Show us pictures of where you ride your ebikes!

I live in a very rainy area, and decades ago some families built little huts for kids to use when waiting for the school bus. I understand that many have not survived, but today I photographed a couple. Here's my favorite--I love the mossy roof. The two birds are stone figures:

Screen Shot 2018-06-25 at 8.40.42 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-06-25 at 8.40.42 PM.png

I wish I had some of that snow today because it is going to be +100 degrees today in ABQ. Being able to ride at 18-22 mph on my ebike to cool me off is the only way I could bike commute in those types of summer time temps.

That Westchester trail looks like a very nice run, Mark! I gotta come down from Saratoga County sometime and ride that.

Have you ridden the Hudson Valley rail trail that goes from Hopewell Junction up to Poughkeepsie and the Walkway Over the Hudson and almost on to New Paltz? They’ve done a great job with that one as well.

I'm starting to see the sun starting to pop over the Sandia mountains during my 5:30am work commute. Some pics I took when I ride the bike bridge next to the I-40 over the Rio Grande River in ABQ, NM (2016 Radrover). Miles of excellent paved, hardpacked, and single track bike trails running north/south along the Rio Grande river. I sometimes take detours in the afternoon and ride those trails before heading up the bridge to ride home. A lot of folks either ride 2-4 mph or walk their bikes up this bridge because of the steep incline. I can ride 10-15 mph up this incline with my Radrover depending on headwind (10-15 mph, gust +20 mph) and heat (+95 degrees most days in summer).

View attachment 22773View attachment 22774View attachment 22775
Can you ride up to Tijeras? If not, what’s the limitation- battery or torque?

Can you ride up to Tijeras? If not, what’s the limitation- battery or torque?

I probably could ride up from the east end of Albuquerque towards Tijeras canyon and on to the town of Cedar Crest in the Sandia mountains. A two lane road (old Route 66) parallels I-40 hwy with enough shoulder if you wanted to ride in either direction to/from ABQ/Tijeras. Depending on where you start in Albuquerque (5400 feet) to Tijeras (6400 feet) is less than 10 miles. More folks start in Sandi park a few miles up the road and ride road bikes up the 6 or 12 miles on the back side of Sandi mountain to the either the Sandia Peak ski resort or further to the 10,680 foot summit.

I think my rear hub+11.6 Ah battery would make it up to the 12 miles to the summit since the return trip would be just me riding the brakes down? No bike lanes or shoulder to ride in for the summit run. Too much of a chicken to try with so many tourist on that stretch of road.:eek:

I stick mostly with the Rio Grande river paved and dirt trails, designated bike/walk/jogging paved trails around the city, and foothill trails facing Albuquerque.

Back