To the "Karens", and the "Carls" out there😂 Those riding dirty too.

It's deraille if you're French. 😂
I'm Polish. We name the derailleur a "przerzutka" in Polish. Literally: A flipper :)

1709512736275.png

I'm Polish. We name the derailleur a "przerzutka" in Polish. Literally: A flipper :)

View attachment 172120
Flipper. I like it. I think that most Americans call it a thingamabob, doohickey or the bent thingy.

thingamabob
noun
INFORMAL
  1. used to refer to or address a person or thing whose name one has forgotten, does not know, or does not wish to mention.

Last edited:
It's deraille if you're French. 😂

Actually, Canada has French as a second language.
In the late 70's we switched to the metric system and we spelt "litre" because of the French Canadian influence.
It's pretty much spelt as liter now except maybe in Quebec?
We had to take French in grades 7&8.
I hated it, but I can still count to 10 in French.

Actually, Canada has French as a second language.
In the late 70's we switched to the metric system and we spelt "litre" because of the French Canadian influence.
It's pretty much spelt as liter now except maybe in Quebec?
We had to take French in grades 7&8.
I hated it, but I can still count to 10 in French.

"Litre" is the British English spelling. Same as "metre" :)
I wonder how many people make the mistake of writing kph instead of km/h. "k" means "kilo" (one thousand), not a kilometre ;)

"Litre" is the British English spelling. Same as "metre" :)

I thought it was a French thing.
I don't remember "metre" in school, but we were British math before metric.
Our gallon was 4.54 liters, not 3.78 liters.

I wonder how many people make the mistake of writing kph instead of km/h. "k" means "kilo" (one thousand), not a kilometre ;)

Kph is an accepted way of saying km/h here. We all do that.

Kph is an accepted way of saying km/h here. We all do that.
I do understand. Now, how would you shorten "metre per second"? :)

Our gallon was 4.54 liters, not 3.78 liters.
Now let us talk a pint of beer! The British pint is far bigger than the U.S. one! :) Good that you Canadians went metric and I don't mind "kph". We all understand each other!

it is Sad
USA will change it laws about throttle E.Bike when more kids get ingerd or cause accident with pedestrian or cars, witch is to bad,
right now the kids are getting away with it because of lazy parents that just want give the kids an E. Motorcycle and say it's bike with providing the kids with no education about riding or rules of the road. I see it every day where I leave. It's scary what I see no helmets wheeling between cars and traffic not stopping at stop signs, not all kids I do see the good ones too that use the crosswalk and obey the rules.

Last edited:
Back