I'm also a big fan of the Park Tool stand. I have an older PCS 9 but it suits my needs exceptionally well. I especially am fond of the accessory tool tray which comes in handy when I’m working on the bike inside during the winter season.

IMG_20220313_2235081.jpg

Dave what is the load limit on the stand? Planning on buying one but my ebike looks a lot more heavy than yours.
I gonna perform my own maintenance work from now on. The local Bulls tech is providing me technical support. I just need to tool up.
This version (no longer made) has an 80lb max cap.

I am putting a throttle Bafang BBS02 on a fat chopper low rider bike with monkey bars and leather fringe off the grips. I cannot do through frame on this build to the display. There are too many reasons not to attempt that on this particular build. There is weird stuff internally where tubes meet. Here is what I found. I can trim the left and right corners of these to run the 1/4 inch display cable under the top tube. Without zip ties around a tube. It is peal and stick.
1649118023944.jpeg

Yuba sent the wrong wheel. They sold me a Boda Boda wheel and sent a Mundo wheel. Then said they don't have Boda wheels. The Boda has 10cm dropouts the Mundo axle is 14. So, What to do? Its not like you can look this up and there is a standard process. Here is the result and how I got there.
1652137924553.jpeg

1652138028050.jpeg

Reactions: rtp
You have cool tools! I love it. Pick one that most people may not know about yet and tell us how and when you use it. What about the one for Shimano hiding behind the Irwin's handle? Or the little pumppy one the Park Tool hammer faces? How do you know the sag settings for it? By the way, is that one that says "IRWIN" for trimming carbon top tubes? One guy wanted a step thru of his carbon frame. Perfect for the job.

This tool lets me mount a battery or water bottle cage anywhere within reason on a steel or Al frame. It is called a Rivet Nut. Drill and press.
Harbor Freight has a rivet nut kit. Not high end, but it works.

How is this used? I guess you just spray it on the rim & tire before mounting?
We have found, while kayak-camping on remote beaches, that Dawn works beautifully as a shampoo, even in salt water.. Much better than so-called salt water shampoos from the camping store.

My ex tried a salt water shampoo one time, and it turned her hair to felt. One of the reasons she is the "Ex" (she blamed me).

Last edited:
After getting this battery pump, I've stopped using my bicycle pumps. I also use it for my autos. Now I check tire pressures more. I have Schwalbe Marathon 700C tires and they are so stiff that pressing down on the tire doesn't tell you anything. I thought it was up to pressure but measured it at 15 psi in the rear and 29 psi in the front. They should be at least around 80 psi.

Attachments

• IMG_20220609_082644504.jpg
    IMG_20220609_082644504.jpg
    389.1 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:
Not *quite* a tool, but .... my tools were badly overflowing (I also have another box not shown) and the market for used boxes is reasonably cheap, so picked up a SO KRL/masters series box used. A bit of surface rust starting, but it cleaned up pretty well - just wish it had a stainless top on it, still sorting what to do there as SO is insane to buy a top from. Will probably just cut in some 3/4 plywood unless I luck on and find a used top somewhere. Super-deep drawers ~28" deep let's it hold a crazy number of tools compared to typical 18-20" depth boxes.

Still in process of re-organizing, but I've got all of my automotive and motorcycle tools in the SO box now, and intermingling some bike specific and carpentry tools, wheelbuilding bits, etc. into the box on left. You can count the used Park tool Truing standing to the right of the charging station for a 'tool,' although I passed on their &*(##&*(#&* 'alignment tool' and just used a flat edge to center the calipers within < 1mm... + a generic hub adapter in the stand's 'forks.'

Toolboxes.jpeg

This is the extent of my tool collection... 95% of it fits into those Craftsman chests. The most used item is probably the alien looking white thing with a green head under the spray booth.

IMG_9223.JPG

This is the extent of my tool collection... 95% of it fits into those Craftsman chests. The most used item is probably the alien looking white thing with a green head under the spray booth.
What is it? Looks like a scanner of some kind, but - guessing.. ?

Not much hope on me 'reducing my tool collection.' My father was a carpenter so I both grew up building all kinds of things, and also worked doing remodeling and building houses for a bit early on, as well as working my way through college doing remodeling and as a mobile mechanic. I also owned an automotive-related business for a bit and did a lot of personal vehicle work including for track use. LOL - meanwhile I worked on electronics in the military, and still have a now-ancient 'enormous' mil-spec oscilloscope laying around and a few other test tools. I guess I could get rid of the CRT-based o-scope for a low cost USB-connected one - one of these days, I guess ;)

Back