Show us pictures of where you ride your ebikes!

Here are a few more images from Axedale cycle.

Attachments

• 20190109_094753.jpg
    20190109_094753.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 373
  • Photo1891.jpg
    Photo1891.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 355
  • Photo1894.jpg
    Photo1894.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 353
  • Photo1896.jpg
    Photo1896.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 366
  • Photo1897.jpg
    Photo1897.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 363
  • Photo1898.jpg
    Photo1898.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 365
City riding. Naples. Quite nice here.

Attachments

• M1090110.JPG
    M1090110.JPG
    1,006.9 KB · Views: 346
  • M1090107.jpg
    M1090107.jpg
    785.7 KB · Views: 357
  • M1090158-1.jpg
    M1090158-1.jpg
    584.7 KB · Views: 364
  • M1090162-1.jpg
    M1090162-1.jpg
    679.9 KB · Views: 338
Last edited:
One of the last rides I made last fall on the McDade Trail in the Delaware River National Recreation Area. Technically, E-bikes are banned on this Federal trail system but the park rangers I've talked with don't have a problem with them locally. My guess is they are trying to increase the number of park visitors and are loathe to turn anyone away.

P1070118a.jpg P1070116a.jpg P1070120a.jpg P1070123a.jpg P1070126a.jpg

"E-bikes are banned on this Federal trail system...."

Is that the case for all Federal trails?

It varies from location to location. In general, ebikes are considered motorized vehicles by the feds and are not permitted on non motorized trails on federal land. Exceptions are made in some trail locations though mostly on paved paths & roads suitable for vehicle use. I've found it pays to call ahead and ask before planning a trip.

It varies from location to location. In general, ebikes are considered motorized vehicles by the feds and are not permitted on non motorized trails on federal land. Exceptions are made in some trail locations though mostly on paved paths & roads suitable for vehicle use. I've found it pays to call ahead and ask before planning a trip.
but if the Govt is closed who is going to stop you right now?

"E-bikes are banned on this Federal trail system...."

Is that the case for all Federal trails?

I can make this pretty simple:

• Nearly all National Parks and National Monuments ban e-bikes except on roads open to the public.
  • Bicycles and e-bikes are prohibited in all designated wilderness areas. Most areas of most National Parks (except for built-up front country areas and anyplace within a few dozen feet of the centerline of any road) are designated wilderness. So even if the first point wasn't the case you still probably couldn't ride your e-bike (or any bike) in a National Park.
  • In most areas administered by the USFS (United States Forest Service) and BLM (Bureau of Land Management) if your e-bike is legal to operate in that state you won't have a problem on a trail that allows bicycles. In practice, rangers who can cite you are extremely rare on USFS and BLM land so even if you aren't legal you are extremely unlikely to be cited.
  • National Recreation Areas are typically managed by NPS (National Park Service), so make the same general assumptions that you would in National Parks.
  • Designated wilderness areas can be managed by any agency, not only the National Park Service. Again, bicycles and e-bikes are prohibited in designated wilderness.
  • National Scenic Trails are generally administered by NPS and likely have the same restrictions that you'd have in any national park.
  • The rules in Alaska are different. Although for all practical purposes that won't matter if you are on an e-bike.
There are some ambiguous situations. The Going To The Sun Road in Glacier National Park is closed in winter. In the spring (usually around April) they begin plowing the enormous amounts of snow on the road, and on weekends the road, still closed to automobiles, is open to bicycles. I don't specifically know if you can take your e-bike on the road during that time but I really can't see why you couldn't.

About 70 miles east of Naples, at the edge of the Florida Everglades is a 15 mile loop for bikes, hikers and trams. Trams run clockwise and bikes go counterclockwise to alleviate conflict, plus there isn't much tram traffic. The distance seems short, but if you're a city slicker, you spend a lot of time gawking at gators and water birds.

A crow opened my rear bag and stole a banana when I wandered off to climb an observation tower.

The same guy who put the 25% tariff on chinese ebikes also has this park closed with the gummint shutdown, but NPS let people come in for free (saving them the $14 admission although we had a lifetime senior pass). A private concession rents regular bikes and runs the tram tours. Almost all the bikes were gone by noon. They still have one ranger in a truck making sure no one messed with the wildlife. $1000 fine to feed them. I guess that includes the crow. I wasn't there though. An eyewitness showed me the empty peel on the ground.

With a stiff wind coming back, the folks on regular bikes were working hard to get home.P1100213.jpgP1100284.jpgP1100249.jpgP1100236.jpgP1100239.jpgP1100207.jpgP1100248.jpg

About 70 miles east of Naples, at the edge of the Florida Everglades is a 15 mile loop for bikes, hikers and trams. Trams run clockwise and bikes go counterclockwise to alleviate conflict, plus there isn't much tram traffic. The distance seems short, but if you're a city slicker, you spend a lot of time gawking at gators and water birds.

A crow opened my rear bag and stole a banana when I wandered off to climb an observation tower.

The same guy who put the 25% tariff on chinese ebikes also has this park closed with the gummint shutdown, but NPS let people come in for free (saving them the $14 admission although we had a lifetime senior pass). A private concession rents regular bikes and runs the tram tours. Almost all the bikes were gone by noon. They still have one ranger in a truck making sure no one messed with the wildlife. $1000 fine to feed them. I guess that includes the crow. I wasn't there though. An eyewitness showed me the empty peel on the ground.

With a stiff wind coming back, the folks on regular bikes were working hard to get home.View attachment 28792View attachment 28793View attachment 28794View attachment 28795View attachment 28796View attachment 28797View attachment 28798
How bad were the no seeums?

Back