Show us pictures of where you ride your ebikes!

Today's ride - 18 miles on the Mt. Vernon trail along the Potomac River in Washington DC. From Theodore Roosevelt island to Alexandria and back. Beautiful day, and great scenery from the trail of the capital buildings and bridges . Below is the Washington Monument with a tour boat passing on the river.

As of the first of September the trail (governed by the National Park Service) was opened to ebikes. Hooray!!

Still had 54 miles on the battery at the end since cruising along this trail is fairly flat. Hubby had enjoyed a walk around Theodore Roosevelt island while I was biking, then relaxed at the riverside and read. We walked the TR Island trail together after my ride so I could enjoy the island as well. A relaxing, fun day for the both of us.

Thanks to @Dewey and @christob for recommending this trail as a nice place to ride.
Washington-Memorial-Mt-Vernon-trail-10-23-19.jpg

Last edited:
Haven’t been riding for over three weeks I think, just a couple of trips to the office last week.
Today was grey and cold but not raining but really I wanted to get out. Rode to a bike shop to look for some e-bikes with internal gearing and also a coaster brake. For a friend.
Then rode to the office to get some prints. My office is at the appendix bottom left on the route map. It started to rain but it was only a very light drizzle so I countinued through towb out to the park area Djurgården.
Stopped ar Rosendal where they grow and sell plants and flowers etc. They also have a nice café in old green houses. Had a coffee and a cinnamon roll.
Cheched out a new bridge for pedestrians (and cyclist?) and the followed the canal to the last bridge and then returned home.
Rode 28km. It was 6°C when I started at 14.00 and 4-5°C (40°F) when I returned but still a pleasant afternoon.

40538 40543 40540 40542 40546 40545 40544 40549 40547 40548

Today was cloudy and dismal and drippy so decided to do the ebike-with-trailer ride day to do road cleanup. Not a long ride because of the weather, mostly stop and start for about 6 miles of gravel roads. Used my old hub conversion ebike with the throttle. I have it set up to pull the converted baby trailer with a frame for the litter bags.

Was only 1/2 mile from home when I heard the furious galloping of hooves on the gravel road behind me - one of the whips from our local foxhunt came flying down the road and pulled up to a halt next to me to flank the foxhound pack which was running hard and singing furiously in the woods across the way. His horse gave my bike and trailer the stink eye, then ignored me as the pack's song swelled in our direction. It was glorious music, so the whip and I stood listening to the magnificent rise and fall of hound voices until about 10 minutes later it finally faded to one or two forlorn yips and boo-hoos with the loss of the scent. (We have very smart foxes who know their territory like the back of their paw, can run a smart circle around the countryside then drop the pack with aplomb) . Got this shot of the whip just before he said goodbye to me and disappeared into the underbrush to meet up with the gathered pack and the huntsman.

I went on my merry way as the intermittent drizzle continued to fall, picking up litter along the way, and stopping to talk to neighbors. It was fun to get the old ebike back out again, and get the roads cleaned at the same time. It was pretty, too, with the trees finally starting to change.
IMG_20191026_PiedmontFoxhoundsWhip.jpg

Today was cloudy and dismal and drippy so decided to do the ebike-with-trailer ride day to do road cleanup. Not a long ride because of the weather, mostly stop and start for about 6 miles of gravel roads. Used my old hub conversion ebike with the throttle. I have it set up to pull the converted baby trailer with a frame for the litter bags.

Was only 1/2 mile from home when I heard the furious galloping of hooves on the gravel road behind me - one of the whips from our local foxhunt came flying down the road and pulled up to a halt next to me to flank the foxhound pack which was running hard and singing furiously in the woods across the way. His horse gave my bike and trailer the stink eye, then ignored me as the pack's song swelled in our direction. It was glorious music, so the whip and I stood listening to the magnificent rise and fall of hound voices until about 10 minutes later it finally faded to one or two forlorn yips and boo-hoos with the loss of the scent. (We have very smart foxes who know their territory like the back of their paw, can run a smart circle around the countryside then drop the pack with aplomb) . Got this shot of the whip just before he said goodbye to me and disappeared into the underbrush to meet up with the gathered pack and the huntsman.

I went on my merry way as the intermittent drizzle continued to fall, picking up litter along the way, and stopping to talk to neighbors. It was fun to get the old ebike back out again, and get the roads cleaned at the same time. It was pretty, too, with the trees finally starting to change.
View attachment 40562

Could so easily be a Sunday morning scene, here in the East Riding of Yorkshire. Except fox hunting is now illegal, hounds get taken out on a scent hunt trail. But the visual scene and aura to a meet remains unchanging.

Back from a tour of Holland and Northern Germany , superb cycling infrastructure in place , + lots of space for bikes on their rail trains .

Attachments

• IMG_0038.JPG
    IMG_0038.JPG
    714.9 KB · Views: 395
  • IMG_0043.JPG
    IMG_0043.JPG
    579.4 KB · Views: 395
  • IMG_0045.JPG
    IMG_0045.JPG
    451.8 KB · Views: 399
  • IMG_0052.JPG
    IMG_0052.JPG
    305.7 KB · Views: 410
  • IMG_0057.JPG
    IMG_0057.JPG
    464.4 KB · Views: 392
  • IMG_0064.JPG
    IMG_0064.JPG
    412.6 KB · Views: 393
  • IMG_0094.JPG
    IMG_0094.JPG
    488.6 KB · Views: 397
  • IMG_0079.JPG
    IMG_0079.JPG
    340.5 KB · Views: 384
  • IMG_0036.JPG
    IMG_0036.JPG
    766 KB · Views: 393
  • IMG_0049.JPG
    IMG_0049.JPG
    386.5 KB · Views: 350
Back from a tour of Holland and Northern Germany , superb cycling infrastructure in place , + lots of space for bikes on their rail trains .

Great photos of what looks like a most enjoyable bike expedition. It appears your Supercharger carried a heavy load well. Thanks for sharing such interesting photos of your trip.

Great photos of what looks like a most enjoyable bike expedition. It appears your Supercharger carried a heavy load well. Thanks for sharing such interesting photos of your trip.
Many thanks, bike sure holds it well, the balance is awesome, especially down hills and getting well over 100 miles per day in Eco mode on superb purpose built bike lanes .

Last edited:
Back