Show us pictures of where you ride your ebikes!

North County Trailway, 23 paved miles one way (NY). It connects at the south to a 13-mile paved bicycle trail (South County Trailway) and connects at the North to a 7.5 mile paved bicycle trail (Putnam County Trailway).

The whole trail is about 43 miles one way (86 miles round trip). If you are an avid cyclist or just want to take it easy and have some fun, you may consider taking a ride here.

http://www.nycbikemaps.com/maps/north-and-south-county-trailways-bike-map/

1535983007012.png

1535982957675.png

Last edited:
North County Trailway, 23 paved miles one way (NY). It connects at the south to a 13-mile paved bicycle trail (South County Trailway) and connects at the North to a 7.5 mile paved bicycle trail (Putnam County Trailway).

The whole trail is about 43 miles one way (86 miles round trip). If you are an avid cyclist or just want to take it easy and have some fun, you may consider taking a ride on this place.

http://www.nycbikemaps.com/maps/north-and-south-county-trailways-bike-map/

View attachment 25320

View attachment 25319

This one flew under my radar and isn't far from home. I'll give it a try.
Thanks for posting!

Just back from a vacation in East Hampton New York. Gorgeous as usual. And just such fun. Rode my ebike all over. But here's the thing: of the many many bikers I passed or came across, not one was on an ebike. Where the heck are they?
And frankly, it's the same thing in Connecticut. They are absolutely rare. It still amazes me because, I'm so crazy about mine.

Attachments

• IMG_2854.JPG
    IMG_2854.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 377
  • IMG_2855.JPG
    IMG_2855.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 407
They are getting there. We went to the Island Line Rail trail in Burlington Vt and we saw the most we've seen on a ride. Also a lot of inquiries and interest! We also saw a few in Rochester area on the Erie canal trail
Taz, FYI, I have family north of Burlington in the Champlain islands. I rode in South Hero and did a little piece of the train line from there. As you know, they cater two bikers there. Very cool. Spectacular scenery on the lake!

They are getting there. We went to the Island Line Rail trail in Burlington Vt and we saw the most we've seen on a ride. Also a lot of inquiries and interest! We also saw a few in Rochester area on the Erie canal trail

Is the causeway open on the Island Line Trail yet? It was closed due to storm damage when my wife and I were up there in May. Kind of a disappointment since it's the highlight of the trail.

Is the causeway open on the Island Line Trail yet? It was closed due to storm damage when my wife and I were up there in May. Kind of a disappointment since it's the highlight of the trail.
When I was there about a month ago, though I did not do the whole trail, I was told that it's reopened.

Ran across three Rad Rovers today on the Erie Canal trail system near Schenectady... a couple together on two of them, and another guy a few miles later. First time that’s happened in several thousand miles along that stretch of path.
Dave, I might have told you... I grew up in Amsterdam (NY). Saratoga, Lake George, Albany, Schenectady... all in my blood. Been 45 yrs. But still there. When I hear of your travels, it brings back lots of memories. Great region, great people. Once in a while i get back up there...

Bellarine Rail Trail, Victoria, Australia ...
bellarine_rt_queenscliff_aaa.jpg

• 34 km rail trail from Geelong (pronouned “jlong”) to Queenscliff.
  • About half of the old line has been preserved for vintage steam trains - track just discernible to left of cycle trail.
  • Photo taken near Queensclff (red pin) at the entrance (The Rip) to Melbourne's Port Phillip Bay.
  • It was through The Rip that Jen and I entered Australia in 1972 on the migrant ship Oronsay.
  • Each October thousands of cyclists ride Around the Bay in a Day - 240 km Melbourne back to Melbourne. Regrettably, all of my loops were in pre-ebike days - it's time to rectify that!
bellarine_rt_map.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Kurt, didn’t know that. Have you been back since they built the new park and the terrific pedestrian/bike bridge over the river? It’s really beautiful.

The bike path between Rotterdam Junction and Amsterdam is almost complete now as well, all paved, benches along the way... gets you completely off 5S all the way to Schenectady except for one short section just east of Rotterdam Junction,, by the historic Mabie Farm.

I also see from last Sunday’s ride that they’ve paved the section leading out of Fultonville towards Canajoharie. I plan to ride out to Fort Plain from Amsterdam this weekend and see how far that goes.

For anyone else listening, all these places are some beautiful bike riding, especially with Fall coming up. I’m already starting to see some early leaves down on the trail around Schenectady and some of the wetland areas in those woods are showing early color on places... even though it was 90 degrees two days ago!

F96AD019-60B6-48E2-ACB3-E51473CE5FF5.jpeg

The Salisbury Viaduct along the Great Allegheny Passage (GAP) trail near Meyersdale PA. At nearly 2000' long, the Salisbury spans the Cassleman River, the CSX Railroad and 4 lane US 219.

GAP Salisbury 1a.jpg GAP Salisbury 2a.jpg GAP Salisbury 3a.jpg

One of the last trains to use the viaduct circa 1975.

GAP Salisbury 4.jpg

Back