They are trying to sell to Europe...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Specialized frames made in china, complete with made in china stamp.

Where are Specialized Bikes Made?​

The Specialized bike brand is based in Morgan Hill, California. They do all the research and design, prototyping, and product development at the headquarters.

Once the bicycle has been given its specifications, it is produced by a contract manufacturer in Taiwan.

The main contractor that Specialized bikes use, is called Merida.

Merida has expansive factories that produce quality bikes. The company does not buy and rebrand other people’s products.

This is true for all their middle-level to high-end bikes. The cheaper ones are sometimes made in China.

Where are Specialized Bikes Made?​

The Specialized bike brand is based in Morgan Hill, California. They do all the research and design, prototyping, and product development at the headquarters.

Once the bicycle has been given its specifications, it is produced by a contract manufacturer in Taiwan.

The main contractor that Specialized bikes use, is called Merida.

Merida has expansive factories that produce quality bikes. The company does not buy and rebrand other people’s products.

This is true for all their middle-level to high-end bikes. The cheaper ones are sometimes made in China.
My bike is the cheapest eBike Specialized makes, the Como 3. Says made in Taiwan on the frame. The motor and battery are from the EU, maybe Switzerland or Germany. All the shimano components seem to be from Japan.

i despise you
1626213737542.png

My bike is the cheapest eBike Specialized makes, the Como 3. Says made in Taiwan on the frame. The motor and battery are from the EU, maybe Switzerland or Germany. All the shimano components seem to be from Japan.
And Taiwan is the Republic of China. And why would we ever think that the Chinese couldn't make a good bike ? First, it isn't that hard and much as I don't like it , they are damn good at quality production. Look at Chinese Hi-fi. Hard to beat at the price they sell it at.

And Taiwan is the Republic of China. And why would we ever think that the Chinese couldn't make a good bike ? First, it isn't that hard and much as I don't like it , they are damn good at quality production. Look at Chinese Hi-fi. Hard to beat at the price they sell it at.
Chill. You won't find me knocking the Chinese people at all. Visited there once.

Too bad they are going to fail. At least that's what a few people on Facebook say.
Wow! These are triple AAA investors:

The list of investors in the company now includes Counterpoint Global (Morgan Stanley), Fidelity Management & Research Company, The Rise Fund (global impact investing platform managed by TPG), and funds and accounts advised by T. Rowe Price Associates, Inc.

They aren't fly by night venture capitalists. If that list of backers is on board, this is the real deal.

None of my pathetic "haters" has ever been to Poland, and probably not to Europe either.

As i said, it was a qualifier. No one has ever been anywhere except Mr Mikes. I keep forgetting.

Wow! These are triple AAA investors:

The list of investors in the company now includes Counterpoint Global (Morgan Stanley), Fidelity Management & Research Company, The Rise Fund (global impact investing platform managed by TPG), and funds and accounts advised by T. Rowe Price Associates, Inc.

They aren't fly by night venture capitalists. If that list of backers is on board, this is the real deal.
Where is the money ... firms like Blackrock ?

Too bad they are going to fail. At least that's what a few people on Facebook say.
I have zero confidence in anything from Facebook. It is the opinion of the percentage of people attracted to what it offers, not even close to a representative sample of the population. There are some who are not allowed on Facebook, and even more who would never consider subjecting themselves to Facebook.

Rad Power Bikes raises €125.21M as it plans European expansion; here’s why it chose Utrecht as European HQ​

https://siliconcanals.com/news/startups/startup-rad-power-bikes-utrecht/

My Dad was to the United States with PANAM twice in mid 1980s. PANAM ended in bankruptcy in 1991.
I was in Houston soon after Enron Corporation filed for Chapter 11.
The world history is full of wrong investments; and startups are the first to let money of their investors go to waste. (No amount of money invested will make Europeans ride Rads).

Rad Power Bikes might better use these 125 million Euro to design and manufacture quality e-bikes. Are you aware Yamaha Corp. doesn't dare to enter the EU market because the Japanese believe their own e-bikes stand no chance in the mature European e-bike market?

Several recent pictures from Europe: If you think these places will become overflown with Rad Power laughable contraptions then you are very naieve.

1626248651415.png

Góra Kalwaria, MZ, Poland, May 9th, 2021. Notice cycling related murals.

