Show us pictures of where you ride your ebikes!

I had to get our boat's life raft down to Seattle for annual service and re-certification. While I was in the city waiting, I took a ride around Green Lake and then met up with Dan Richman, an ebike buddy I met on this forum. Dan rides a Riese & Muller Supercomuter Rohloff HS. We had a great ride on the Burke Gillman Trail from Ballard, along Lake Union, through the University of Washington and on the Magnusen Park. It was a lovely day, we had a fun ride, we swapped bike for a while. The Supercomuter is an impressive bike. Dinner at Senor Moose in Ballard to cap it off. Truly a fun afternoon.

View attachment 32580

View attachment 32581
Supercommuter is a Trek model? Do you mean Supercharger? How are you enjoying the Delite ? Is it your favorite now?

Supercommuter is a Trek model? Do you mean Supercharger? How are you enjoying the Delite ? Is it your favorite now?
Steve, your are correct. Thank for catching that error. He does indeed have a Supercharger, in the electric blue color. It really is a stunning bike. I am really digging the Delight. With the CX motor is is a surprisingly agile and eager bike to ride. While delivering a very stable and comfortable ride, it is actually a very sporty ride. I think part of this is due to my increased conditioning. Late March and April have had quite good weather for riding, allowing me to put in 427 miles in the last 10 days of March and over 800 mile thus far in April. I find my self putting out more wattage and riding faster. I still love the Homage but the new one has warranty issues that are awaiting a fix so I am riding the Delight for now with Super Moto X tires until the Homage is ridable again. Hector at Sand Diego Fly rides is taking very good care of me and should have the Homage up and running soon. He is working with a top local bike mechanic to do the work. It is actually a know issue with the new Homage frames where the swing are pivot sockets are slightly out of alignment, producing a creaking noise that resonates through the bike, aided by the hollow battery chamber in the down tube.

Yesterday's ride got me dangerously close to your fair country, near Abbotsford. We should do another ride sometime. Come on down ;)

Steve, your are correct. Thank for catching that error. He does indeed have a Supercharger, in the electric blue color. It really is a stunning bike. I am really digging the Delight. With the CX motor is is a surprisingly agile and eager bike to ride. While delivering a very stable and comfortable ride, it is actually a very sporty ride. I think part of this is due to my increased conditioning. Late March and April have had quite good weather for riding, allowing me to put in 427 miles in the last 10 days of March and over 800 mile thus far in April. I find my self putting out more wattage and riding faster. I still love the Homage but the new one has warranty issues that are awaiting a fix so I am riding the Delight for now with Super Moto X tires until the Homage is ridable again. Hector at Sand Diego Fly rides is taking very good care of me and should have the Homage up and running soon. He is working with a top local bike mechanic to do the work. It is actually a know issue with the new Homage frames where the swing are pivot sockets are slightly out of alignment, producing a creaking noise that resonates through the bike, aided by the hollow battery chamber in the down tube.

Yesterday's ride got me dangerously close to your fair country, near Abbotsford. We should do another ride sometime. Come on down ;)
Yeah ......I wonder how it would work if I parked the car on this side of the border and pedal across? I have plenty of batteries. Perhaps I could take Hannegan road?

Last edited:
Yeah ......I wonder how it would work if I parked the car on this side of the border and pedal across? I have plenty of batteries. Perhaps I could take Hannegan road?
Hannegan has decent bike lanes but lots of cars and trucks. Kind if noisy & stinky. Do you have a rack yet?

