They are trying to sell to Europe...

Status
Not open for further replies.
More: I indirectly work for two American and one British software houses. Been to the United States thrice, and to Canada once. How could I be a nationalist?

Europe is just different from North America. Distances here are far shorter. Cyclists are divided into roadies, MTB-ers, gravel cyclists, touring cyclists, commuters, and recreation riders. There is a good understanding what cycling actually means here. It is certainly not putting kilowatts into a kid's e-bike, resembling a small motorbike. We're not cowboys. We're cyclists.

There is a Polish brand by name Kross. They are a successful European bicycle maker endorsed by world's MTB champion Maja Włoszczowska. Recently (especially confronted with the worldwide crisis), Kross have found out making traditional bikes was not their future, and they strongly went into the e-bike world.

Here is what a European e-bike manufacturer thinks what sells in the EU. No space for folder fat e-bikes:

This US EU BS gets old. So many here seem to support the idea that somehow bring a US citizen occupies the moral high ground. YAWN.

such a strange topic to take a nationalistic stand on.
Mr Mikes has an intolerance to diversity and claims to be an 'elite' and a punk at the same time o_O this is proven many times over especially with personal choices for ones own needs, he believes that he knows better. Strange stance to take as it took him a series of expensive mistakes to buy the 'right' bike for his personal needs.
Curious about the ice thing though. Is it easier on a high pressure skinny tire?
:cool:
dillinger5-1-lg.jpg

0f6d012021a0ad013b47f745db6a3c14.jpg

For one, I'm so glad I ignored so many riders of the Chinese manure long time ago.
"It does not matter how long a Rad will be standing next to a Euro e-bike; it won't sell anyway".

For one, I'm so glad I ignored so many riders of the Chinese manure long time ago.
"It does not matter how long a Rad will be standing next to a Euro e-bike; it won't sell anyway".

Here comes another U.S. newbie:
Preferred featuers:
- Foldable (open to non folding)
Why always a folder, in the first place?
- less than 50 lbs. 60 max
Whoa :D
- Front suspension, rear / seat also if possible
Suspension doesn't come free.
- 500 or 750 Watt motor and good battery
How comes whole Europe rides 250 W (nominal) e-bikes?
- class 2 / 3 switchable, up to 20-28mph, w throttle
It is interesting so many people think they can have a lorry one day and a sports car on another, just by pushing a button.
Throttle?!
- puncture resistant tires (dont have to be 4 inch fatties)
Good that at least monster tyres are not required.
- regenerative charging features
Oh yes. And a perpetuum mobile as a bonus feature.
- minimalist stealthy ebike design
A folder of a minimalist stealthy e-bike design?
- easily serviceable / replaceable parts
Good luck.

Last edited:
American? Is that aCanadian? A Mexican? A US citizen? South? North?

I find it funny that EU folks understand that American is defined as a native or inhabitant of North America or South America. But US citizens are largely clueless.

One world fellas.
I think philosophically, you might be on dodgy ground :p . Your premise rests on the idea that Amerigo Vespucci's paradigm of 'discovering' the Americas has primacy. Would the Inuit have Vespucci as part of their living history? Were Brazilians lost and needed to be found? Was the 'New World' new?

Empire is a tricky one; Every time i ride my bike i use a road more than 2000 years old, built by Britons subjugated by the Roman Empire, the village i live in is over a thousand years old. The 'Americas' were 'discovered' when?

Am I missing something? Rad had EU specific versions since the 2019 models, and are sold in 28 European countries. Why is this a thing now?

Am I missing something? Rad had EU specific versions since the 2019 models, and are sold in 28 European countries. Why is this a thing now?
Because Stefan's Facebook feed is from 2019 apparently.

The Facebook ad was recent (of yesterday), although it was a copy of their U.S. material of June 27, 2021. Rad Power Bikes were loud about how they sell their "award winning e-bikes" to the EU (from the UK, which is very funny post-Brexit). As the ad accumulated solely negative comments of Europeans, the ad was removed by Rad Power Bikes.

1626163050262.png

Well, Rad may sell in the UK: The country is so different from the continental Europe...

Last edited:
Nothing wrong with more choices. I'm not interested in a fat bike at all, but we can't deny how successful Rad is and how happy many riders are with the bikes.

When fat bikes hit the market, I tried one and I thought it was like riding a pig in slop. I haven't ridden a fat ebike. Actually I've never ridden a pig in slop eitheršŸ˜ Now fat bikes have mostly faded away, but assisted fat bikes have thrived around the world. I think if Rad really puts everything behind the effort to sell to Europeans, they have a good chance of succeeding. I don't understand the attraction, but a lot of people like them. The EU market will decide. Choice is not a bad thing.

Ever left your backyard?

In the U.S. of A. for sure. I said they stand no chance in the European Union. (Only an idiot would try to enter the EU from the UK post-Brexit).
Since you're quoting a partial statement, I'll quote another part of my statementšŸ˜
The EU market will decide. Choice is not a bad thing.
Options are a good thing. This might be the option that some want; one that might get some people out of their cars. It might be the affordable option some need. People are people, regardless of state, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I doubt most Europeans think one size fits all. As I made clear, I don't understand it, but many do. Viva la difference.

Since you're quoting a partial statement, I'll quote another part of my statementšŸ˜
I never quote the parts I agree to, J.R. I only quote the parts I disagree with :)
Your part of riding a pig in slop was indeed funny!

We actually don't like to see small motorbikes in our forests, even if these are advertised as 250 W.

1626201793369.png

How odd Americans choose stamped Chinese e-bikes but not American ones (at least, nominally American; this e-bike bears a proud note: "California design. Swiss engineered"; and another sticker: "Handmade in Taiwan"). Because Europe believes e-bike is just a bike, we are allowed riding e-bikes in national parks, like this one.
P.S. It is an overgrown sand dune in the Kampinos National Park, MZ, Poland. Photo of today. No need for folder fat-bike or kilowatt power. 240 W max and 38 mm tyres do.

Last edited:
We actually don't like to see small motorbikes in our forests, even if these are advertised as 250 W.

View attachment 93168
How odd Americans choose stamped Chinese e-bikes but not American ones (at least, nominally American; this e-bike bears a proud note: "California design. Swiss engineered"; and another sticker: "Handmade in Taiwan"). Because Europe believes e-bike is just a bike, we are allowed riding e-bikes in national parks, like this one.
P.S. It is an overgrown sand dune in the Kampinos National Park, MZ, Poland. Photo of today. No need for folder fat-bike or kilowatt power. 240 W max and 38 mm tyres do.
You seem to be misinformed. We can ride Ebikes in our national parks too. I have one where the trail entrance is 3.2 miles from my house and I ride there several times a week. I looked at many different Ebike reviews (they can be found in a forum on this very site) and made my choice based on those reviews. I was happy with my choice after my first ride and I'm still happy after over 2400 trouble free miles. It does everything I had hoped it would do plus more than I thought it would despite it being "Chinese crap".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back