Luna X2 - First Impressions

I ordered a new Bafang throttle. Looks a little slimmer over the stock throttle. Should be here next week. I'll let you know what I think.
1659036795096.png

Bafang Throttle

Appears to be a nice design change. Got rid of all my stock throttles (4 Ebikes) and installed thumb throttles.

Capture.PNG

I ordered a new Bafang throttle. Looks a little slimmer over the stock throttle. Should be here next week. I'll let you know what I think.
Nice find. Looks like a definite improvement over the stock plastic one. I like the aluminum idea as that is what I use that I got from the gentleman in Poland that is even thinner, like half of that. But it did cost twice as much. Might get one to try just for kicks!

View attachment 130446

Bafang Throttle
This one doesn’t look bad. The one Tom posted comes in ‘left and right’ and at least for me, I found to take up too much width on the bars vs how I wanted my control placement - this one looks reasonable, although I’m running a skinnier one courtesy of @JRA

I got the Ebike Thumb Throttle BAFANG 300X and plugged it into the harness. Turned the bike on and it would not move the motor. Maybe the wiring or the design of the throttle. Went back to using the stock throttle which works. It does say BAFNAG1T4 cable is required for use.

Changes and updates after ~3 months and a few hundred miles with the X2.
Would I buy it again?
Absolutely. There is still no bike for my purposes that ticks my boxes better, including the LudiV2 controller.
The Z1 with it's UART Ultra or Hydra w/Archon are the only other options I see at the moment. The Monte Capro is CANBUS and $$, and the Monte Lite is beautiful but Bafang programming. Maybe Luna or Innotrace will sell standalone controllers for M600 in the future, which would be great for existing owners and open up options.

Has anything broken?
Nope. I did have to do a controller swap early on, which may or may not have been needed - the Bluetooth range isn't as far as most of us would like, and the antenna position is kind of important if riding with the phone attached to the bars. It's possible a future firmware update may improve BT TX/transmit power. Odometer doesn't work with the LudiV2, but I know this is in process and likely part of the next firmware update.

What have you changed? Did you need to?
Most changes were from my personal preference, either to make the bike 'mine,' to make it fit better, etc. There really isn't anything I 'needed' to change - other than the atrocious stock seat. Good brand/model (WTB Volt) but way too narrow at 135mm.

