To the "Karens", and the "Carls" out there😂 Those riding dirty too.

I just read that about the wine. Okay, I screwed up on that. I put $100 down. It is still good stuff. I was going by my friend's word by his cell phone and he didn't have his glasses. When I screw up I fess up. So, I screwed up. There.

It is the do nothing politicians that are a big part of the problem with gun violence. This is not tolerable with guns and gun nuts when there are two mass murders per day. What is an AK good for, defending your bedroom? Nope. It is a tactical assault military grade weapon. 'Tacticical' means carefully planed, and that means premeditated. Its sole purpose is premeditated mass killing. Murder 1.
No worries...
But it is further proof about the major crap with regards to wine, taste and cost. Travel Italy and the table wine you get at any descent restaurant blows away the X*$100 bottles they sell to the deep pockets.
But hey... There's nothing wrong with spending if you got it. Just don't think it places you above others with refinement and sophistication.
I've had plenty of exposure and I drink what I like, not what a price tag tells me I should like.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool. I am humble, not perfect and learn best from my screw-ups. Thanks for calling that out. Dam, it is still great wine regardless of what anyone says. I screw up much more than most. And learn by sticking my head out of the shell and taking risks. I should have have seen before talking about that win, looking at the details; I was enthused for a moment. Italy has amazing stuff like primitivo. The complex curluy laves on vines have the most flavor in the grapes.

All my life I have been seeking a cabernet like the one I tasted in the early seventies on trip to the Napa valley. None of us were over 21, but things were more relaxed back then. That first taste of good wine has haunted my ever since.

Many places have good wine, including California from which my everyday go to's come from. If you picked up 24 bottles of something that you really enjoy for less than $10 each.. that's a nice score. Wine is to be enjoyed with friends and family. Not put on a pedestal and used as a measure of your status.
I went on a very nice and interesting tour on the outskirts of Adelaide Australia. I really enjoyed the wine... But I most appreciated my family and friends that I shared it with.
4509_1148513641330_1001089_n.jpg

4509_1148513721332_1605232_n.jpg

4509_1148513761333_910020_n.jpg

4509_1148514081341_5858400_n.jpg

4509_1148514361348_7509628_n.jpg
4509_1148514001339_7621139_n (2).jpg

Last edited:
I'm claiming crappiest ebike on the forums, you'll need a proper heap to challenge me.

Though she is undergoing a full rebuild... when you spin the cranks and they stop abrubtly in the same spot.

When you don't need a bell on the trails.

This is funny. Yesterday I mentioned that bikes are like wine, everyone has their tastes, and that it is fine if someone likes $6 bottles. Tastes develop and change with exposure. Last October I gave a friend a bottle that I really like. I had at that time taken another bottle to a friend with a wine shop along with another friend. They were both blown away. It started to really open up after 45 minutes of air. So, I told my friend to open it today over at his house. We let it breath for a half-hour. He was so blown away that he looked it up. One bottle just sold at auction for $1110. I am buying two cases tomorrow. It has been on its side in a cave for 12 years. My friend with the wine shop said that it has the legs to sit in a cave for another 5-years. It is the best I have tasted regardless of what others may say. We are going to sell it. Even if I got $500 per bottle I would be very happy. Was in the industry here in the wine country and developed my own tastes and preferences.

20 years ago I was staying at a friends house in Margaret River ( an Australian wine region) . I mentioned not liking wine and he decided to change my mind. He opened two bottles a night for a week from his amazing cellar, gave me a blind taste and asked what I thought. Each night he'd slump into despair at my ignorance.

On the last night of my stay I begrudgingly declared " that's not bad, where do I buy some ?" .

Apparently I like unobtainable gifts to special customers from 30 years earlier -why he had wasted it on me, I'll never know. BUT , he did use that knowledge to source me the last of an experimental batch of Zinfendal that had some weird fungal mistake that I'll never understand, from a winery that was ploughing the magic back into the ground. Heartbreaking stuff - absolute magic in a bottle . Less than $10 a bottle because apparently nobody wanted to buy it. And now all gone.

The moral of this story? Karen and Carl can whine as much as they like, but a koala bears arms ?

I have some Flitz. The tube says it's Polish, but the company HQ is in Wisconsin. I had a Wisconsin engine once. Now I wonder if it was Polish, too. ;)
"most hp hours" it was so much fun trying to start a 2cyl wisconsin with the handwheel, the secret on the old v4s was get rid of the mechanical fuel pump and put the gas were it wouldnt boil,nothing like the gutless snarl of an old flat head v4 gas wisconsin air cooled engine.

Guns are inanimate objects. They can't do anything without human intervention. I've been around guns my entire life, and have owned guns since my teens. None of my guns have ever "hurt" me. Quit lapping up what the lame stream media tells you. Guns don't take anything away.

Of course Amendments can be repealed. Extremely unlikely the 2nd Amendment will be repealed. The process is long, and difficult for a reason. I don't see it happening. 🥔 brain Anti-gunners don't see it happening.
i give you some of the remington 700 series if memory serves correct noted for self discharge( a few others too will not go into that) guns are dangerous and must be handled properly,just got rid of my sweet 44 mag "super blackhawk" that gun shot so well easy to dead center a milkjug at 25 yds open sights,the reason i finally sold it was because daughter kept hiding it( because of the toddler) usually it is the person with the machine that causes trouble.

