Show us pictures of where you ride your ebikes!

I think my rear hub+11.6 Ah battery would make it up to the 12 miles to the summit since the return trip would be just me riding the brakes down? No bike lanes or shoulder to ride in for the summit run. Too much of a chicken to try with so many tourist on that stretch of road.:eek:

I stick mostly with the Rio Grande river paved and dirt trails, designated bike/walk/jogging paved trails around the city, and foothill trails facing Albuquerque.
Hehe, forget the tourists, the locals drive like they want to kill bicyclists! This town is downright scary when off the bike paths!

I thought about trying old 66 to attempt to escape some of the heat, but I’m afraid I’d burn up my motor. I should try it early some day. My regen doesn’t add to much to battery capacity, but it’s nice on downgrades since I only have cheap 160 mechanical brakes :)

Your very nice pictures have encouraged me to ride down by the river. I don’t like going through downtown to get there, though.

Family trip to the library, 5 miles away ... :)
Screen Shot 2018-07-02 at 8.02.15 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-07-02 at 8.02.15 PM.png

I miss the coast- I lived up on Skyline in a commune when I was a lot younger... I think a trail from the crest to the coast goes through that property now. Neighbors used to do it on horseback, but I doubt if ebikes are allowed on it today.
Is that near Saratoga? These photos taken off Empire Grade behind UCSC.

This is the first switchback from my house down to the valley floor:

IMG_8819.JPG

This is looking from the opposite direction about 0.9 mile from my house. The steepest section of road is just above the large boulder (my house is out of sight on the kame terrace just above the road):

IMG_8817.JPG

All I can say is that my driveway is quite an advertisement for the Bosch Performance CX and the Rohloff hub.

More North Coast of OR. 40 mile circumnavigation of the mtn. in the background via logging roads, only one bush whack/elk trail section on the day. Lot's of decision making as the logging roads in that area look like spaghetti on the map. 40 mile day.

West Side

IMG_1101.JPG

East Side

IMG_1090.JPG

Last edited:
From today’s ride on a new-to-me route, the Capital Crescent Trail, which I picked up in Georgetown along the Potomac. It is a gorgeous (and quite popular) rail trail up to Bethesda, MD. The trail runs through this Dalecarlia tunnel, built in 1910.
4B5F4167-FA29-46CD-8F59-73AD805B194E.jpeg

Back