Watt Wagons Critical Product Availability Status

@Acme good details, sounds like the X1 version does both voltages and doesn't require a specific voltage stock controller to replace, which is good news if there's ever the option again to upgrade a motor since I have a backup M620 sitting here. Also good info on how the power levels compare - though a bit of a bummer the BMS is switching. The ones I use are about the size of 4-5 cells and 60A, but have a seperate dongle for the bluetooth - though I think the smart BMS's they offer that are under 40A have it onboard without the dongle and are slightly smaller. What I like about the dongle version is that it (the dongle) has a little power button that you can use to wake the battery in lieu of opening up the app and waking it. I'm using common port with an anti-spark connector so there's no actual switch on the battery other than that power button on the BT dongle.

While it doesn't impact me, I'm a little bummed with their switch which means users can no longer track their range & voltage etc with the app (unless there's an alternative way?)

The bike's running fine (except for the chain skip in the first two cassette cogs), but it sure goes through the battery fast. The cold weather doesn't help either.
Deacon - did you ever get a new cassette and chain from WW? I thought I remembered you did. Was that no help with the skipping?

I did get a new smaller cassette, chain (I think), and a 'fat bike' spider. I also installed a larger front ring, which pretty well cancelled out the gain from the smaller cassette and new spider.
The chain skips in the smallest cog and skips in the second smallest cog if I apply a decent amount of power. It doesn't skip in the third cog.

I'm not going to do anything else to get rid of the skipping because Pushkar and I have worked out an agreement, where I send back the UC Pro I have now and he builds me a UC Pro (small instead of medium) with the new frames he as coming in.
If available, I'll probably also go with the 7 speed Kindernay hub.

Couple of things I did about my skipping.went with a smaller cassette. 42T on the largest if I remember correctly. This allowed me to take some links out of the chain and adjust the b tension to get more chain on the 11t cog. I have also noticed that the smallest two cogs wear out quickly. I bought spare 11t and 13t cogs and replace then once the start to slip. This fixed the problem right up. Not I am able to get about 600 to 800 miles on the 11t before replacement. It is tricky because the cogs I replace on my bike look pretty good, but the new cogs work when replaced. Think that it is due just to the power. Read some guy with a brose motor having the same issue.

I also have a 11 to 42 tooth cassette.
@Cathartic Release, can you give me a source link for the 11 & 13 tooth cogs? I suspect my 11 & 13 won't last very long and it's such a waste to recycle the whole cassette when only the two smallest cogs have worn out. It's also expensive. :(

I know it's an apples to oranges comparison, but my Cannondale Neo Lefty 3 ebike, with a Bosch motor, has 7500km on the original cassette (second chain). I plan on replacing the cassette when I replace the the chain.

Did @WaxedWookie ever get his bike?
Not yet, but I've been cause of the delay this time (for the past 2 weeks or so) - after a note from Gregg, I was considering whether to replace the integrated Supernova lights with the Magicshine Zeus - this is because the DRL is always-on (not an issue unless that's true when the bike is off), and the rear light cable can't be neatly routed. To his credit, Gregg came to the table with options around wiring switches and swapping the tail light to work around the M99's limitations on the Hydra.

The Magicshine is brighter, but has its own battery pack and and lacks a cutoff, meaning it will dazzle others in city use (the main use for my light will be commuting). Instead, I've just responded asking for the lights to be left off and credited - I'll be putting together my own lighting solution, which I may document for you guys as I pull it together.

I just had my configuration changed remotely from 52 to 48 V. on one of my bikes. There is a small drop in performance although to be honest I felt the 52 V early model programming Pushkar used was too powerful. Eco 3 would lift front wheel if you were not careful. The 48 V system needs to be in the turbo mode before the front wheel comes off without lifting. overall I think this is a much better set up for my riding. I am rarely drawing over 1500 W. I don’t have any real testing on it yet for range but I suspect I will gain approximately 20%. There are nine more cells in the 48v pack however it does not have the smart a BMS. The smart BMS takes the place of 5 cells. I hope to get out riding soon and will post some results as to the differences in both bikes.
How did you do this? I got my 48v packs, but the version of X1 Tool I have doesn't have the motor tab to switch from 14S to 13S. So now kinda headache because they want to get a version of X1 Tool from Innotrace that has motor tab with least that one setting to send to customers... but now kinda waiting on this. Kinda annoying. Not sure why we even need to deal wtih this BS of having version of app without all settings.

I’m not sure why in innotrace is limiting this setting either. I had to log on to team viewer with Germany which was not the easiest thing with the time difference. Hopefully they will just change the app so anyone can do it. I know Pushkar can do it if you send the motor back to him but there is some limitation so he cannot do it online. This kind of sucks but it’s not Pushkar‘s fault.m he’s doing everything he can to get Innotrace to remedy this.

So it's now been over 2 weeks since I last heard from Gregg.

He was working on the credit for the lights, shipping cost difference (nice), and $150 delay credit that wasn't applied to my reluctant fork upgrade (very nice), along with the shipping info. I also requested the details necessary to program the controller.

My last follow up was 5 days ago. Feels like an unfortunate return to the standard of communication I've come to expect from WattWagons.

So it's now been over 2 weeks since I last heard from Gregg.

He was working on the credit for the lights, shipping cost difference (nice), and $150 delay credit that wasn't applied to my reluctant fork upgrade (very nice), along with the shipping info. I also requested the details necessary to program the controller.

My last follow up was 5 days ago. Feels like an unfortunate return to the standard of communication I've come to expect from WattWagons.

Yeah, that’s because you want a credit.
Debit no problem.
Why don’t people get the hint……?
Hmmmmmmm.

Gregg already agreed to those credits - which I must say I thought was going above and beyond, so kudos where it's deserved.
While I expect the credit may trickle in slowly over time, I don't think any of that should affect fulfilment of the bike.

I'll continue to update one way or another, but don't expect much until Monday in the US.

Gregg came back overnight (my time), sending through the programming info, and explaining that they'd had issues with the shipping broker, causing delays. He anticipates the bike will ship this week.

@onlineaddy, if you've lost hope of a resolution with WattWagons, you could consider a chargeback with your bank. A little extreme, but better than being left bikeless and penniless.

Good to hear.

Online’s problem is a little deeper then that. The founders were told that they would be completely refunded within 120 days. That timeframe has come and gone and now back to radio silence. Closing in on 2 years since that project started. No bike, no money,

So while I am happy that ww is making some of you some nice looking bikes, there is a group of people who paid in full for a bike that never came and are still trying to get their money back.

Last edited:
Online’s problem is a little deeper then that. The founders were told that they would be completely refunded within 120 days. That timeframe has come and gone and now back to radio silence. Closing in on 2 years since that project started. No bike, no money,

So while I am happy that ww is making some of you some nice looking bikes, there is a group of people who paid in full for a bike that never came and are still trying to get their money back.
Yeah - that situation is a bad one - and a large contributor to the concerns I raised earlier in this thread that WW are insolvent, basically robbing Peter to pay Paul. I don't assume WW are trying to steal from people, so that's the only reasonable explanation I could find. It puts you in a difficult spot - if you make noise about it publicly, you create incentive for WW to address the issue, but do so by threatening the revenue stream that would be used to cover your refund.

That said, presenting the evidence to the bank and requesting a chargeback seems like it would bypass any need to deal with Pushkar and the team any further - they'll just claw the money back from the account.

Back