To the "Karens", and the "Carls" out there😂 Those riding dirty too.

PsychoBilly

Region
USA
"Karens", and " Carls":

Any E-Bike from a good manufacturer isn't gonna spontaneously go up in flames as long as the owner isn't a 💩 for brains. A decent E-Bike is gonna cost around $1,000. There's things you can't cheap out on, and E-Bikes are one of them. Stay away from the $500 Amazon Specials. Nothing electrical is waterproof. Water resistant yes, but not waterproof. Don't modify the electrical components of your bike. E-Bikes are still ordinary bicycles at heart. The construction of E-Bikes aren't strong enough to safely handle motorcycle speeds. Buy an actual motorcycle if you wanna go faster than 28mph. Don't ride your bike in extreme weather conditions.

Those riding dirty:

Stop it. All you're gonna do is ruin it for everyone. Politicians, and LE are becoming more aware of E-Bikes the more common place they're becoming. LE is starting to learn the laws regarding E-Bikes. Politicians will eventually get wind of you doing stupid 💩 on your E-Bike, and here comes more laws, and restrictions. Believe it or not, there's no right to any form of transportation on public land outside of your own two feet.

Saw a dude doing a wheelie, uphill, for about 200 feet. He was going about 20mph. On his emoto. I’m pretty sure his name was Carl.

Decent bikes can be had for well under $2000 USD. My Ride1Up 700 Series has been awesome! You just need to be smart about which bike you get and be willing to do your own work, because the warranty is most likely lip service.

Last edited:
Saw a dude doing a wheelie, uphill, for about 200 feet. He was going about 20mph. On his emoto. I’m pretty sure his name was Carl.

Decent bikes can be had for well under $2000 USD. My Ride1Up 700 Series has been awesome! You just need to be smart about which bike you get and be willing to do your own work, because the warranty is most likely lip service.
Tis is true about warranties. I've worked in the gun industry. Several manufacturers have lifetime warranties. Lifetime warranties look good on paper but don't mean s*it if the manufacturer doesn't stand by their products. There's quite a few gun manufacturers with such warranty but don't honor it at all.

Ain't nobody gonna spend that much on a glorified bicycle in the States unless they have more money than they know what to do with. I'd much rather take that $3,500 to the nearest Honda dealer, and walk out with a XL-150L.
You would probably buy a car for that but what's the point?
You need a decent e-bike. US$1000 buys you a Chinese cr*p.

Tis is true about warranties. I've worked in the gun industry. Several manufacturers have lifetime warranties. Lifetime warranties look good on paper but don't mean s*it if the manufacturer doesn't stand by their products. There's quite a few gun manufacturers with such warranty but don't honor it at all.

You would probably buy a car for that but what's the point?
You need a decent e-bike. US$1000 buys you a Chinese cr*p.
The point is I'm not paying $3,500 for a bicycle. The value isn't there for me. Rambo E-Bikes reach $8,300. The value isn't there for me when there's far too many actual motorcycles that can be had new for that price. I'm sure Rambo E-Bikes handle the roughest trails with ease, but I'm not into biking on trails. I guarantee they have Chinese made parts on them.

The vast majority of E-Bikes have parts made in, wait for it........

CHINA😂

I'm happy with my $1,600 E-Bike. Suits the streets, and sidewalks in Lagrange perfectly.

Ain't nobody gonna spend that much on a glorified bicycle in the States unless they have more money than they know what to do with. I'd much rather take that $3,500 to the nearest Honda dealer, and walk out with a XL-150L.

Pitty , because you'd find a decent ebike a LOT more capable than an XL 150 !

Those riding dirty:

Stop it. All you're gonna do is ruin it for everyone. Politicians, and LE are becoming more aware of E-Bikes the more common place they're becoming. LE is starting to learn the laws regarding E-Bikes. Politicians will eventually get wind of you doing stupid 💩 on your E-Bike, and here comes more laws, and restrictions. Believe it or not, there's no right to any form of transportation on public land outside of your own two feet.

These might be the laws in your little corner , but there is a whole wide world of opportunity out there - including mystical places where the government BUILDS emtb trails on public land. AND other places where you're not allowed to walk.

. The construction of E-Bikes aren't strong enough to safely handle motorcycle speeds. Buy an actual motorcycle if you wanna go faster than 28mph. Don't ride your bike in extreme weather conditions.

Now I understand, because I DO have a motorbike I can leave it parked in the shed if I want to go ride extreme on my emtb?

Is this some sort of osmotic thing? Park the emtb next to a KTM and there is performance enhancement by association ?

Pitty , because you'd find a decent ebike a LOT more capable than an XL 150 !

These might be the laws in your little corner , but there is a whole wide world of opportunity out there - including mystical places where the government BUILDS emtb trails on public land. AND other places where you're not allowed to walk.

Now I understand, because I DO have a motorbike I can leave it parked in the shed if I want to go ride extreme on my emtb?

