UC Pro Step through frame prototype build pics. Painting / Decal / lights etc will be done in Boston.

pushkar

Hey everyone. We just got the step through build done. Here are some initial pictures. Please note - we are evaluating the frame only at this point.

Here are some key takeaways to focus on.
  1. We will paint it with prismatic colors and put actual decals on it here in Boston. Please ignore the paint, tires, brake rotor size on these pictures.
  2. We can only do a 14Ah battery pack on the step-through frame. We have gone through 2 sets of stress / strength / certification tests on the step-through and we ran into a couple of issues with the original 17Ah battery pack.
    • Geometry: We are planning for a closer "reach" with our geometry - so the rider has a nice upright riding position. In the scenario when a user has dual battery, there is less clearance to actually remove the downtube battery (Note that the downtube battery is removed from the top in the case of step through frame).
    • Frames capable of doing up to 350 lb: With the larger 17Ah battery, the frame stress and flex tests are not up to spec due to the larger downtube.
  3. Yes, there will be braze-ons for the rear racks on the production run.
  4. Here is a link to the diamond (regular) frame.

15611596159222_.pic_hd.jpg
15981596162612_.pic_hd.jpg

15621596159236_.pic_hd.jpg
16021596162655_.pic_hd.jpg

15641596159253_.pic_hd.jpg
15971596162603_.pic_hd.jpg

Last edited:
Man.. i know this sounds strange but this looks exactly like the drawings.. that is such a great thing. Ha ha..

Now if you got this in some of these colors - quartz / matte black with some red highlights, or the orange (make it slightly darker and richer) with some blue highlights...... this bike would be gorgeous.

1596164525962.png

1596164726095.png
1596164582372.png

Where are you putting the logo ?

It was a really good decision that you put the 2nd battery at the seat tube. It balances out the rather robust down tube with the internal battery.

I’m loving the front rack. But, I don’t see where there’s room near the head tube for the water bottles.

One more thing: did you change your mind about the center kickstand?

Last edited:
Digging the integrated battery design... I would not add the second battery unless I lived on Mt. Everest. 😉

It was a really good decision that you put the 2nd battery at the seat tube. It balances out the rather robust down tube with the internal battery.

I’m loving the front rack. But, I don’t see where there’s room near the head tube for the water bottles.

One more thing: did you change your mind about the center kickstand?
Yes we weren’t able to put any brazeons for the testing. We will be adding the mount for the kickstand, rear rack, bottle mounts where we can.

The bike looks really nice!
Pushkar, you had mentioned a while back that the step through small size would not have room for the second battery. Instead, you would ship two frame mounted batteries. Is that still the case?

The bike looks really nice!
Pushkar, you had mentioned a while back that the step through small size would not have room for the second battery. Instead, you would ship two frame mounted batteries. Is that still the case?
Thanks
Yes will do that.

Back