I also like to tinker, but here's the list so far:
  • Hope red floating rotors F/R, and will be moving to 200mm in rear shortly. Have a few different pad compounds to play with.
  • SRAM 'deslackinators' to take up free-play in the SRAM G2 levers.
  • Ergon SMC Core seat
  • Front/Rear MuckyNuts fenders, mini - will be replacing with the longer versions soon - the minis work well to protect the chainstay/suspension pivot from crap, but still spray my back.
  • Re-arranged controls and added a thumb-drive throttle @JRA found from someone in Poland. Much better than the OE one, although I had initially filed that one down to make it narrower/more usable with controls layout.
  • Ergon GA3 grips - because they don't suck. :)
  • Granite Stash tubeless repair kit in bar end
  • Mirracycle bar end mirror on left
  • Lamin-X and 3M clear film - battery cover and chainstay under chainstay protector mainly at this point
  • 'Fire Lizard' chainstay protector
  • Alston mtb pedals
  • Miranda 16-mm crank arms, after also trying the Luna 150mm arms
  • Replaced Alex MD35 wheelset with a set of ARC40/DT Swiss 350 hubs running Johnny Watt 27.5x2.8 - converted to tubeless. I like DT Swiss, and wanted a more 'dual-sport' on/off-road tire. Working well so far.
  • Foam strips on top/inside of battery cover to remove any minor rattling
  • Replaced KS 125mm dropper post with SDG Tells 170mm post. Nice dropper, and user-serviceable with parts. However, the RaceFace universal dropper lever is a huge POS with a single grub screw that lets the cable strip. Replacing the dropper lever/remote.
  • Replaced the SX or NX shifter with a GX MMX shifter. Didn't 'need' to, but wanted to condense bar clamps etc. Works fine, not a huge difference in feel but more metal vs plastic, and a low $ part at ~$42.
  • Added a Spurcycle compact bike bell - after jogger u-turned as I was passing on the left and did a stoppie that nearly became more.. yeah, need a bell.
  • Added a front light which I like pretty well. Good mount, USB-C charging although a bit finicky on cables. Ironically they give a 'free' CR-2032 tail light that is actually awesome and wish was rechargeable - I just put it on slow pulse mode when I remember. Victogen off Amazon...just ignore the claimed Lumens.
  • DVO Topaz Air T3 rear shock - was considering going coil, but wanted to see what a higher end air shock felt like first, so picked up used (210x55) along with a (non-offset) bushing kit and DU bushing tool from offsetbushings.com
    • Only have 15-20 miles on it, but seems like a huge improvement over the RS Deluxe+ at this point, much more compliant at chatter/low-speed compression. Probably still needs some adjustment yet, but am liking it so far.
  • Yari to Lyric Charger upgrade kit - damper and air spring.
    • The Yari is decent overall. I do notice some fork flex, but all forks will have some flex to them. What I haven't yet been able to tune out entirely is low-speed chatter, much like the difference I noticed with the DVO Topaz rear vs the prior rear RS shock.
    • Have not yet installed, but will bring the Yari up to Lyric Ultimate specs. Note on the air spring - this is a cheap ~$40 upgrade, and you can change your fork suspension travel distance by selecting a different length air spring. Stock is 160mm; I believe 140-180mm are available.
    • Will see how things feel after this upgrade, and either stick with it or possible pick up a used DVO as backup plan.
I'll be building a wheelset shortly, mostly for grins. Components are somewhat difficult to get at the moment, but will be building a set of 32H (good luck finding 36H > i30mm rims..) ARC35s, DT240S Hybrid J bend front, DT350 Hybrid rear, Alpine 3 rear spokes, probably DT Comp front, and put another set of Johnny Watts on them. The 240 front was down to parts availability - want the wheels to be semi-indestructible so going ahead with the Hybrid hub variants, which have larger bearings in them, but it was impossible to find a DT 350 Hybrid front hub...as it was, I did get a nice deal on the 240S Hybrid front, so no harm, no foul..
View attachment 116123
I Noticed You changed your rims twice. Both I assume are Tubeless and can run the same tires? IF so Are you interested in selling your ARC 40 rims? I had considered upgrading to a 27.5inch x 3" Enduro Tire's but I don't know anything about mountainbikes. I road motorcycles my whole life, but recent health issues made me have to sell my Custom Z1000, & I just ordered the X2 as a replacement, but I know that it has some issues, Dropper seat post, I hate the shifter, & I considered upgrading the Derailleur, & cassette as I am not a fan of the SRAM SX drivetrain. I think a `1x11 setup would be nice, but because I don't have the knowledge to know where to source parts, I never really road mountain bikes, it was always dirtbikes as a kid. I LOVE your build, I couldn't believe it when several of the upgrades you had already done were the only upgrades I knew for 100% when my new X2 Ludi V2 arrives I want to update. Have you considered upgrading your Firmware & add the speed sensor? Or have you considered upgrading your display to the 860c Color display? Personally, I was decided to just buy a 64bit refurbished phone on backmarket.com & use VESC app for visuals(though putting a big color display on handlebars does seem like a nice upgrade. Still, I wonder if the upgraded display is worth it. Anyway if you're interested in selling your tubeless ARC40 Rims I would very interested in buying your old set. Feel free to DM me. Or find me on twitter at https://twitter.com/CryptoDelphi & message me there. I'd love to know where to get the crank arms as well. I assume they 160mm in length? Thank you so much for your posts, it really made me feel better about my order. Seeing all the upgrades i wanted to do & then some work out so well. Really helped me feel secure with my order. I live in NJ so there was no trying before buying, especially since they sell out in 1 day! lol. I would love to know if you could add a Rohloff IGH to this frame, but it's impossible for me to figure out. Thanks for any and all help. MY Bike arrives in 10days or so. Can't wait.

