Sondors MadMod

I think that fits mostly in line with this style bike. These tend to not be big pedal type bikes. I've heard their cadence tuning is quite good.

Agreed. The standard Juice scrambler was cadence only. I'm not crapping on it. Just pointing it out, so people aren't surprised. I think i want one..... just making sure.

I’m wondering if that’s an introductory pre order price. The other bike they have coming out called the rockstar is going for about $2500 but Sondors said that price was for only the people that pre ordered,and that the price would go up to around $4000. There other line of new mid drive bikes look nice also and for a great price.Sondors cruiser and lx.

Here’s the cruiser and lx models for $1900.

Attachments

• C90B06ED-B2BC-4E26-BA6B-8F4758897A32.jpeg
    C90B06ED-B2BC-4E26-BA6B-8F4758897A32.jpeg
    56.6 KB · Views: 348
  • E24AFE80-1886-4B2E-A8C0-3573CCBFCCC3.jpeg
    E24AFE80-1886-4B2E-A8C0-3573CCBFCCC3.jpeg
    63.3 KB · Views: 346
Here’s the cruiser and lx models for $1900.

Yeah I have the LX on order. Due in "January". All the bikes will go up in price but the Rockstar will probably go up by more. I expect the Cruiser and LX to be around $2799. 100% the $1499 for these MadMods is a preorder special. Juiced scrambler goes for $1800 and doesn't have rear suspension. Super73 S2 goes for $2500 and doesn't have rear suspension, only has 1 speed, but does have a stronger motor. I place this bike easily at $2399 full retail price.

This was from a reddit post. It appears the stand-over height may be in flux a bit, as previously I had seen 31''.

Specifications:

Motor: 750W rear hub
Battery: 48 Volt, 21 Amp Hour, Lithium-ion battery with genuine Panasonic cells.
Range: 40-60+ miles
Top speed: 28mph
Brakes: Hydraulic disc
Gears: 7 speed with twist shifter
Throttle: Thumb lever for the times you don't feel like pedaling
LCD: Color with USB port and five levels of pedal assist, battery level, speed, distance traveled, etc.
Pedal Assist: 12 magnet
Lights: Headlight and Tail light included
Seat: MadMods Custom
Handlebars: MadMods Custom
Frame: Custom Forged and Machined Aluminum
Standover Height: 34" Maximum
Load Capacity: 350 lbs
Total Weight: 65 lbs (Estimated Total)

Is it reasonable to think the MadMod could be upgraded with a motor + controller + battery kit? I'm looking at something like a 72v 8000w QS V3 273, but will the 24" wheel size be an issue for a kit like that?

Is it reasonable to think the MadMod could be upgraded with a motor + controller + battery kit? I'm looking at something like a 72v 8000w QS V3 273, but will the 24" wheel size be an issue for a kit like that?
reasonable? I would ask, why buy a bike if you are going to toss away 1/3 of it? It almost sounds like you are building a bike at this point. Also, this sounds like a huge project to me.

The Madmods look awesome, great specs, but if you put a deposit tomorrow, what would that delivery date be on them ?
Omg

The Madmods look awesome, great specs, but if you put a deposit tomorrow, what would that delivery date be on them ?
Omg
March.

Some of us are used to this game. They've trained us well. It's almost common at this point.... especially, if you want to save a few hundred. Buying ebikes in the winter is a solid way to save $200 - $400. In this case, you can save a lot more, but you have the additional risk of a beta-bike.

This price is a no brainer. I would buy this if I had another spare $1500. Already waiting on one bike that probably won't be around until March anyway

This price is a no brainer. I would buy this if I had another spare $1500. Already waiting on one bike that probably won't be around until March anyway
what bike are you waiting for?

I do know of one example, where many people regret going for the beta-bike. So, there's risk.... but there's a good opportunity too.

what bike are you waiting for?

I do know of one example, where many people regret going for the beta-bike. So, there's risk.... but there's a good opportunity too.

The mid-drive LX in black. "January" delivery. Being that October delivery is now pushed back to December I think it's safe to say January delivery will be pushed to March.

What bike are you referring to? The specs on this bike seem like nothing new. All their XS bikes basically run these same specs with the exception of the new battery.

The mid-drive LX in black. "January" delivery. Being that October delivery is now pushed back to December I think it's safe to say January delivery will be pushed to March.