Read the amendment. It never mentions guns. It says arms, and never mentions firearms.

My point wasn’t about the misinterpreted second amendment. It was about uncontrolled use of deadly weapons and your lame argument about inanimate objects.
is not near as deadly
“A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.”

Swing and a miss. Try again.
spoiler alert"well regulated- a muzzleloading musket is not nearly as deadly as a "streetsweeper" or an assault weapon like a "tommygun" of course with a permit it is possible to own a machine gun,dont know if they have succeeded in banning the 50 cals or not( for what good that would do)

Taking a pic in the rain meant a lot more in 2020 when I needed a picture to prove it ever rains at all, and also to show small children so they knew what the wet stuff was.

Last year and this year, things have been completely different. Plus I am on the coast now so we get squalls here that show up out of nowhere and hit like a bus. Check this pic out... I thought I could get a Costco run in between rain cells (got my meteorology skills on windy.com so I suck at it). Took this pic as I rounded a corner and ohhhh $hit thats coming straight at me. I need to go all the way around that point in the distance, run along the shoreline for a couple miles and come up to the top of the hill via the other side. You can see the ground and the sand is all wet... I got less than a mile before the rain reached me. By the time I got to that point and rounded the bend, which is outside the Bay and faces the Pacific, the rain was coming at me face first and almost sideways.

View attachment 171884

And here's my insurance picture at the Costco lockup about an hour before. By the time I came back that lid was full of water and I had to dump out the trashcan panniers. So ... rain on a bike that is prepped right is not a dealbreaker.

View attachment 171881
even thogh those are "scuddy" always watch the "alto cumulus clouds" it has taking to raining around here out of almost clear skies,i guess there are certain ptbs one shouldnt make angry.

20 years ago I was staying at a friends house in Margaret River ( an Australian wine region) . I mentioned not liking wine and he decided to change my mind. He opened two bottles a night for a week from his amazing cellar, gave me a blind taste and asked what I thought. Each night he'd slump into despair at my ignorance.

On the last night of my stay I begrudgingly declared " that's not bad, where do I buy some ?" .

Apparently I like unobtainable gifts to special customers from 30 years earlier -why he had wasted it on me, I'll never know. BUT , he did use that knowledge to source me the last of an experimental batch of Zinfendal that had some weird fungal mistake that I'll never understand, from a winery that was ploughing the magic back into the ground. Heartbreaking stuff - absolute magic in a bottle . Less than $10 a bottle because apparently nobody wanted to buy it. And now all gone.

The moral of this story? Karen and Carl can whine as much as they like, but a koala bears arms ?
I'd say it wasn't wasted on you as you enjoyed it and he enjoyed sharing it with you. For me.. THE purpose of wine. And yet more evidence that $$ doesn't equal the best wine.
I'm convinced that people can be convinced of anything. Some may call it being educated... But that's not necessarily true in all cases. Want proof... Look at what total piece of s*it of a human being might be president again.

THE purpose of wine. And yet more evidence that $$ doesn't equal the best wine.
The glass it is served in makes a difference also. We conducted a blind cab tasting recently. Used appropriate Riedel glass and generic smaller wine glass for one test. Every person preferred the Riedel pour; the pours were out of the same bottle. The proper glass accentuates wine goodness and badness.

The glass it is served in makes a difference also. We conducted a blind cab tasting recently. Used appropriate Riedel glass and generic smaller wine glass for one test. Every person preferred the Riedel pour; the pours were out of the same bottle. The proper glass accentuates wine goodness and badness.
Much of what you taste is influenced by what you smell... So that makes sense.
But that type of test is somewhat tainted as all knew beforehand that the wine should taste better from the Riedel. Blind or not you know which glass you are holding.

A news program many years ago did a not so blind test with the same wine first served from its $15/bottle and then from a bottle of a much more expensive wine. Everyone preferred it when it was served from the expensive bottle.

Note to self.... No more sippy_cup. 🙃

Both of the last two comments make you wonder if it's more just a psychological effect of style of prestige of containers and presentation that it is actually any difference of the wine and therefore you put it in a fancy bottle or a fancy cup at a restaurant you can charge more because they think it's better. Ergo perception is 99% of reality

can you get md 2020 or maltduck these days? aside from little millers 3 steps on the road to "john barley corn"

When I was a teen, everybody had a Schwinn, which was why nobody rode. Ten-speeds became big sellers, but most ended up like the Schwinns. Besides my cheap Abound, the only derailleur bikes I've seen in town are a pair of ebikes that are occasionally trailered to a park in another town. A lot of Americans buy ebikes for that purpose. Will it turn out to be a fad?

In the Netherlands, only a third of trips are made by automobile, so nearly everybody rides a bike. Expatinfoholland lists 12 kinds of bikes used in the Netherlands, with photos. The only one with a derailleur is what the Dutch call a racer. Do you dismiss the majority of Dutch bicyclists as crackpots? Ebikes are popular, but a bike that can be powered over 15 mph can't use bike lanes and requires a license and registration. Where everybody rides and many have ebikes, they've "ruined it for everybody."
Because of the terrain, it seems that there is little need for a wide range of gears or electric assistance in the Netherlands.

Back