Last weekend I had a failure of the Bafang torque sensor (non Ludi). It failed by providing uncontrolled assistance then no assistance. Now it has stopped providing assistance while pedaling. Throttle still works and no error codes. I connected the BESST and was able to read the controller. I reflashed the controller firmware and did a calibrate without issue. I opened a ticket with Luna. It was 3 months ago Luna repaired the motor clutch after it was allowing the pedal to slip.

Update:
The M600 controller went bad. Purchasing the upgraded v2 Ludi controller and Luna is sending it all back ready to go. One important difference is the battery pack on the X2 non ludi v2 bikes have a lower rated (battery) BMS of 35 amps. Limiting the max amps in the VESC app to 34amps is still good for around 1,000 watts which is plenty for my riding style. I'll call it Ludi Lite?
Oh Wow, my dad had a similar failure but he got Error Code 23 I think it was ERROR of Torque Sensor. Ordered a new torque sensor on egreenbike.com or something like that, & when we opened M600 up we realized the m600 we got from FLX version 3.2 Had a nylon Gear inside already. Surprised me. But it was super easy to work on the M600 motor. I mean EASY! I am not mechanically inclined. My Father is Master Mechanical Engineer, so thankfully when things break down he can always fix it himself. I do the research and he repairs it. He made the mistake of ordering from FLX the F5 Trail. They run a much better break system Magura MT5E 4piston & Shimano Deore m6100 drivetrain, 1x10 also had stock bafang M600 motor. There PRODUCT was killer actually, if you want a hardtail all ya gotta do is upgrade the front fork & tires. Bikes $3500 But there is NO support. Took them 4 weeks to reply to our tickets and we sent 3 e-mails as well. I just ordered the X2 LUDI V2 in a medium. I was able to get his stock m600 to 26MPH on throttle only on flat, & up to 38mph peddling downhill. But it's limited. Tbh if they had quality service I would have considered buying their Blade 2.0. But I'm happy FLX had bad service it got me to the X2 ludicrous V2 & now thanks to you & RTP I have LEARNED so much. Mainly all the changes I wanted to make are not only possible but pretty affordable. I can't do a $1400 dollar groupset, but def considering upgrading to Shimano Deore 8100 or SLX, but I don't understand glide systems, & am confused if HG Driver would work or would I need to change it. I also wonder what is better linkglide, ultraglide, or micro spline? Does anyone mind explaining the differences to me in layman terms & I'd love to hear your educated opinions on which system is better & more reliable' @IOUZIP & @rtp AS for the brake system. I would love to one day change it out for the Magura MT7E complete break kit & would love your opinion on that as well. Also, how do you feel about these SRAM GUIDE 4-piston brakes & more importantly the levers? I will Post a photo when my X2 Ludi V2 arrives. Also, I am curious at what wattage is it safe to mash the throttle with NO chance of overheating? I read 1350watts is safe & somewhere else I read 1500watts is safe. Have either of you had problems with temperatures when running in high PAS or, mashing the throttle? Also I've ridden motorcycles and quads my whole life & want a left thumb throttle I was going to buy Bafangs Left thumb throttle(https://lunacycle.com/parts/bafang-parts/bbshd-parts/bafang-bbsxx-left-thumb-throttle/ ), but I thought I'd ask you guys your opinion on I what is the best throttle with the smoothest feathering? Thank you both for educating me & your time posting this for all of us to learn from. Cheers

Ebike Thumb Throttle BAFANG 300X
I know this left thumb throttle works with X2 Ludicrous just talked to LUNA about it yesterday https://lunacycle.com/parts/bafang-parts/bbshd-parts/bafang-bbsxx-left-thumb-throttle/ Dunno if this is the 300x, but they said the bafang left thumb throttle and the 860C color display both work with my X2 Ludicrous V2 ordered 2 days ago. If you have the newest VESC firmware for the Ludi controller they should both work for you too. ( I went to school for Network & Electronic engineering the only parts about this bike I understand some =). Hope I helped you some. you have helped me & others a lot. If running stock BAFANG controller, the DPC18C w/Bluetooth, & Egg Rider V2 are both really nice color displays that work with the stock controller. Though I think I read your upgrading to Ludicrous controller. So maybe after you have Ludi controller with the newest firmware the throttle will work. I almost upgraded my display then I saw it cheaper to buy a refurbished phone for the VESC app, though after more important upgrades are made to X2 one day I may consider 860C. Is the thumb throttle on the link I provided the same as 300X?

