current chainring bolts and nuts, might be fine. It's not a huge amount on those spacers, but maybe get 2 sets (would expect to need longer chainring bolts then) depending on what you find etc., and if you see any improvement (especially once we see pics of derailleur on big sprocket and cassette cog teeth condition etc..)

What derailleur is on the bike? On both of my Hydra bikes I changed the chain to a 11spd KMC Ebike chain. Much better quality and a lot stronger. Also check the tension on the chain. Has to be tight enough so it stays on the cogs.

I bought 16mm bolts for two sets of spacers (one set was to keep the chainring guard). They were cheap on Amazon.

Reactions: rtp
Just heard that the Hyrda / Helios frame factory had to shut down again on Thursday. Such a weird time to be alive right now. Sucks, but what can I do? Frustrating.

No be depressed, If I had your job I would be Living Da Dream. Stevedores here have million dollar houses, and Land Cruiser Collection.
I'm just trying to collect Ebikes unfortunately Hydra will not be in it. I'm trying to get the Innotrace Black Forest Bike.
If I lived anywhere else in Canada, then maybe, yes. However, this city is out of control and we don`t do as well as our USA brothers and sisters.

Back