To the "Karens", and the "Carls" out there😂 Those riding dirty too.

Wait a minute. My Radmission is my favorite. I paid $500 new. Of course I spent another $700 to make roadworthy. Stock, it was so unstable that I wore an old helmet.

You're not using enough RTV.

Without modified electrical components, two of mine couldn't even make it up a driveway.

Extensions on front fenders let me ride in extreme conditions without getting my feet wet. You buy sheets of 1mm polyproplyene and shape extensions with a heat gun

You sound like a Karen. A sidewalk is a public right of way, and pedestrians have no right to impede an ebike. As a gentleman, I'm loath to shout, "Get out of my way!" I'm disappointed that no $3500 ebike comes with a clarabell horn. I had to send away to India.
I'm not talking about keeping your feet dry. People are completely fine soaking wet as long as it's not cold out. I'm talking about the electrical components of your bike. They're not waterproof no matter what the manufacturer says. Getting caught in a light sprinkle on your way home from somewhere won't harm the those components. Being out in the rain all day will.

That couldn't be farther from the truth. I have a 🐓, and 🏀s. I can pm pics if you like😁 I'd be a Carl if anything.

Bicycles of any kind are typically illegal to ride on sidewalks in the States. LE generally doesn't care so long as you're not being a Rumphole riding on the sidewalks. Pedestrians absolutely have legal right away on sidewalks in the States.

My ANZA 750S doesn't have a horn. It does have an integrated tail/brake light, and I will happily take that over a horn any day of the week. All manufacturers need to get on board with that. Mirrors too.

Taiwan (Republic of China) is not the People's Republic of China (PRC or China for short). Taiwan ROC is the World Home of Bikes. Your post is like mentioning the pre-1990 West Germany (BRD) when somebody mentioned East Germany (DDR). Or saying Mercedes Benz when the other person said Trabant 😁

Big brands that make quality products have huge R&D. That makes them very different to the mass produced PRC junk. For instance, Specialized e-bike R&D and Engineering (Turbo Division) is Swiss.

Funny that you mentioned Merida. Products of Merida are well known for their quality in the UE. The Taiwanese Merida owns Specialized in 49%. The deal of Merida with Specialized makes Merida products absent from North America. On the other hand, it is almost impossible to buy Yamaha (Japanese) e-bikes in the EU because of the brand's deal with Giant, the largest e-bike motor customer of Yamaha.

You should take a trip to Germany once in a while CR to see what you can and what you cannot buy in the biggest e-bike world market outside the PRC.
Still Chinese crap parts, Bro, because everything coming out of China is crap according to you.

Taiwan (Republic of China) is not the People's Republic of China (PRC or China for short). Taiwan ROC is the World Home of Bikes. Your post is like mentioning the pre-1990 West Germany (BRD) when somebody mentioned East Germany (DDR). Or saying Mercedes Benz when the other person said Trabant 😁

Big brands that make quality products have huge R&D. That makes them very different to the mass produced PRC junk. For instance, Specialized e-bike R&D and Engineering (Turbo Division) is Swiss.

Funny that you mentioned Merida. Products of Merida are well known for their quality in the UE. The Taiwanese Merida owns Specialized in 49%. The deal of Merida with Specialized makes Merida products absent from North America. On the other hand, it is almost impossible to buy Yamaha (Japanese) e-bikes in the EU because of the brand's deal with Giant, the largest e-bike motor customer of Yamaha.

You should take a trip to Germany once in a while CR to see what you can and what you cannot buy in the biggest e-bike world market outside the PRC.
Yes, we've pretty well signed up to protect Taiwan, so Im thinking is it all about bikes 😋

Just watched a vid of a Surron being pulled out of a lake after a failed jump.

Still switched on and rode perfectly, which is freakin amazing and also completely undoable on an ice bike

There is a place that is Happy Ending Foot Massage. I am not quite sure how that works. Maybe it is just lip service. Or, could be a Pulp Fiction reference. I picked up a bunch of acoustic bikes today. Some are like this. https://www.feltbicycles.com/en-us/...es/broam-adventure/broam-30.color.C88D35.html. Some people are totally happy with a $6 bottle of wine and there is nothing wrong with that. Good for them. Some know and appreciate the difference of things such as Shimano GRX, HQ hubs, and a carbon fork. I kind of wonder if she enjoyed the Happy Ending multiple times maybe with a little spritz of that grapefruit soda. She has a happy glow.