Oh Wow, my dad had a similar failure but he got Error Code 23 I think it was ERROR of Torque Sensor. Ordered a new torque sensor on egreenbike.com or something like that, & when we opened M600 up we realized the m600 we got from FLX version 3.2 Had a nylon Gear inside already. Surprised me. But it was super easy to work on the M600 motor. I mean EASY! I am not mechanically inclined. My Father is Master Mechanical Engineer, so thankfully when things break down he can always fix it himself. I do the research and he repairs it. He made the mistake of ordering from FLX the F5 Trail. They run a much better break system Magura MT5E 4piston & Shimano Deore m6100 drivetrain, 1x10 also had stock bafang M600 motor. There PRODUCT was killer actually, if you want a hardtail all ya gotta do is upgrade the front fork & tires. Bikes $3500 But there is NO support. Took them 4 weeks to reply to our tickets and we sent 3 e-mails as well. I just ordered the X2 LUDI V2 in a medium. I was able to get his stock m600 to 26MPH on throttle only on flat, & up to 38mph peddling downhill. But it's limited. Tbh if they had quality service I would have considered buying their Blade 2.0. But I'm happy FLX had bad service it got me to the X2 ludicrous V2 & now thanks to you & RTP I have LEARNED so much. Mainly all the changes I wanted to make are not only possible but pretty affordable. I can't do a $1400 dollar groupset, but def considering upgrading to Shimano Deore 8100 or SLX, but I don't understand glide systems, & am confused if HG Driver would work or would I need to change it. I also wonder what is better linkglide, ultraglide, or micro spline? Does anyone mind explaining the differences to me in layman terms & I'd love to hear your educated opinions on which system is better & more reliable' @IOUZIP & @rtp AS for the brake system. I would love to one day change it out for the Magura MT7E complete break kit & would love your opinion on that as well. Also, how do you feel about these SRAM GUIDE 4-piston brakes & more importantly the levers? I will Post a photo when my X2 Ludi V2 arrives. Also, I am curious at what wattage is it safe to mash the throttle with NO chance of overheating? I read 1350watts is safe & somewhere else I read 1500watts is safe. Have either of you had problems with temperatures when running in high PAS or, mashing the throttle? Also I've ridden motorcycles and quads my whole life & want a left thumb throttle I was going to buy Bafangs Left thumb throttle(https://lunacycle.com/parts/bafang-parts/bbshd-parts/bafang-bbsxx-left-thumb-throttle/ ), but I thought I'd ask you guys your opinion on I what is the best throttle with the smoothest feathering? Thank you both for educating me & your time posting this for all of us to learn from. Cheers
Luna replaced the M600 with a new unit. Installed and it all works again! I have been playing around with the v2 controller settings. Mostly changing the max amps to lower the power output and reduce the battery draw. I hear the next VESC firmware release will include a dynamic power output based on the torque sensor. I ordered another 300x thumb throttle from another supplier hoping the first throttle was just bad.