The Bikespeed RS makes the CX rock. All the torque and speed-limited by gearing only and how fast you can spin.

today's ride ...my wife is finally feeling well enough to ride again ...hurray!
1556574397856.png

I’m back!
What I mean to say is I have an e-bike again. Some may remember my red Vado 4.0 was stolen late October. But that’s history now. A new 2020 Vado 5.0 is the replacement. The new 1.3motor and the largest battery made me go for this model.
A few photos from my ride home from the Specialized store and maybe more bike than environment:)
Picked up the bike just before closing time 18.00. Tomorrow is a holiday ( Labourday ).
First 2 pictures are from the area where the Specialized Concept store is located. It’s a 7.5mile ride from where I live.
Last pic is from one of the quays in the old town, overlooking another small island.
1DC29380-27BB-4D72-9BFA-F5679820847D.jpeg C281CCBA-D8BD-4B70-B9DB-95149738AF87.jpeg 360C5419-FAD0-4E9C-81B9-B2358F98A076.jpeg
(wish I knew how to post fullsize pictures)
The bike was running great on the way home. So strong but smooth power delivery. I had forgotten how fun e-biking is:)

I’m back!
What I mean to say is I have an e-bike again. Some may remember my red Vado 4.0 was stolen late October. But that’s history now. A new 2020 Vado 5.0 is the replacement. The new 1.3motor and the largest battery made me go for this model.
A few photos from my ride home from the Specialized store and maybe more bike than environment:)
Picked up the bike just before closing time 18.00. Tomorrow is a holiday ( Labourday ).
First 2 pictures are from the area where the Specialized Concept store is located. It’s a 7.5mile ride from where I live.
Last pic is from one of the quays in the old town, overlooking another small island.
View attachment 32728 View attachment 32729 View attachment 32730
The bike was running great on the way home. So strong but smooth power delivery. I had forgotten how fun e-biking is:)
Looks awesome! What range are you expecting with the new battery?

Looks awesome! What range are you expecting with the new battery?
Range will be very interesting to find out!
What am I expecting? My new battery is 600Wh.
I’ve been thinking maybe 75 miles (120km) when I’m out in the countryside and carry some luggage. Specialized range calculator ”promises” more. That calculator makes a big differences between flat areas and hills though.
On my way home the battery percentage dropped 7-8% in 7.5 miles and that indicates I could expect 90-100 miles!
I’ll report later when we’ve covered more miles.

I’m back!
View attachment 32728 View attachment 32729 View attachment 32730
Nice looking bike, its always exciting taking a new bike out for its first trip :D I hope you have many fun miles riding your new steed :)

Wish I knew how to post fullsize pictures.
PaD …
On your computer, place the cursor where you want the photo to appear. It's best to press Enter/Return so that the photo will be on a new line.
  • Press Command + P or Control + P.
  • Click on the Drop Image / Click Here box.
2019_04_30_a_pad.jpg

• After placing the image, press Enter/Return and continue typing on the next line.
Pad, your images are already web-friendly (no more than 1500 pixels wide and less than 1 MB in file size) so comments about using server space and using up mobile phone data do not apply to your photos. Your photo above is less than 0.33 MB – that's very small; about one-tenth of the size of most photos referenced by thumbnails.

The EBR Forum is 'responsive' (meaning able to be displayed correctly on computers, tablets or smartphones whether they be in portrait or landscape mode) so there is also no problem with display size. (Test by turning your smartphone between portrait/vertical and landscape/horizontal.)

Fabulous ebike!
… David

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm often torn on full-sized images in the postings (vs. choosing to display as thumbnail, which can then be clicked by the viewer, to view the full size).
I often access EBRF via my iphone, and many times while I'm out at a park during a long ride, where my cell signal is consistently weak.
A long thread like this, with dozens of full-size images in the thread, takes so much longer to open up than a thread of thumbnails. (I've never examined the hit to my cellular data plan, now that you mention it. But the only months I exceed my data plan's "included limit" are months I'm heavily on EBRF via phone.)

(But today, I'm using a PC, so it makes no difference to me right now ;)

Chris, what are you doing on the phone while out? You're supposed to be riding! Of course taking ride pics is allowed.

Chris, what are you doing on the phone while out? You're supposed to be riding! Of course taking ride pics is allowed.

@Jaxx the phone use is typically after I've ridden a bit, I'll stop in a local park for a breather, some water, relax in the sun, etc., and sometimes I then pop into EBRF while simply enjoying sitting out in the park...