What bike are you referring to? The specs on this bike seem like nothing new. All their XS bikes basically run these same specs with the exception of the new battery.
The original Juiced Bike Hyper Scrambler. They used a MAC motor, which seems to have been a mistake for that controller. They don't even offer it anymore. I think all other JB's use a Bafang.

Your other bike will be a Sondors? So....the specs on all three of those bikes (Rockstar, Cruiser, and LX) all are impressive. I have concerns about the motor strength and how much it'll chew chains. IMO it's good that they designed the controller to pull-back amperage to limit the motor's horse power. Have you read the FREY boards to get a comparison (uses the same Bafang Ultra)? Maybe it'll be awesome. Please report back.

I have ordered the MadMod-Scrambler. Even if i get it by May, that's fine with me.

The original Juiced Bike Hyper Scrambler. They used a MAC motor, which seems to have been a mistake for that controller. They don't even offer it anymore. I think all other JB's use a Bafang.

Your other bike will be a Sondors? So....the specs on all three of those bikes (Rockstar, Cruiser, and LX) all are impressive. I have concerns about the motor strength and how much it'll chew chains. IMO it's good that they designed the controller to pull-back amperage to limit the motor's horse power. Have you read the FREY boards to get a comparison (uses the same Bafang Ultra)? Maybe it'll be awesome. Please report back.

I have ordered the MadMod-Scrambler. Even if i get it by May, that's fine with me.

I was happy to see the shift sensor implemented in to the system as well. Yes they worked with Bafang to custom tune their PAS system and brought the power down a little. I have seen some discussions from owners of Biktrix with the Ultra motor and their complaints about the factory Bafang tune. It's still going to be a monster.

Drivetrain wear is definitely on my mind. While I'm waiting for the bike to come in I've been working on getting a backpack of essentials together for roadside repairs when needed

That's a good idea to check out the Frey forum I'll definitely do that. I'll be sure to post my impressions on the bike when it eventually arrives

I was happy to see the shift sensor implemented in to the system as well. Yes they worked with Bafang to custom tune their PAS system and brought the power down a little. I have seen some discussions from owners of Biktrix with the Ultra motor and their complaints about the factory Bafang tune. It's still going to be a monster.

Drivetrain wear is definitely on my mind. While I'm waiting for the bike to come in I've been working on getting a backpack of essentials together for roadside repairs when needed

That's a good idea to check out the Frey forum I'll definitely do that. I'll be sure to post my impressions on the bike when it eventually arrives

I own an m-class (Ariel Rider), and it's lots of fun. Your bike will have twice the power it has. There will be plenty of power.

Sondors doesn't seem like they do a great job with fenders. I don't know how you sell a winter-focused bike (like the fat-tire LX) without including fenders as a standard. Where I live, the salt on the road means there's usually water flying around for all winter months.

The LX doesn't come with fenders (may have after market). Also, the MadMod does not have a rear fender at all. Maybe I could buy one from another company and fit it. But, if you want to commute with regularity.... fenders are not optional. And you'll try it precisely ONCE before you reconsider how often you'll ride (or at least I did).

I own an m-class (Ariel Rider), and it's lots of fun. Your bike will have twice the power it has. There will be plenty of power.

Sondors doesn't seem like they do a great job with fenders. I don't know how you sell a winter-focused bike (like the fat-tire LX) without including fenders as a standard. Where I live, the salt on the road means there's usually water flying around for all winter months.

The LX doesn't come with fenders (may have after market). Also, the MadMod does not have a rear fender at all. Maybe I could buy one from another company and fit it. But, if you want to commute with regularity.... fenders are not optional. And you'll try it precisely ONCE before you reconsider how often you'll ride (or at least I did).

I hear you. They said fenders would be available add ons at some point and it may be something I consider getting. As for my use with this bike it will primarily be for leisure cruising with a child seat mounted between the handlebars and seat post for my 2yo son. So mostly paved bike paths and beach riding. This bike is clearly overkill for my intended purpose but I really want a mid-drive for the more conventional bike riding experience.

Someone said earlier the seats of the MadMods were designed to act as a rear fender. So that remains to be seen I guess

Just got an email from Sondors. Thought I'd leave this here.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201012-173509.png
    Screenshot_20201012-173509.png
    325.5 KB · Views: 510
Back