Luna replaced the M600 with a new unit. Installed and it all works again! I have been playing around with the v2 controller settings. Mostly changing the max amps to lower the power output and reduce the battery draw. I hear the next VESC firmware release will include a dynamic power output based on the torque sensor. I ordered another 300x thumb throttle from another supplier hoping the first throttle was just bad.
Oh cool, I upgraded and ordered the Left facing Thumb Throttle from Bafang. My Dad had the stock one on his FLX & upgraded it to a slimmer 300x & it works no problem. I am still undecided on whether or not to buy the 860C display & replace the tiny one. My eyesight is good, but I would much rather the color display. I was told that MPH and all will display on the tiny display that comes with the X2 now. Current Firmware has come a long way from when the X2 was first released. Not sure if you were having issues not being able to see MPH or if that was someone else. I am happy I waited. Though tbh I wanted an APEX more than any other one originally. But I can't wait to see what you guys do next to your custom X2s both are really nice. I am hoping to upgrade the rotors, shifter, derailleur, & upgrade to tubeless rims, was considering 3" tires, what do you think about going up to 3"? I also wanted to make the bike ride better & smoother, but I don't understand Wheelhubs, & my father who is retired & lives with me now is too old at 83 to indulge me in all my customization plans for my X2. You said you changed your rims & wheel hubs so that they were "Symmetrical" if I remember correctly? Did you have to change the axel size & alter anything on the frame when you decided to change the wheel hub? Also, do I have to buy the rims, spokes, & wheel hubs separately? If I want a 27.5x 3" setup would you recommend that setup? Also, are there affordable existing pre-built kits with the HTZ I35 or the DT swiss ARC40? Both seem to get a lot of coverage & praise when I looked them up as upgrades for your EMTB E-bike after reading both your posts. Thanks to you guys I had an idea where to begin googling EMTB Rim brands. I really can't say enough how much I appreciate your & @rtp 's input. Without finding your guy's thread I may not have bought the X2, I was worried when I spoke with the sales guy, that upgrades wouldn't be easy & were highly frowned upon. So I'd be stuck never making it my own. But I think he assumed I knew nothing at all and I know enough after 2years of constant research into E-bikes. I just don't know much about rims, because it's one of the few areas I didn't research much. Same with HG Driver Verse XD vers Microspline, Ultraglide I think I covered them all? I don't know why they would run the Hyperglyde system which is Shimano right? But LUNA is running SRAM SX drivetrain with SHIMANO driver that seems backward, & I wondered why but can't find answers yet. I plan to ride a lot of offroad fire trails, & mountain biking courses, as well as some downhill enduro stuff. Want the bike to hold up to 6ft drops and small jumps? Love any and all advice you guys have to offer. Thanks again.

I wonder if anyone OWNS both the Z1 and the X2 & would love to hear which one they ride more & why. I got the LUNA X2 for added power, but don't want to overheat it either. I plan to turn it down to 1800watts peak Power on Ludicrous settings, so I don't overheat it even when mashing the power. Does anyone ride with a wide-open throttle at 2500watts yet and/or know the X2's top speed & power range without running too hot? Thx.

Changes and updates after ~3 months and a few hundred miles with the X2.
Would I buy it again?
Absolutely. There is still no bike for my purposes that ticks my boxes better, including the LudiV2 controller.
The Z1 with it's UART Ultra or Hydra w/Archon are the only other options I see at the moment. The Monte Capro is CANBUS and $$, and the Monte Lite is beautiful but Bafang programming. Maybe Luna or Innotrace will sell standalone controllers for M600 in the future, which would be great for existing owners and open up options.

Has anything broken?
Nope. I did have to do a controller swap early on, which may or may not have been needed - the Bluetooth range isn't as far as most of us would like, and the antenna position is kind of important if riding with the phone attached to the bars. It's possible a future firmware update may improve BT TX/transmit power. Odometer doesn't work with the LudiV2, but I know this is in process and likely part of the next firmware update.

What have you changed? Did you need to?
Most changes were from my personal preference, either to make the bike 'mine,' to make it fit better, etc. There really isn't anything I 'needed' to change - other than the atrocious stock seat. Good brand/model (WTB Volt) but way too narrow at 135mm.