1626248843870.png

Cieciszew, MZ, Poland, May 9th, 2021. People riding Specialized Turbo Levo Comp e-MTBs.

1626249051433.png

Copenhagen Denmark, August 25th 2020. I cannot see Rad Power Bikes future there. And the Dutch have their domestic Gazelles.

1626249195055.png

Free City Christiania (Copenhagen) Denmark, August 25th, 2021. If a jolly Dane wants to go on a ride with his kids, or transport her hubby (and dog), they will ride a domestically made cargo e-bike. Notice cycling motifs around. (Any cycling mural in your neighbourhood?)

1626249637584.png

Bikes, bikes everywhere! Copenhagen Denmark, August 24th 2020.

1626249731577.png

Folder fat-bikes simply don't belong here. Copenhagen Denmark, August 24th 2020.

1626249890464.png

A Copenhagen share-bike. The Danish text reads: "100% Rye-Bread Powered Motor".

Behaviour of several thread participants reminds me of school bullies so often portrayed in Holywood movies. I can see some relationship between what e-bike a person rides and what that person is.

Last edited:
If you think these places will become overflown with Rad Power laughable contraptions then you are very naieve.
“Europe is currently our fastest-growing market and we’ve witnessed exponential growth year over year. To ensure that we’re meeting this increased interest and demand for our products, we plan to significantly expand our retail and service offerings in Utrecht, including doubling the size of our European team in 2021. We’re also currently exploring opportunities to move into a new, larger location to support our growing retail and service footprint,” a Rad Power Bikes spokesperson tells Silicon Canals.

Regardless of anyone's opinion here or on Facebook, Rad has been selling their ebikes in the European market for a few years. Somebody in Europe is buying them, and more are being sold each year.

There's 4 pages of this guys, I turned off any alerts for this thread so I'll just ignore it; feel free to continue but 4 pages!

“Europe is currently our fastest-growing market and we’ve witnessed exponential growth year over year. To ensure that we’re meeting this increased interest and demand for our products, we plan to significantly expand our retail and service offerings in Utrecht, including doubling the size of our European team in 2021. We’re also currently exploring opportunities to move into a new, larger location to support our growing retail and service footprint,” a Rad Power Bikes spokesperson tells Silicon Canals.

Regardless of anyone's opinion here or on Facebook, Rad has been selling their ebikes in the European market for a few years. Somebody in Europe is buying them, and more are being sold each year.
You can write whatever you want to secure investor financing. I'd like to see a Rad here yet.

Rad Power Bikes might better use these 125 million Euro to design and manufacture quality e-bikes. Are you aware Yamaha Corp. doesn't dare to enter the EU market because the Japanese believe their own e-bikes stand no chance in the mature European e-bike market?
I could see Rad adding a normal tire (tyre😉) hybrid ebike, to their lineup to meet market needs. Torque sensor would be nice. They should up their game with some of the cash.

There are other reasons companies, like Yamaha, can't or won't enter the EU market. Protection tariffs is one. Sometimes called anti dumping. Many countries do this, the US does, Japan does. The EU definately does and they protect their ebike industry. Another possibility is the EU often requires a seller to have certain infrastructure in place in order to sell a product. They've done this to the US, not nearly as much to Asia. Free markets aren't always free.

I could see Rad adding a normal tire (tyre😉) hybrid ebike, to their lineup to meet market needs. Torque sensor would be nice. They should up their game with some of the cash.
It could be a good idea. EU has got used to mid-motors. If Rad can find a 250 W Bafang mid-motor that is equal on performance with the big players, that could be a way to go. They need to win Germany first. 2020 sales of traditional bikes were 3.1 million, and it was 2 million of e-bikes.

There are other reasons companies, like Yamaha, can't or won't enter the EU market. Protection tariffs is one. Sometimes called anti dumping. Many countries do this, the US does, Japan does. The EU definately does and they protect their ebike industry. Another possibility is the EU often requires a seller to have certain infrastructure in place in order to sell a product. They've done this to the US, not nearly as much to Asia. Free markets aren't always free.
There was an article (cannot find it now) in which high Yamaha officer promised entering the European market through the Yamaha dealer network. Nothing seems to happen though. Now, are Rad bikes Chinese imports? If they are, the EU was keeping such imports out. Rad Power EU looks like backdoor for such imports.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back