DEFINITELY not checking the website WHILE I'm riding...! Even attempting a quick photo or short video, while biking, quickly makes me apprehensive!
I also don't wish to add fresh examples of distracted riders to the surrounding public... Can't maintain my silent moral outrage at distracted pedestrians on the trails, if I'm a distracted rider! ;)

@Jaxx the phone use is typically after I've ridden a bit, I'll stop in a local park for a breather, some water, relax in the sun, etc., and sometimes I then pop into EBRF while simply enjoying sitting out in the park...

DEFINITELY not checking the website WHILE I'm riding...! Even attempting a quick photo or short video, while biking, quickly makes me apprehensive!
I also don't wish to add fresh examples of distracted riders to the surrounding public... Can't maintain my silent moral outrage at distracted pedestrians on the trails, if I'm a distracted rider! ;)

I like that Chris, "Pop into EBRF" Just like it's the local corner shop.

I'm often torn on full-sized images in the postings (vs. choosing to display as thumbnail, which can then be clicked by the viewer, to view the full size).
I often access EBRF via my iphone, and many times while I'm out at a park during a long ride, where my cell signal is consistently weak.
A long thread like this, with dozens of full-size images in the thread, takes so much longer to open up than a thread of thumbnails. (I've never examined the hit to my cellular data plan, now that you mention it. But the only months I exceed my data plan's "included limit" are months I'm heavily on EBRF via phone.)

(But today, I'm using a PC, so it makes no difference to me right now ;)
You do have a point with cellular data plan. I too sometimes access EBR at a café or restaurant or anywhere. For the moment I have a fairly generous data plan as I’ve needed that for work but I’m trying hard not to work and will soon have to pay my data plan with my taxed pension. So less GB is my reality soon.

PaD …
On your computer, place the cursor where you want the photo to appear. It's best to press Enter/Return so that the photo will be on a new line.
  • Press Command + P or Control + P.
  • Click on the Drop Image / Click Here box.
View attachment 32757
  • After placing the image, press Enter/Return and continue typing on the next line.
Pad, your images are already web-friendly (no more than 1500 pixels wide and less than 1 MB in file size) so comments about using server space and using up mobile phone data do not apply to your photos. Your photo above is less than 0.33 MB – that's very small; about one-tenth of the size of most photos referenced by thumbnails.

The EBR Forum is 'responsive' (meaning able to be displayed correctly on computers, tablets or smartphones whether they be in portrait or landscape mode) so there is also no problem with display size. (Test by turning your smartphone between portrait/vertical and landscape/horizontal.)

Fabulous ebike!
… David
Thanks a lot David.
I do downsize ( downscale) photos before posting but I use my iPad most of the time and it seems like some apps also compress without me asking for it. I should/could use my computer for posting photos to have better control over downsizing with e.g. Photoshop Elements.

Did a little tour around Stockholm today. Not so inviting weather but I wanted to ride my new bike and get miles on it to start to get a feel for what range I can expect.
34.8km (21.5 miles) is what I managed in the afternoon. Started at about 14.30.
8B7E8230-15A3-42A8-8071-96909D334C8E.jpeg 7389F4A6-C782-45F2-ADA9-E4AA3F338A20.jpeg

Had a short look at some demonstrators in the labour day procession in central Stockholm and then to a favorite viewpoint in the south part of the city. There is an ice cream and coffe shop there so I had a coffe and a roll.
CEEF24DB-167C-4EA4-A5D7-F025BCD127E5.jpeg B3F1FBAD-8787-4042-8777-834CA0A412A5.jpeg

Then on to the ”far east” and then north. Tried to get a pic of a deer in a forrest or park area where I used to run as exercise many many years ago.

7F9DB1A2-BCAA-40CA-A8EA-E2F555887784.jpeg 8F0E3732-D9EF-4AD4-88F4-D3175A5C0996.jpeg

On a sunny day I would have taken more photos to show you but a grey cold day and a black bicycle isn’t too inspiring.

Back