I've had this out of production minimalist Leatherman for about 20 years and it's served me well.
As others have mentioned.. great for handling a fallen chain on the road.

PXL_20230822_145439784~3.jpg

PXL_20230822_145406553~3.jpg

I've had this out of production minimalist Leatherman for about 20 years and it's served me well.

View attachment 161134

View attachment 161133
I was given the exact same Leatherman as a 50th birthday present. I've been using it for 26 years now and it's still like new. I have a newer model that I use around the house but the original lives in my rear rack bag.

I was given the exact same Leatherman as a 50th birthday present. I've been using it for 26 years now and it's still like new. I have a newer model that I use around the house but the original lives in my rear rack bag.

I bought a similar Leatherman.
It's the least expensive version that I could find.
Just the basic tools.
$76.78 CAD with the tax.

Screenshot_20230823-075354_Amazon Shopping.jpg

I also bought a sextant for my tool kit. 😂

20230823_081024.jpg

I was pretty wasted when I bought that. 😂
I have no idea how to work it?
I think that you can use the sun or the stars to navigate, but I think I need to buy a boat to go with it?

Sometimes less is more.

Yeah, it's smaller, lighter and more comfortable to carry with me all the time.

The sextant is pocket sized too. 😂

Last edited:
I actually have two of these that carried over from my final days as Facilities/ Data Center manager. The hands on guys of the IT Department loved them.
One I keep on the bike and the other I pack in my checked bag when I travel. Great for quick fixes and minor surgeries 🙃

I also bought a sextant for my tool kit. 😂

View attachment 161173

I was pretty wasted when I bought that. 😂
I have no idea how to work it?
I think that you can use the sun or the stars to navigate, but I think I need to buy a boat to go with it?

Yeah, it's smaller, lighter and more comfortable to carry with me all the time.

The sextant is pocket sized too. 😂
You need to stay off Ali and Amazon when under the influence 🙃
Actually I have an order from Ali arriving today with a bunch of small items and my cart is almost full again with their back to school sale and storehouse replenishments.

From Fix It Sticks: Also has room for small flat repair kit. I have one for each of my ebikes.

Fix It Sticks.jpg

I stumbled on these knives that use surgical blades after I lost my very nice folder. I wanted something that was easier to carry and to in the way hooked onto my pocket. there are a ton of them different shapes and sizes and blades. blades are only 10.00 for 100 so you can always have the sharpest knife. here is a little guy easy to carry. these are light duty knives the blades are thin so they have their limits.

They would be very sharp indeed, being scalpel blades.

DG…
yep so much more so then I can keep my knives. since the blades are so thin. but the replacement blades are so cheap too and you have a big choice of shapes. they gave me a scalpel handle with one bade over so I made a ebony handle for it.
IMG_2330.jpeg

Here's a tool to NOT buy:
Screenshot 2023-08-26 at 8.42.41 PM.png

Pro Bike Tool Shock Pump.
First, it's hard to pump once you get beyond about 120 psi.
Second, the release valve seems to let out air, and not just the air in the hose as claimed. That's because the screw action is so slow.
Third, in order to use it you're holding the end that has the air release valve and gauge. So you either accidentally release some air while pumping unless you hold it just so.
Fourth, and the fatal flaw, since you're holding the gauge, you're putting pressure on it and it's just plastic, so after a few uses you'll probably do like I just did and break the gauge off.

"Other than that, Mrs Lincoln, how did you like the play?"

Last edited:
yep so much more so then I can keep my knives. since the blades are so thin. but the replacement blades are so cheap too and you have a big choice of shapes. they gave me a scalpel handle with one bade over so I made a ebony handle for it.
View attachment 161309
Must drastically increase the efficiency of circumcisions and the resulting production of all that foreskin jerky 🤣

Back