4/1 update on Shipping and delivery

I have been tracking Helios journey almost since inception and have a couple of thoughts as a potential buyer
1. On one hand I feel it has been a challenging year for small manufacturers like Pushkar. The whole supply chain got thrown upside down, production was disrupted, suppliers reneged on their commitments etc etc. Pushkar has dealt with it with the highest possible transparency.

2. But as a potential buyer it makes me go “No way I want to deal with that”. Regardless of how amazing the bike is or big of a value for money it is. Multiple delays to the timeline, not knowing when you are likely to get your bike, waiting for 6-12 months to get your hands on it.

I have been tracking Helios journey almost since inception and have a couple of thoughts as a potential buyer
1. On one hand I feel it has been a challenging year for small manufacturers like Pushkar. The whole supply chain got thrown upside down, production was disrupted, suppliers reneged on their commitments etc etc. Pushkar has dealt with it with the highest possible transparency.

2. But as a potential buyer it makes me go “No way I want to deal with that”. Regardless of how amazing the bike is or big of a value for money it is. Multiple delays to the timeline, not knowing when you are likely to get your bike, waiting for 6-12 months to get your hands on it.
It helps if you have a decent bike to ride while you wait. Helps a LOT. What Wattwagons is doing is well well worth the wait.

I can appreciate your reticence to engage with an aspirational brand and product.. And if the COVID affect was avoidable or foreseeable certainly many of us, including @pushkar would have made some different choices.. Having said that, the story of WW is being written as we speak and those of us who’ve weathered the worst of it will have a story for everyone who says ... Hey nice bike!

@Marrduk24 Thanks for reaching out to us. I know we discussed your use case in some detail and went over Atom, Helios etc. Delays have been the bane of small manufacturers, but we are working through that. It is tough, no doubt,
I know you requested feedback for a couple of non- bafang bikes. They are both great - most of our customers have some variants of that at the moment.
Happy riding! Thanks so much again for reaching out. We hope to be in a better place soon.

@Marrduk24 Thanks for reaching out to us. I know we discussed your use case in some detail and went over Atom, Helios etc. Delays have been the bane of small manufacturers, but we are working through that. It is tough, no doubt,
I know you requested feedback for a couple of non- bafang bikes. They are both great - most of our customers have some variants of that at the moment.
Happy riding! Thanks so much again for reaching out. We hope to be in a better place soon.
I really like the Atom. Just wish it was available in a carbon frame with regular cassette, hint, hint. 😋

Just kidding, with the purchase of your Hydra and the Luna Cycles Buzzraw I’m banned from purchasing anything bike related for a looooooong time.

@pushkar: thanks for liking the below post, but I don't think we've had an answer as to the status of small, large and extra large Helios frames.

Just trying to understand....

AdilDesai said:
What's the timeframe for the Large/Diamond frame @pushkar?
@pushkar could you provide an update on timeframe per frame size? It's great that you've provided an update on the medium diamond frame, but for those of us who have ordered a small, large or extra large, we're still in the dark (and there's been no mention of the step through frame).

Wednesday will mark one year since I pre-ordered and paid for the Helios in full. A more robust update would be appreciated.
Bluzrif said:
If orders are going out the door by order number is there a way to telegraph that by lots .. i.e.order 1011 thru 1025 are being processed next week etc..
This is a good idea. We all know our order number, so this type of an update would be helpful.

@pushkar: thanks for liking the below post, but I don't think we've had an answer as to the status of small, large and extra large Helios frames.

Just trying to understand....

@pushkar could you provide an update on timeframe per frame size? It's great that you've provided an update on the medium diamond frame, but for those of us who have ordered a small, large or extra large, we're still in the dark (and there's been no mention of the step through frame).
I know that all frames in this batch are medium -2 Step thru and 4 Diamond. I have not received them yet but that’s the mix. The next batch is 10M, 5L, 2S , and 3S step thru.

Wednesday will mark one year since I pre-ordered and paid for the Helios in full. A more robust update would be appreciated.

This is a good idea. We all know our order number, so this type of an update would be helpful.
I’ll prioritize by order numbers as they match the frame sizes.

I believe so.
And timing on "the next batch"? Are those being air freighted, or on the water?

Here's why I'm asking (beyond the obvious): I didn't select shipping and the bike availability is part of our spring/summer/fall vacation planning. Can't plan the Boston trip (or others) without some rough estimate. Me: I'm a patient man, but the wife doesn't know the meaning....

And timing on "the next batch"? Are those being air freighted, or on the water?

Here's why I'm asking (beyond the obvious): I didn't select shipping and the bike availability is part of our spring/summer/fall vacation planning. Can't plan the Boston trip (or others) without some rough estimate. Me: I'm a patient man, but the wife doesn't know the meaning....
.. Pushkar ranks right up there with a golfing buddy with most founder spouses right now....😂🤣😍

Amit posted this on our social media a few days ago.

167395962_275840247455645_9007819841179314268_n.jpg

Looks like Pablo is watching CNBC this morning

Attachments

• 3BC7C308-9586-4B9A-A853-A6FFB1ADCD8F.jpeg
    3BC7C308-9586-4B9A-A853-A6FFB1ADCD8F.jpeg
    461.3 KB · Views: 297
Swagman's E-Spec bike rack is RV approved and supports up to 140 lbs of bikes and it is made in Canada (Penticton BC).

Back