Show us pictures of where you ride your ebikes!

IMG_8831.JPG
IMG_8832.JPG

I wish more locations had that style bike rack. All I see in the places I ride are the old vertical bar type which can easily damage a bike.
I mostly see the vertical bar type as well, including the rack I use at the office. However, very often I get space at the outside left or right end of one of those racks and that's where I choose to hook up my lock. Since I have a rack and pannier on the real, the rear wheel seldom ever fits into those tight narrow vertical spaces.

Bellarine Rail Trail, Victoria, Australia ...
View attachment 25414
  • 34 km rail trail from Geelong (pronouned “jlong”) to Queenscliff.
  • About half of the old line has been preserved for vintage steam trains - track just discernible to left of cycle trail.
  • Photo taken near Queensclff (red pin) at the entrance (The Rip) to Melbourne's Port Phillip Bay.
  • It was through The Rip that Jen and I entered Australia in 1972 on the migrant ship Oronsay.
  • Each October thousands of cyclists ride Around the Bay in a Day - 240 km Melbourne back to Melbourne. Regrettably, all of my loops were in pre-ebike days - it's time to rectify that!
View attachment 25415
Hi David. Forgive the ignorance. I always seem to lose track of the seasons elsewhere. (As we leave summer and head into autumn here in the northeastern US). What is the season now in AU?

Hey Kurt, didn’t know that. Have you been back since they built the new park and the terrific pedestrian/bike bridge over the river? It’s really beautiful.

The bike path between Rotterdam Junction and Amsterdam is almost complete now as well, all paved, benches along the way... gets you completely off 5S all the way to Schenectady except for one short section just east of Rotterdam Junction,, by the historic Mabie Farm.

I also see from last Sunday’s ride that they’ve paved the section leading out of Fultonville towards Canajoharie. I plan to ride out to Fort Plain from Amsterdam this weekend and see how far that goes.

For anyone else listening, all these places are some beautiful bike riding, especially with Fall coming up. I’m already starting to see some early leaves down on the trail around Schenectady and some of the wetland areas in those woods are showing early color on places... even though it was 90 degrees two days ago!

View attachment 25418
Dave, no, not been back in quite a while. If I do get back up your way, it will probably involve Saratoga in August. I hear the region buzzes then, and even has some horse racing... :) (Yes, sarcasm). Love the area.

What is the season now in AU?
Kurt ...
By general convention Australians regard seasons as commencing on the first day of September (spring), December (summer), March (autumn) and June (winter). And for most of each day, we are living in "tomorrow" - or as the time app screenshot shows you're behind us in "yesterday" (the dark entries are for last night separating us).

Madrid is included because I'm watching the Vuelta a Espana in Asturias, my favourite part of Spain... and where I've often ridden my pseudo-ebike - road bike on a smart trainer with videos of Spain, Marin Headlands, Scotland and other places from someone's real ride on the iPad screen; and the gradient set to 50% of whatever it really is and never to be more than 5%.
... David
weather_time_250.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Kurt ...
By general convention Australians regard seasons as "officially" commencing on the first day of September (spring), December (summer), March (autumn) and June (winter). And for most of each day, we are living in "tomorrow"!
... David
Enjoy the Spring!

Have you been back since they built the new park and the terrific pedestrian/bike bridge over the river? It’s really beautiful.

The bike path between Rotterdam Junction and Amsterdam is almost complete now as well, all paved, benches along the way... gets you completely off 5S all the way to Schenectady except for one short section just east of Rotterdam Junction,, by the historic Mabie Farm.

I also see from last Sunday’s ride that they’ve paved the section leading out of Fultonville towards Canajoharie. I plan to ride out to Fort Plain from Amsterdam this weekend and see how far that goes.

For anyone else listening, all these places are some beautiful bike riding, especially with Fall coming up. I’m already starting to see some early leaves down on the trail around Schenectady and some of the wetland areas in those woods are showing early color on places... even though it was 90 degrees two days ago!

View attachment 25418

@Saratoga Dave: It's been a few years since I rode the Canalway trail. My wife and I are planning a trip up there this fall. Where did they build that pedestrian / bike bridge?

Here are a couple of shots I took on our last ride up there between Rome and Utica:

Erie Canalway Canandagua 2a.jpg Erie Canalway Canandagua 1a.jpg Erie Canalway Utica 1a.jpg

We liked the spot at lock 21 where the trail takes you across the lock gate. Definitely had to walk the bike there! LOL

Erie Canalway Canandagua 3a.jpg

It looks like a lot of improvements have been made since our last visit. We're looking forward to seeing them!

Late afternoon and evening ride Saturday 8 October
Took the commuter train from a nearby station( 2km) Then went northeast by train with my Vado and 22km and 25minutes later I was out of town in a place called Kungsangen. Rode 3km southwest to visit some friends for a short while and then set off north into the countryside.

Kungs -Marsta_1.jpg

Kungs -Marsta_2.jpg

Kungs -Marsta_3.jpg

Kungs -Marsta_4.jpg

Kungs -Marsta_5.jpg

Kungs -Marsta_6.jpg

Last pic is taken at 8pm and a bit overexposed so it doesn´t really show it´s getting dark. From there I had 22km via the small city Sigtuna to ride to Marsta ( 35km north of Stockholm) to catch the train home again. It was really dark the last hour. Decent lighting on the Vado I think. At 9.25 pm I took the train (25min) back to Stockholm/Solna.

In all I rode 58km (36miles) that evening and arrived home at 10pm. I suggest starting erlier than 5pm for this tour :)
I wasn´t tired ( e-bikes are great) and could have continued on the bike home but I was cold and hungry and didn´t want to do the ultimate range test in the middle of the night.

Last edited:
@Saratoga Dave: It's been a few years since I rode the Canalway trail. My wife and I are planning a trip up there this fall. Where did they build that pedestrian / bike bridge?

Here are a couple of shots I took on our last ride up there between Rome and Utica:

View attachment 25521 View attachment 25520 View attachment 25523

We liked the spot at lock 21 where the trail takes you across the lock gate. Definitely had to walk the bike there! LOL

View attachment 25522

It looks like a lot of improvements have been made since our last visit. We're looking forward to seeing them!
Look gorgeous. Lot of history there too!

Very windy today. 8m/s ( 17.5mph) and gusts at 16m/s ( 35mph). I almost fell over once.
I pass this spot several times a week on my way to my office.
Hornsberg.jpg

Don´t need an e-bike for the 4 mile ride to the office but now that I´ve got it and like it (despite all my complaints:)) I ride it. It´s fun. Great when tackling a strong headwind.

Last edited:
Back