Did you get yours from that UK seller directly? Here in the USA its $14 to buy and $16 to ship. I'd try one out first and then buy a half dozen more if it works for me... but not really feeling $30 for one of them to start.
Group order?
10 for $155 shipped. Another $3-$5 for First Class. $18.50-$20.50
5 for $85 shipped. $20.00-$23.00

$1.29
Lifetime supply of tire changes... Works even better diluted.

$1.29
I should carry a small bottle my hands are not that strong and marathon tires are tough.

$1.29
From the FWIW department, 1 part Dawn and 9 parts water in a sprayer will instantly knock down an Africanized Bee swarm. Also, kill cockroaches in all growth stages.

From the FWIW department, 1 part Dawn and 9 parts water in a sprayer will instantly knock down an Africanized Bee swarm. Also, kill cockroaches in all growth stages.
How is this used? I guess you just spray it on the rim & tire before mounting?

At remote campsites, we will position a sacrificial raw chicken leg over a flat-bottomed bowl. In the bowl goes an inch or so of Dawn. What we commonly call 'meat bees' (local, very aggressive, carnivorous wasps who will usually fight with you for lunch) will swarm and crawl all over the leg and, fighting amongst themselves, fall into the Dawn and die, seemingly instantly. About once a day we have to empty the bowl of dead wasps and put out another chicken leg as the original is stripped to the bone. The bowl goes just far enough away that we don't present two separate tempting food sources. Our campsite stays pretty much wasp-free.

This, by the way, is how dead things in the Lower Sierras become skeletons relatively quickly. In our part of Central California at least.

Last edited:
At remote campsites, we will position a sacrificial raw chicken leg over a flat-bottomed bowl. In the bowl goes an inch or so of Dawn. What we commonly call 'meat bees' (local, very aggressive, carnivorous wasps who will usually fight with you for lunch) will swarm and crawl all over the leg and, fighting amongst themselves, fall into the Dawn and die, seemingly instantly. About once a day we have to empty the bowl of dead wasps and put out another chicken leg as the original is stripped to the bone. The bowl goes just far enough away that we don't present two separate tempting food sources. Our campsite stays pretty much wasp-free.

This, by the way, is how dead things in the Lower Sierras become skeletons relatively quickly. In our part of Central California at least.
The last 15 years of my career were committed to the least toxic solutions. Yours is brilliant. Sadly those wasps also eat tomato hornworms. Actually a great beneficial insect for pest control in veggie gardens.

The last 15 years of my career were committed to the least toxic solutions. Yours is brilliant. Sadly those wasps also eat tomato hornworms. Actually a great beneficial insect for pest control in veggie gardens.
I found this image on the Shaver/Huntington Lake FB page. Looks like what we do is not a unique solution although I think this is poorly done/overkill. If that were up past 7000 ft you wouldn't be able to see any sausage, it'd just be all a mass of yellow jackets.

No photo description available.

How is this used? I guess you just spray it on the rim & tire before mounting?
To keep things a little neater I soak a small rag with water and then add a drop of soap to that and wipe around the tire bead and wheel edge until it's nice and lubed.
If you ever watched an auto_mechanic mount a tire on a rim....

Have you actually done this with the bees? Are those the famous killer bees? I'd be a bit leary of attacking a swarm with a bottle of soap ...

Have you actually done this with the bees? Are those the famous killer bees? I'd be a bit leary of attacking a swarm with a bottle of soap ...
Yes. Absolutely! The instant the mixture hits them they drop. Probably handled 15-20 swarms at The Mirage. 1-5G sprayer. But when the Africanized arrived I started wearing bed suits. I handled hives with only gloves and a smoker. Swarms with gloves. “killer” Africanized changed everything.

An easier way to take off and install a tire:

Product:
holly crap this is the best tool I have used for tires. I am not super strong and I have struggled with my marathon plus ties. but I got this puppy today and tested it on a spare wheel and it was not a big deal getting it on or off. I had to use two levers and the tire jack to get them on and it was still la struggle.
I have the other set coming but I doubt they will be quite as easy.its really easy starting. I had to put in two levers at a time on the marathons as I could not get a second lever in after the first. this is so easy to start compared to a regular lever. plus its great for weight weenies.
IMG_3878.jpeg

Back