Show us pictures of where you ride your ebikes!

Last edited:
Vacation Pix. Bikes travel with us.

Sanibel Island on east side. Last January.
P1050843.jpg

A year ago, one of our bigger e-bikes on Ten Mile Creek bike path, going to the Copper Mountain Resort out of Frisco, CO, I'm carrying three spare batteries that we didn't need in the bags.
P1600601.jpg

A rustic road in Wisconsin last month. Very few cars and all are quite courteous, as most drivers up here live
in nearby summer homes.
P1070090.jpg

I think that the first time I heard of the Mason Dixon Line was in 2000 in the song Sailing to Philadelphia by Mark Knopfler. Great song with guest vocals by James Taylor.
Don’t think M/D Line was mentioned in geography lessons in schools in Sweden in the 50’s - 60’s :)

Here in Pennsylvania, children were taught about the importance of the Mason Dixon Line line starting in grade school. I suppose this is no great surprise since it's the states southern boundary.

Over the years, the line has been re surveyed many times and found to be amazingly accurate considering the equipment Mason and Dixon used in the 1760's. Only a few major errors have been found. One such error can be noted in the pictures of my original post. The center picture was taken in 2010 of the monument in place at the time. The pictures on the left and right were taken in 2015 after the most recent survey. As a result, the monument was relocated approximately 200 feet to the south.

Today a friend and I rode half of the Republic WA to Curlew and beyond rails to trail. We had our dogs along so couldn't do the whole thing. We capped off the ride by stopping at the Republic Brewery where the ale was excellent.
Part of this trail is paved and shared with atvs and motorbikes, then it turns into what you see in the picture. I almost dumped my bike whilst enjoying the scenery instead of watching the trail. I hit a sand pocket. I'm thinking the trail improves with packed gravel and then returns to pavement near the state park. We will return, sans dogs, and find out one of these days.

Today a friend and I rode half of the Republic WA to Curlew and beyond rails to trail. We had our dogs along so couldn't do the whole thing. We capped off the ride by stopping at the Republic Brewery where the ale was excellent.
Part of this trail is paved and shared with atvs and motorbikes, then it turns into what you see in the picture. I almost dumped my bike whilst enjoying the scenery instead of watching the trail. I hit a sand pocket. I'm thinking the trail improves with packed gravel and then returns to pavement near the state park. We will return, sans dogs, and find out one of these days.

We were going to ride this trail last summer but it was way too hot midday in July.

This thread makes me envious of the beautiful places some members have to ride in.

Most of the places I ride require an overnight stay and /or a considerable drive. I envy folks like you Allan who can ride from home. I'd love to be able to ride down to the market or hardware store but that is impossible due to local geography.

Longest ride for me so far today.
Only 32kms but I'm getting back into shape slowly. Rode from my house all the way to Deas Island Park and back.
My office is on the way there so I used the opportunity to measure a bike commute.
It took me 38 mins to get to work, but I stopped to take pictures on the way, so I bet I could do it in 30 mins.

This is Burr house (Raymond Burr for those that might remember). His house was relocated to this park from a location on the road I took to get here (River Road)

Total time spent was 2 hours. Avg 20km/h max 40km/h Approx 70% battery left

Brisbane Valley Spring Ride (September 2018) ...
EBR Kholo 2018-09-02aa.jpg

• Overlooking the Brisbane Valley - cattle ranches, scrubby hilltops and not a hint of rain.
  • 40 km ride along the Brisbane Valley Rail Trail and gravel roads.
  • Details of ride on my Ride with GPS record.
  • Photo is taken at turnaround (23 km), looking NW up the valley.
  • Trek Powerfly 5 (seat in drop position for easy mount/dismount).

Last edited by a moderator:
Brisbane Valley Spring Ride (September 2018) ...
View attachment 25278
  • Overlooking the Brisbane Valley - cattle ranches, scrubby hilltops and not a hint of rain.
  • 40 km ride along the Brisbane Valley Rail Trail and gravel roads.
  • Details of ride on my Ride with GPS record.
  • Photo is taken at turnaround (23 km), looking NW up the valley.
  • Trek Powerfly 5 (seat in drop position for easy mount/dismount).
Nicely done!
Lovely scene. I waffle between a dropper and a suspension post.

I waffle between a dropper and a suspension post.
Whichever is chosen, there needs to be sufficient space between the seatpost clamp and saddle rails. My Powerfly 5 has a dropped (or should that be drooping) top tube which Trek markets as WSD as if such a feature is somehow gender specific.

Most of the places I ride require an overnight stay and /or a considerable drive. I envy folks like you Allan who can ride from home. I'd love to be able to ride down to the market or hardware store but that is impossible due to local geography.

I've read that the Acadia carriage trails are closed to ebikes (NP rangers iisue fines). Is that why your truck has a nice regular bike in it?

Drove up to the Dutchess County Trail yesterday to see a new rail trail further to the north. Some interesting differences. No one was wearing a helmet, cars at the intersection very graciously stopped early. The trail was long, flat and very straight and extremely well manicured with tons of benches. We did run across a very large black snake on the road surface which was rather shocking but aside from that it was a great ride!FBC2A588-5192-4F7D-85EF-170D7B31A7F4.jpeg3489D521-5363-442B-8D1F-10552B6C4E95.jpeg89EBA117-07E1-4BDA-BC38-0C050B2DBAA0.jpegC6881117-6029-43CD-B223-0ED085114070.jpeg9925C30C-1010-4E82-B255-DA232606F0F3.jpeg

I've read that the Acadia carriage trails are closed to ebikes (NP rangers iisue fines). Is that why your truck has a nice regular bike in it?

Yes, ebikes are "oficially" banned on most National park trails although enforcement varies from park to park. I did see a few "stealthy" ebikes on the carriage roads on my last Acadia trip. I don't know how strict the enforcement is up there since I didn't risk it.

I see many ebikes on the C&O Canal National Historic Park trails in Maryland. I ride there frequently and have never been approached by a ranger. It's a tough call when planning a national park trip. To be on the safe side, I usually take a conventional bike along with my ebike just in case. You are correct. That's the reason for the conventional bike in the Acadia pictures.

Another ride today with my buddy along the Mud Bay trail. It's almost all compact gravel, with a short amount of pavement. Almost totally flat.
37kms in 2 hours 7 mins. Avg 17.4km/h max 31km/h

Here's a shot looking west. The jutting land mass is Point Roberts which is part of Washington State USA. You can't get there by road from USA, you have to go through Canada. Or by boat from wherever.

Great ride. My friend on his acoustic bike (Rocky Mountain) did extremely well to keep the pace.

Back