View attachment 171713View attachment 171714
View attachment 171716
wife hates me now because of a couple of happy endings,( didnt know it was such a big deal)

Still Chinese crap parts, Bro, because everything coming out of China is crap according to you.
I would not think Shimano or SRAM were Chinese companies :D

Mass produced e-bike of PRC are cr*p. Electronics or batteries? Not necessarily. It all depends on the quality control. Big world brands have a very good quality control and certifications. Your $1,600 e-bike has none.

Any hub-drive is crap. All high-end bikes are made in China. They may say Designed in Mountain View, but where they made is different. China. With most components from Indonesia.
There is a whole universe of cottage industry bicycle makers that aren't made in China. In total they don't make very many bicycles but they do exist, and they certainly are "high-end bikes". Examples:

There are also a lot of small component makers who make very nice parts that aren't in China or Indonesia. Again examples:

Those are ones that are pretty well-known in the Western US (although Co-Motion has been around for a while and is somewhat better known). There are also an insane number of those same cottage industry manufacturers in Europe as well but I know little about them.

Some of them will do custom e-bike builds as well.

Based on Bafang, I presume :)
Not quite:

I'm proud to own Taiwanese made e-bikes.
Especially as the motors in both are German, and neither is Bosch :)
Yes, Bosch are manufactured on Taiwan, but the Brose is built in Berlin I think.
I will have to say German engineering.
Why make it simple when 12 custom brackets, six bespoke connectors and regular maintenance parts with three types of screw and buried behind a two hour removal part, will do.

I used to install and repair boilers.
Worcester Bosch are beyond belief.
Early vailants had tech that belonged in a nuclear submarine.
All made in Turkey now.

Yes, Bosch are manufactured on Taiwan, but the Brose is built in Berlin I think.
I will have to say German engineering.
Why make it simple when 12 custom brackets, six bespoke connectors and regular maintenance parts with three types of screw and buried behind a two hour removal part, will do.

I used to install and repair boilers.
Worcester Bosch are beyond belief.
Early vailants had tech that belonged in a nuclear submarine.
All made in Turkey now.
I concur.... I had some dealings with a Bosch dishwasher. What an over priced, over designed p o s. The only dependable feature was that it broke down every 6 months without fail.

Anybody own anything Made in Poland
I own a handmade in Poland bike. It is a Crème. The only place that sells them in North America has one location in Montreal and another in Vancouver. They want $900 C for a basic three speed with a coaster brake. I made mine electric. Actually this is my second one. It now has gravel tires and it is a blast to take off road.
1708897968501.jpeg

Attachments

• CremeUno3e - Copy (2).JPG
    CremeUno3e - Copy (2).JPG
    778.7 KB · Views: 46
  • CremeUno3f.JPG
    CremeUno3f.JPG
    296.8 KB · Views: 43
  • CremeUno3g.JPG
    CremeUno3g.JPG
    347.3 KB · Views: 45
  • CremeUno3h.JPG
    CremeUno3h.JPG
    350.9 KB · Views: 44
  • CremeUno3i.JPG
    CremeUno3i.JPG
    272.9 KB · Views: 45
  • CremeUno3j.JPG
    CremeUno3j.JPG
    339.8 KB · Views: 46
  • CremeUno3k.JPG
    CremeUno3k.JPG
    231.1 KB · Views: 46
  • CremeUno3l.JPG
    CremeUno3l.JPG
    56.5 KB · Views: 47
  • CremeUno3r.JPG
    CremeUno3r.JPG
    55 KB · Views: 44
I own a handmade in Poland bike. It is a Crème. The only place that sells them in North America has one location in Montreal and another in Vancouver. They want $900 C for a basic three speed with a coaster brake. I made mine electric. Actually this is my second one. It now has gravel tires and it is a blast to take off road.
View attachment 171783
My elderly aunt has a similar bike.
She loves riding it during the Mary Poppins festival. 🙃
Mary-Poppins-Festival-2021-Cover.jpg

Did you notice it says made in Europe?
I guess advertising "made in Poland" is like advertising what I made with the kielbasa.

I guess advertising "made in Poland" is like advertising what I made with the kielbasa.
It might feel insulting to you as an American but the world renowned bike drivetrain manufacturer Garbaruk is an Ukrainian company producing in Poland. You pay US$250 or more for the Garbaruk cassette which is far more superior than Shimano or SRAM are. Besides... where does the American company SRAM make their drivetrains? In China, perhaps? :)

What is worrying me is Bafang is manufactured in Wrocław Poland for the EU market.

Last edited:
"Karens", and " Carls":

A decent E-Bike is gonna cost around $1,000.
Dude, I hate to break it to you but there are brakes out there that are over $1000 for a pair. I have to admit they look cool, but I don't know if the look cool enough to be worth that price:

Makes these beauties seem almost affordable (probably the very best mechanical disk brakes you can buy):

Back