To the "Karens", and the "Carls" out there😂 Those riding dirty too.

Acme. Wiley coyote will get his due. Beep, meep.

Last edited:
Should you be out riding its almost noon time.
I don't know wtf is in progress. Pakalolo, reef, volcano are all protected. We have plenty resources.
Narrow minded I had to web search the meaning.
I will add it to my dictionary.
Narrow minded = Stefan from Poland..
I have the internet, too.

"how's your derailure" 🙃
Since its the internet this is required by the rules ...
Spelling and Grammar Nazis.jpg

And so long as I have a theme going, re: the value of this thread

whocares02.jpg

Since its the internet this is required by the rules ...
View attachment 172042

And so long as I have a theme going, re: the value of this thread

View attachment 172043
Corrected.
Typing without reading glasses.... I end up inputting haphazardly.. which ends up being saved in autocorrect.. which in turn ends up being the default suggestion.. which in turn my lazy ass goes for first 🙃

I once made a classic Dutch Omafiets electric. It was an extra-tall frame and a fun bike. A guy 6'6" could ride it. It had all the classic features such as internal gears and brakes, and the rear wheel lock. I then put a little dog named Toto in the basket.

1709406579162.jpeg

Attachments

• Toto01.JPG
    Toto01.JPG
    536.2 KB · Views: 26
I wonder why the Americans have never simplified the spelling to "derailer" :) I know Sheldon Brown really tried...

I am taking a not taking a brake but a brief break to check on the mangled wreck of this fun thread.

@Rome, on Jun 3, 2023, 280 people died in that train wreck in India. It took weeks to clear and 1/3rd of the bodies were never claimed. I am not about to post a video of it and would rather talk about bikes.

I did show a photo of Snoop Dogg on a bottle of wine. That wine was originally from Australia. It featured mug shots of people expelled from England to the prison colonies in Australia. There were 19 crimes where that was the sentence. One was impersonating a Muslim to do things on Sundays such as buying and selling, or cross-dressing.

I have two Shimano GRX gravel bikes today. What is weird about them is the smallest cog on the cassettes have 10 teeth not the typical 11. It is because the smallest three cogs thread into the forth smallest. I typically do not like non-standard options for maintaining things. Now parts for the ten-speed GRX setups are very hard to find so people are in a jam after buying into the latest and greatest.

Is it me? Or is the world nuts? In Oklahoma any adult can pack concealed semi-auto heat in public, but brass knuckles are a crime to have because they are a 'deadly weapon'. Anyone heard of a drive-by with brass knuckles? Or a mass killings at at rate of twice per day with brass knuckles? Brass knuckles are a bare arms, at arm's length armament.

Last edited:
I wonder why the Americans have never simplified the spelling to "derailer" :) I know Sheldon Brown really tried...
We adopt words from other languages. The Germans do it perhaps more than others and this was well-illustrated a few years ago.

We adopt words from other languages.
Any country does :) Bear in mind English is a language exclusively created from the tongues of all invaders to southern Britain (while Welsh is the native language of Cymru).

Take the English word "manoeuvre" (it is as hard I cannot memorize it!) and compare it to the American "maneuver" (so simple!) One might think the French word "derailleur" would be simplified to "derailer" for sheer simplicity. It has not happened, perhaps out of some snobism? :)

1709433843235.png

As I said, Sheldon Brown was the advocate of the simpler word but he failed.

Back