I also like to tinker, but here's the list so far:
  • Hope red floating rotors F/R, and will be moving to 200mm in rear shortly. Have a few different pad compounds to play with.
  • SRAM 'deslackinators' to take up free-play in the SRAM G2 levers.
  • Ergon SMC Core seat
  • Front/Rear MuckyNuts fenders, mini - will be replacing with the longer versions soon - the minis work well to protect the chainstay/suspension pivot from crap, but still spray my back.
  • Re-arranged controls and added a thumb-drive throttle @JRA found from someone in Poland. Much better than the OE one, although I had initially filed that one down to make it narrower/more usable with controls layout.
  • Ergon GA3 grips - because they don't suck. :)
  • Granite Stash tubeless repair kit in bar end
  • Mirracycle bar end mirror on left
  • Lamin-X and 3M clear film - battery cover and chainstay under chainstay protector mainly at this point
  • 'Fire Lizard' chainstay protector
  • Alston mtb pedals
  • Miranda 16-mm crank arms, after also trying the Luna 150mm arms
  • Replaced Alex MD35 wheelset with a set of ARC40/DT Swiss 350 hubs running Johnny Watt 27.5x2.8 - converted to tubeless. I like DT Swiss, and wanted a more 'dual-sport' on/off-road tire. Working well so far.
  • Foam strips on top/inside of battery cover to remove any minor rattling
  • Replaced KS 125mm dropper post with SDG Tells 170mm post. Nice dropper, and user-serviceable with parts. However, the RaceFace universal dropper lever is a huge POS with a single grub screw that lets the cable strip. Replacing the dropper lever/remote.
  • Replaced the SX or NX shifter with a GX MMX shifter. Didn't 'need' to, but wanted to condense bar clamps etc. Works fine, not a huge difference in feel but more metal vs plastic, and a low $ part at ~$42.
  • Added a Spurcycle compact bike bell - after jogger u-turned as I was passing on the left and did a stoppie that nearly became more.. yeah, need a bell.
  • Added a front light which I like pretty well. Good mount, USB-C charging although a bit finicky on cables. Ironically they give a 'free' CR-2032 tail light that is actually awesome and wish was rechargeable - I just put it on slow pulse mode when I remember. Victogen off Amazon...just ignore the claimed Lumens.
  • DVO Topaz Air T3 rear shock - was considering going coil, but wanted to see what a higher end air shock felt like first, so picked up used (210x55) along with a (non-offset) bushing kit and DU bushing tool from offsetbushings.com
    • Only have 15-20 miles on it, but seems like a huge improvement over the RS Deluxe+ at this point, much more compliant at chatter/low-speed compression. Probably still needs some adjustment yet, but am liking it so far.
  • Yari to Lyric Charger upgrade kit - damper and air spring.
    • The Yari is decent overall. I do notice some fork flex, but all forks will have some flex to them. What I haven't yet been able to tune out entirely is low-speed chatter, much like the difference I noticed with the DVO Topaz rear vs the prior rear RS shock.
    • Have not yet installed, but will bring the Yari up to Lyric Ultimate specs. Note on the air spring - this is a cheap ~$40 upgrade, and you can change your fork suspension travel distance by selecting a different length air spring. Stock is 160mm; I believe 140-180mm are available.
    • Will see how things feel after this upgrade, and either stick with it or possible pick up a used DVO as backup plan.
I'll be building a wheelset shortly, mostly for grins. Components are somewhat difficult to get at the moment, but will be building a set of 32H (good luck finding 36H > i30mm rims..) ARC35s, DT240S Hybrid J bend front, DT350 Hybrid rear, Alpine 3 rear spokes, probably DT Comp front, and put another set of Johnny Watts on them. The 240 front was down to parts availability - want the wheels to be semi-indestructible so going ahead with the Hybrid hub variants, which have larger bearings in them, but it was impossible to find a DT 350 Hybrid front hub...as it was, I did get a nice deal on the 240S Hybrid front, so no harm, no foul..
View attachment 116123
I am looking to get my parts list together for my bike and I am looking around for different parts I wanted to Go up to 203MM in the front and up to 203MM in the rear, but don't plan on upgrading or changing brake levers or calipers just yet. Would you recommend sticking with just 200mm in front and rear as long as I keep the stock brakes? Eventually, I plan to get a pair of 4 piston HC RED Magura Calipers & MT7 or better brake levers. The MT8E levers are also accented in red, I read you like red too, so thought I'd share those components. Here is the link to amazon if you are interested https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...title_srh_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A2WNW57X5JKOWI to the Red Accented 4 piston calipers w/ nice but regular black levers only issue is they are 1 finger levers, which isn't my favorite. Also, the New SRAM X01 Drivetrain dropped a ton in price, GX cassette is way up(=/), But I was considering actually going to the SRAM X01 shifter/Derailleur but I saw you said you get great performance with your GX and wonder if I am wasting money? TBH I wish I could switch over to Shimano, I like the Shimano Deore 6100 Better than the SRAM NX, & I don't know if I could swap over to Shimano on the X2 ludicrous, everywhere I read about parts I hear SRAM is better. Love to hear your opinion.
I want to start upgrading parts right away. Hopefully my X2 Ludicrous arrives next week.