Is this some sort of osmotic thing? Park the emtb next to a KTM and there is performance enhancement by association ?
There's very little in the way of new quality motorcycles you can purchase for $3,500. The XL-150L is a Dual Sport. Outside of a Kymco K-Pipe there's really nothing else out there motorcycle wise for that price new.

Price to value ratio.

We're not here because we can't afford motorcycles. The bicycle is a beautiful invention.
And I suppose if I was a hardcore mountain bike person who loved hitting the trails hard I could justify dropping the bucks on a several thousand dollar bicycle. I love hiking trails but riding on them isn't my thing.

The point is I'm not paying $3,500 for a bicycle. The value isn't there for me.
That's why you are riding an overpriced US$1,600 Chinese cr*p 🤣

Rambo E-Bikes reach $8,300.
These are not e-bikes I'm talking about either. I'm talking good all around ebikes that are decently built, generously equipped, safe, with a good warranty and care of a professional LBS. Ones that require pedalling and that would not burn your home down.

I'm afraid Billy your real name is Carl only you are unaware of that 😁

You have come to a community of cyclists who have ridden both inexpensive and costly e-bikes for years and now you are trying to preach.

Wrong.

That's why you are riding an overpriced US$1,600 Chinese cr*p 🤣

These are not e-bikes I'm talking about either. I'm talking good all around ebikes that are decently built, generously equipped, safe, with a good warranty and care of a professional LBS. Ones that require pedalling and that would not burn your home down.

I'm afraid Billy your real name is Carl only you are unaware of that 😁

You have come to a community of cyclists who have ridden both inexpensive and costly e-bikes for years and now you are trying to preach.

Wrong.
Bicycles are in town transportation for me. I have access to things that excite me far more than bikes of any kind that I'd rather spend money. Chainsaws being one of them. I can also get an Arsenal AK, and 1,000rds of ammo for under $3,000. Ditto for a Benelli M4 shotgun.

Any hub-drive is crap. All high-end bikes are made in China. They may say Designed in Mountain View, but where they made is different. China. With most components from Indonesia.

"Karens", and " Carls":

A decent E-Bike is gonna cost around $1,000. There's things you can't cheap out on, and E-Bikes are one of them.
Wait a minute. My Radmission is my favorite. I paid $500 new. Of course I spent another $700 to make roadworthy. Stock, it was so unstable that I wore an old helmet.
Nothing electrical is waterproof. Water resistant yes, but not waterproof.
You're not using enough RTV.

Don't modify the electrical components of your bike.

Without modified electrical components, two of mine couldn't even make it up a driveway.
Don't ride your bike in extreme weather conditions.

Extensions on front fenders let me ride in extreme conditions without getting my feet wet. You buy sheets of 1mm polyproplyene and shape extensions with a heat gun
Believe it or not, there's no right to any form of transportation on public land outside of your own two feet.
You sound like a Karen. A sidewalk is a public right of way, and pedestrians have no right to impede an ebike. As a gentleman, I'm loath to shout, "Get out of my way!" I'm disappointed that no $3500 ebike comes with a clarabell horn. I had to send away to India.

Last edited:
Specialized manufactures almost completely in China and Taiwan.

Same for Trek.

Merida is the world's 2nd largest bike brand..yup, never heard of it.
ItsTaiwanese.

Giant is Taiwanese.

Cannondale manufactures in Taiwan, but assembles in the States.

Canyon frames are made in Taiwan

TBH, a list of bike brands that don't use Taiwan would be a hundred times shorter.

Specialized manufactures almost completely in China and Taiwan.

Same for Trek.

Merida is the world's 2nd largest bike brand..yup, never heard of it.
ItsTaiwanese.

Giant is Taiwanese.

Cannondale manufactures in Taiwan, but assembles in the States.

Canyon frames are made in Taiwan

TBH, a list of bike brands that don't use Taiwan would be a hundred times shorter.
Taiwan (Republic of China) is not the People's Republic of China (PRC or China for short). Taiwan ROC is the World Home of Bikes. Your post is like mentioning the pre-1990 West Germany (BRD) when somebody mentioned East Germany (DDR). Or saying Mercedes Benz when the other person said Trabant 😁

Big brands that make quality products have huge R&D. That makes them very different to the mass produced PRC junk. For instance, Specialized e-bike R&D and Engineering (Turbo Division) is Swiss.

Funny that you mentioned Merida. Products of Merida are well known for their quality in the UE. The Taiwanese Merida owns Specialized in 49%. The deal of Merida with Specialized makes Merida products absent from North America. On the other hand, it is almost impossible to buy Yamaha (Japanese) e-bikes in the EU because of the brand's deal with Giant, the largest e-bike motor customer of Yamaha.

You should take a trip to Germany once in a while CR to see what you can and what you cannot buy in the biggest e-bike world market outside the PRC.

Back