To the "Karens", and the "Carls" out there😂 Those riding dirty too.

Kph is an accepted way of saying km/h here. We all do that.
I do understand. Now, how would you shorten "metre per second"? :)

Our gallon was 4.54 liters, not 3.78 liters.
Now let us talk a pint of beer! The British pint is far bigger than the U.S. one! :) Good that you Canadians went metric and I don't mind "kph". We all understand each other!

it is Sad
USA will change it laws about throttle E.Bike when more kids get ingerd or cause accident with pedestrian or cars, witch is to bad,
right now the kids are getting away with it because of lazy parents that just want give the kids an E. Motorcycle and say it's bike with providing the kids with no education about riding or rules of the road. I see it every day where I leave. It's scary what I see no helmets wheeling between cars and traffic not stopping at stop signs, not all kids I do see the good ones too that use the crosswalk and obey the rules.

Last edited:
I just got this MTB from GT. It was made in Taiwan . It will be a crazy ride with a Ba FAnd 620 mid-drive motor on it

Depends. Hub drive motors are perfectly fine for urban riding. That's not to say mid drive motors won't work for urban riding. Mid drive motors are equally suited for this purpose. Mid drive motors have roughly twice the torque of hub drive motors, and shine when it comes to hills.
The torque can be the same but mid drive torque can be multiplied at the wheel because of one's ability to do it through changing gears. There is only one gear from motor to wheel on a hub drive.

harken davidson built

Attachments

• IMG_3038.jpeg
    IMG_3038.jpeg
    409.1 KB · Views: 57
unfortunately I gave this bike to a friend, someone cut the cable lock outside of his work and stole it from him. I always keep me bikes within sight or inside, many stores I walk in with them, I usually ask , they usually let me . sometimes not.

Bicycles are in town transportation for me. I have access to things that excite me far more than bikes of any kind that I'd rather spend money. Chainsaws being one of them. I can also get an Arsenal AK, and 1,000rds of ammo for under $3,000. Ditto for a Benelli M4 shotgun.
What the hecks your rant dude. If you don`t want to spend the money on something don`t. If you want to spend it.

That`s called freedom of choice.

Yes, and their sole purpose is to kill. Hand grenades are also inanimate objects. If you put them in the zoo with monkeys or primates who have no malintent they will still go off, just do to their presence. Guns kill due to their mere presence. There is also a psychological factor. Gun ownership makes people paranoid. And then they act like Gollum with the ring from Lord of the Rings. 2032 saw 656 mass shootings, almost two per day. That does not add to the security of a free State: the reason for the amendment. It makes us all less secure. Grade schools now look like minimum security prisons. It is nuts.
Are you a time traveler? It is only 2024

This is the style bike that is ruining it for us ebikers that just want a little pedal assist and some good outdoor fun. Last time I was in Santa Barbara, that's all I saw, 12-30 year olds going 25 and never pedaling...
And they're also not driving cars. This style of bike is not for me but I recognize that for youth in this era, these forms of transportation (not mere recreation) are vastly more friendly to society across a wide spectrum. Each is one less car. More of them should be encouraged. When I and my peers were 16 we were driving Camaros and Mustangs easily capable of 120 mph. A 25 mph ebike isn't quite the same big deal when put in then-vs.-now perspective

And they're also not driving cars. This style of bike is not for me but I recognize that for youth in this era, these forms of transportation (not mere recreation) are vastly more friendly to society across a wide spectrum. Each is one less car. More of them should be encouraged. When I and my peers were 16 we were driving Camaros and Mustangs easily capable of 120 mph. A 25 mph ebike isn't quite the same big deal when put in then-vs.-now perspective
I agree, this style "bike" does indeed reduce the number of cars on the road. It comes at the expense of those who ride MUPs & trails though. These bikes are showing up, albeit illegally on many trails I ride, causing complaints which result in more anti e-bike regulations.

Enforcement is the answer, but that is more easily accomplished on roads than it is on trails.

Tis is true about warranties. I've worked in the gun industry. Several manufacturers have lifetime warranties. Lifetime warranties look good on paper but don't mean s*it if the manufacturer doesn't stand by their products. There's quite a few gun manufacturers with such warranty but don't honor it at all.
I would think gun owners are the last people you want to piss off.

Not to judge cheep or expensive, any thoughts on the Denago 2 fat tire? Please don't reply if you don't have one,or got rid of one,I would would like to know why?

[when i was a little boy and the devil called my name] archie andrews promoted bendix two speed hubs in comic books.
Back then, the fatality rate for boys on bicycles was horrendous. Unlike Schwinn, Raleigh compiled safety statistics on their chopper-style bikes and found them far more dangerous than their traditional bikes. Much of the problem was instability, and the shift lever on the top tube could cause serious injuries.

I see they make 5 and 8-speed hubs with coaster brakes. Having those mechanisms enclosed is appealing in terms of maintenance, and you wouldn't get mixed up between front and rear brakes. With a good front brake, I guess a coaster brake would be adequate in back. My hub motors rule it out, AFAIK.

Last edited:
I am referring to geared electric hubs, its quite the contraption, the motor spins in reverse to change the gear ratio

Back