Photos of your ebike would be cool.
You care to post your ludicrous bike?
"Ridiculous" 😆 🤣
NICE BULLS! THE BULLS, CUBE, and the ORBEA superlight EMTB's running new BOSCH ABS system were the only other 3 brands I really liked. But they are all out of my price range, plus I wanted ridiculous power so I went with LUNA X2 Ludicrous which I just ordered 3 days ago. Planing tons of upgrades, but I don't know enough yet to do everything I want. For instance comes with smaller rotors then i'd like. I know I can go to 200MM, but dunno if I can go to 203mm with the same brakes it came with. I am learning from you guys on here. Really love the forum. Helping me learn & Slowly building my list heh. Really love the Bulls in your photo looks so nice. I will post a photo once it arrives. I have a few parts coming I want to put on right away. Will post photos as soon as I can.

Purchased and installed ShockWiz on the Fox 38 160mm travel ebike rated fork. Went for a 10 mile ride yesterday and was happy with my base setup and the Shockwiz suggestions are below. I selected basic "Playful" tuning style and was very close to my base setup. Since I went with Fox 38 fork and Fox Float X shock I will be moving onto the rear shock next for that tuning setup.

Fox 38 160mm travel eBike fork
Rider Weight 210lbs
Fork Air 120psi
1 token installed
LSR 6
HSR 4
LSC 10
HSC 8 (full open)
Tire Pressure 21psi-F and 23psi-R

View attachment 117276

View attachment 116495
Did you upgrade to the 860C display? just curious cause I see your handlebars have a bigger display or is that your phone mount? if so does LUDI V2 Bluetooth work well and reach your phone on your handlebars?

Yes 860C display. Had to load latest VESC firmware to get 860c to work with v2 controller. No issues with Bluetooth to v2 connectivity. I have the IOS and Android phones. Need android to flash firmware. I got a $40 burner phone that I use to side load the Luna VESC app. No issues with handlebar to v2 controller connection while riding.

Another 300x throttle arrived and it does work! Big on the bottom so I had to work on the placement. Nice thing about this location is the phone hides the throttle.

1659735167552.png

Last edited:
Yes 860C display. Had to load latest VESC firmware to get 860c to work with v2 controller. No issues with Bluetooth to v2 connectivity. I have the IOS and Android phones. Need android to flash firmware. I got a $40 burner phone that I use to side load the Luna VESC app. No issues with handlebar to v2 controller connection while riding.

Another 300x throttle arrived and it does work! Big on the bottom so I had to work on the placement. Nice thing about this location is the phone hides the throttle.

