Updated Rooks and Colts being shipped soon

• Thread starter Deleted member 4210
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 4210

Looking forward to new updated models:
14 Ah battery option now available. Should be Great range with their refined torque sensing.

Color display with USB port.

Better battery positioning

Full throttle at all times available (not limited by assist level)

Relocated torque sensor back to rear hub for improved reliability and ease of service.

Updated frame styling.

Very well priced ebike with good quality features, especially for a torque sensing ebike, without the drawbacks of a high priced mid drive, that has no throttle.

Got my wife's Rook yesterday. Compared to my Colt that I got just 3 months ago, the visible changes are as follows.
  • Color display
  • Leather-wrapped hand grips
  • Bell included
  • Custom fit fenders (not generic)
  • Angular top downtube (not round)
  • Higher end cranks, seat post, and steering neck
  • Kickstand mounted more forward (pedals still miss it)
  • Brake light now works with both brake levers
  • Extended air stems
  • No bottle mount bolts
  • No more coil wrap covering cables; Velcro straps instead
Looks like they're all sold out again already and the price increased to $1999. Still one of the best bikes for the price.

Attachments

• IMG_20190906_101858092.jpg
    IMG_20190906_101858092.jpg
    223.1 KB · Views: 661
  • IMG_20190906_101039426.jpg
    IMG_20190906_101039426.jpg
    175.4 KB · Views: 692
Got my wife's Rook yesterday. Compared to my Colt that I got just 3 months ago, the visible changes are as follows.
  • Color display
  • Bell included
  • Extended air stems
  • No bottle mount bolts
Looks like they're all sold out again already and the price increased to $1999. Still one of the best bikes for the price.
Are the handle bars (shape, dimensions) or grips still the same ?

The grips are definitely the same shape, but now leather (or leatherette) covered, stitching and all. I think the handlebars are the same, but I can't be certain since I sold my Colt to a friend after converting my old Giant. Derailleur and brakes are the same.

• Color display
  • Bell included
  • Extended air stems
  • No bottle mount bolts

Very nice. I have a 2017 Rook and the new one looks better. Do you know if the battery and housing the same as the older models.

Very nice. I have a 2017 Rook and the new one looks better. Do you know if the battery and housing the same as the older models.
The battery form is identical. The lower frame bar is the same squared-off design, though the battery mounts lower down on it. I read on here somewhere that the battery (capacity/range) itself may have been improved, but I couldn't say.

The battery form is identical. The lower frame bar is the same squared-off design, though the battery mounts lower down on it. I read on here somewhere that the battery (capacity/range) itself may have been improved, but I couldn't say.
There is now a 14 Ah battery option. They moved the battery position lower on the downturn to accommodate that. Greater range with that battery than the standard 10 Ah one.

There is now a 14 Ah battery option. They moved the battery position lower on the downturn to accommodate that. Greater range with that battery than the standard 10 Ah one.
I ordered the bike back in May, and I don't recall a battery option at that time. But my wife doesn't do long rides anyway, so I don't need it. Good to know, though.

Another review from Electrek...

Surface604 Rook tech specs
  • Motor: 500W rear hub drive
  • Battery: 48V 10Ah
  • Range 35-45 miles (56-72km)
  • Gearing: 9 Speed Shimano Alivio
  • Frame: Aluminum
  • Tires: 26×2 Kenda
  • Weight: 57 lbs (25.85 kg)
  • Price: $1,999
  • Extras: front air-shock, fenders, welded rack, integrated lights, adjustable seat post, chain guard, upgradable $200 14Ah battery

Seems like a good bike for $ question... because of my knee I have permanent restrictions..can 152mm crank arms be installed ? I had to do this to my previous bike just to ride it also how high is the top tube on the s/m stand over thanks

Back