Show us pictures of where you ride your ebikes!

I’m really excited about this. The Foothills Trail extension to Enumclaw, with a new bridge over the White River, is actually happening. They started earlier this year, and expect to complete it in early 2024. When completed, it will run from Puyallup to Enumclaw, for a round trip distance of 44 miles. Eventually, it will be extended into the foothills.

Sounds like it will be nice. I'd like to get down that way to ride that trail and the Cedar River Trail sometime. In theory, the FHT is only about a 5 mile bike ride from my door if I take the 2hr Sounder ride down. The north Sounder is pretty useless though unless you only work bankers hours in downtown Seattle.

Sounds like it will be nice. I'd like to get down that way to ride that trail and the Cedar River Trail sometime. In theory, the FHT is only about a 5 mile bike ride from my door if I take the 2hr Sounder ride down. The north Sounder is pretty useless though unless you only work bankers hours in downtown Seattle.
I’ve ridden the Cedar River trail. A portion of it runs next to a highway, so it’s rather noisy. But, the river section made it worth it for at least one ride. That section is gravel, but was in pretty good shape when I was there.

The Cedar River Trail connects with the Burt Gilman trail, and I believe with several others. I’ve not ridden those though. The Burt Gilman in particular doesn’t interest me, as my understanding is it runs through through largely industrial areas.

Ride today was 47km on the flats again. Higher effort on my part resulted in another "fastest 40km" mostly on pavement.
Not a lot of stops for pics, but some...

Here's a loon... no, not me... the bird on the log!

Some haze off in the distance, but not too bad where I am...

A huge hothouse growing operation. Looks like tomato plants inside...

What the... ??? Seen at Mud Bay...

Had to stop for water at 37kms...

Fastest 40km came at 1hr 37.5mins...

@DaveMatthews - Love this shot of what looks to be of your Jolly Green Giant. 👍

1694312354260.png

View attachment 162308
For Sale: Charming floathome located in prime spot at Mud Bay with splendid south exposure. The main floor is all about the open plan seating area and den opening onto the deck. Laundry and 1 piece bathroom on same level. The price reflects that some maintenance work is needed.

I was thinking of making an offer on this one but I might get a better deal on yours! 😄

c9a2fd28c62d46fcb2f8ee61af1d99ec.jpg

I was thinking of making an offer on this one but I might get a better deal on yours! 😄

View attachment 162409
I say take the plunge. The Mudbay shanty is also home to a family of otters who have nested in the floatation system of derelict logs. Did I mention the unobstructed views and some even from the floorboards? Can’t get any closer to nature’s bounty than that. If you have friends who are divers, they could also be placed on your list of emergency call numbers.

I decided to go for a different jaunt today. Part 1.
The idea was to go from North Vancouver to West Vancouver on the North Shore, culminating in a nostalgic visit to my old stomping grounds where there was a distinct failure in me "growing up".
I decided to drive to Cates Park in N Van close to Deep Cove, and beach the car there...

I've launched boats here as well, and one was with my band to play on a boat access only location for the evening...

The road from Cates heading West is less than bike friendly, busy but overall OK...

I had taken the time to grab some cash and drop by our band practice studio to pay the rent for September...

Doctor Dave has some bad news for you... it's Terminal... it's a grain tumor...

Here's a boat. The owner probably calls it a "yacht". Pffft... I bet it's MAYBE 120'... what a pretender...

Paddle wheeler, and the "Sea Bus" which goes between N Van and Vancouver all day...

View of N Van from the Lonsdale Quay area looking North...

This is one of the areas of the Squamish Nation...

Approaching the Lions Gate Bridge which separates N Van and W Van...

How dare you sir!

I decided to go for a different jaunt today. Part 1.
The idea was to go from North Vancouver to West Vancouver on the North Shore, culminating in a nostalgic visit to my old stomping grounds where there was a distinct failure in me "growing up".
I decided to drive to Cates Park in N Van close to Deep Cove, and beach the car there...

I've launched boats here as well, and one was with my band to play on a boat access only location for the evening...

The road from Cates heading West is less than bike friendly, busy but overall OK...

I had taken the time to grab some cash and drop by our band practice studio to pay the rent for September...

Doctor Dave has some bad news for you... it's Terminal... it's a grain tumor...

Here's a boat. The owner probably calls it a "yacht". Pffft... I bet it's MAYBE 120'... what a pretender...

Paddle wheeler, and the "Sea Bus" which goes between N Van and Vancouver all day...

View of N Van from the Lonsdale Quay area looking North...

This is one of the areas of the Squamish Nation...

Approaching the Lions Gate Bridge which separates N Van and W Van...

How dare you sir!

Great pics Dave. Vancouver is on my bucket list-especially in the summer when it is 115 Fahrenheit here in Palm Springs...

Part 2...

Now entering West Vancouver...

Ambleside Park is a lovely spot where much of my youth was spent. Beautiful sandy beach with all of the "visuals"...

Stanley Park in the distance. On the right is Siwash Rock, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siwash_Rock

Dude is serious...

This is the location where the failure of my growing up was realized. 2379 Marine Drive. Back in the day (1960) it was a different house. It was purchased for $16,500. In 1983 it was sold for $285,000. Then torn down and turned into the duplex you see here...

Two blocks away stands the elementary school I attended (Irwin Park). I recall hearing over the PA "Dave Matthews to the office please, Dave Matthews to the office!".
Horrified, I was excused and traversed to the office with much trepidation and wondering what I had done!
When I got there I saw another boy there. I asked him what his name was and he said Dave Matthews!
Thankfully it was him they wished to speak to.

Dundarave Beach and pier where I spent most of my youth fishing, boating, paddleboarding, hanging around fires and getting into mischief (maybe). It was 2 blocks from my house...

Dundarave is a little hamlet with a single block of interesting shops with almost everything you need...

I hightailed it back to Cates after my nostalgic visit. I was hoping to get off of the North Shore before rush hour which can be brutal.

Great day. Fun ride.

Part 2...

Now entering West Vancouver...

Ambleside Park is a lovely spot where much of my youth was spent. Beautiful sandy beach with all of the "visuals"...

Stanley Park in the distance. On the right is Siwash Rock, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siwash_Rock

Dude is serious...

This is the location where the failure of my growing up was realized. 2379 Marine Drive. Back in the day (1960) it was a different house. It was purchased for $16,500. In 1983 it was sold for $285,000. Then torn down and turned into the duplex you see here...

Two blocks away stands the elementary school I attended (Irwin Park). I recall hearing over the PA "Dave Matthews to the office please, Dave Matthews to the office!".
Horrified, I was excused and traversed to the office with much trepidation and wondering what I had done!
When I got there I saw another boy there. I asked him what his name was and he said Dave Matthews!
Thankfully it was him they wished to speak to.

Dundarave Beach and pier where I spent most of my youth fishing, boating, paddleboarding, hanging around fires and getting into mischief (maybe). It was 2 blocks from my house...

Dundarave is a little hamlet with a single block of interesting shops with almost everything you need...

I hightailed it back to Cates after my nostalgic visit. I was hoping to get off of the North Shore before rush hour which can be brutal.

Great day. Fun ride.
Awesome ride report, Dave! Super stoked that you were able to show us your stomping grounds. Thanks for sharing. 👍

Back