View attachment 131227
Looks nice! How do u like it? I noticed your dropper seat post lever and thumb throttle are on the Right. I have it set up opposite on my pops FLX. I bought a WolfTooth Barcentric for my X2 to save space. Which should be here tomorrow or Friday I think. Been researching HUBS and finding such gorgeous hubs, but they are quite pricey. Found a few in this crazy purple/fuchsia color. Making me change the whole color accent plan. May go with a Red and Purple accent mix. I Like the HOPE, & Raceface, 350 Boost setup front & rear. I saw a 240setup as well, but don't fully understand, I thought the bigger hub meant it was more robust, more durable & was better for Offroad/downhill more tough riding. I was planning to use XD driver for a GX 12speed drivetrain conversion(seemed most economical. As well as the strongest & most durable 12speed setup by my research.) I considered going to Shimano 11speed, especially if I end up breaking these 12-speed lightweight hollow pin chains as we did on stock m600 on my dad's FLX F5. After 2 chains we switched to Connex chain & we never had another issue. (can't find a solid pin for a 12speed setup anywhere yet. Do you have any preference? I looked at so many Hubs I want a size 27.5"x 40 sized rim, but I am new to Building from scratch & not 100% sure I am doing everything right. Little nervous I will waste money on nice-looking gear that may not perform the way I want it. My dad's FLX I think has 240 Hubs on his boost setup. But it's just no name HUBS. Can you tell me a few brands that also have color and flair that I could look into? I also Need to figure out what 3" Enduro mountain capable tire I want to run. The plan is eventually to graduate from gravel & road to downhill enduro and track. So Smoother I can ride the better. I'm sick & needed to build my strength back up and after selling my Motorcycle in 2021 because I wasn't strong enough to ride it anymore. I figured the LUNA X2 Ludicrous would be a good fit for much-needed fun with speed/adrenaline & wind in my face I miss so much. Plus ya know the health perks too =). It's partly why I considered staying with the 12-speed to keep it simple, & if I have to peddle without power I won't be slain by all the steep hills around where i live. I wanted to change from HG driver to at least XD or better But looks like I'd at least have to swap rear Hub in order to do that. I want a strong base, & a drivetrain for taking her offroad & downhill. SRAM GX & Shimano DEORE 8100 are both nice middle-line drivetrains, I do like Shimano's shifter better. Anyway, your bike looks amazing. I will post mine once I get it & have it assembled. Going to be a slow customization process, cause I have so much to learn and read. Unless someone who knows mountain bikes helps me some. But where I live NJ everything is basically focused on Bosch-driven bikes. I want to order 160mm cranks but can't find any for the M600 anywhere yet. At least not reasonably priced anyway, or they are sold out. Most I come across are meant for the Bosch. Thanks again for help.

View attachment 131227
Can u take a photo of the display on for me, please? I've been dying to see what the display looks like connected to an X2? Hoping the contrast is better than it looks on their website advertisement.

Do you happen to have the ludi v2 default settings or know where to find them? I think I accidentally modified some of them unintentionally and would like to go back to default and then modify from there.

I Noticed You changed your rims twice. Both I assume are Tubeless and can run the same tires? IF so Are you interested in selling your ARC 40 rims? I had considered upgrading to a 27.5inch x 3" Enduro Tire's but I don't know anything about mountainbikes. I road motorcycles my whole life, but recent health issues made me have to sell my Custom Z1000, & I just ordered the X2 as a replacement, but I know that it has some issues, Dropper seat post, I hate the shifter, & I considered upgrading the Derailleur, & cassette as I am not a fan of the SRAM SX drivetrain. I think a `1x11 setup would be nice, but because I don't have the knowledge to know where to source parts, I never really road mountain bikes, it was always dirtbikes as a kid. I LOVE your build, I couldn't believe it when several of the upgrades you had already done were the only upgrades I knew for 100% when my new X2 Ludi V2 arrives I want to update. Have you considered upgrading your Firmware & add the speed sensor? Or have you considered upgrading your display to the 860c Color display? Personally, I was decided to just buy a 64bit refurbished phone on backmarket.com & use VESC app for visuals(though putting a big color display on handlebars does seem like a nice upgrade. Still, I wonder if the upgraded display is worth it. Anyway if you're interested in selling your tubeless ARC40 Rims I would very interested in buying your old set. Feel free to DM me. Or find me on twitter at https://twitter.com/CryptoDelphi & message me there. I'd love to know where to get the crank arms as well. I assume they 160mm in length? Thank you so much for your posts, it really made me feel better about my order. Seeing all the upgrades i wanted to do & then some work out so well. Really helped me feel secure with my order. I live in NJ so there was no trying before buying, especially since they sell out in 1 day! lol. I would love to know if you could add a Rohloff IGH to this frame, but it's impossible for me to figure out. Thanks for any and all help. MY Bike arrives in 10days or so. Can't wait.

IMO v2 Controller has too much power for trail use. I had to lower the Max Amp to 25amps to reduce the power and lower battery draw. Luna sells shorter crank arms for X2.

Start with the what Luna includes on the bike. Get use to it before throwing $$ into the bike. I am on my 2nd Luna and have spent over $3k on parts for the X2.

Back