Reention newly upgrade 48V 25Ah&36V 30Ah (505L) interchangeable for eBikes Surface 604,NCM,Rize,Magnum,Aventon

Hello @ProphetZarquon , sorry for my slow response here.

For now, Dorado 21700 505L/18inch 48V 25Ah/52V 20Ah is confirmed to be maximum upgrade option for Dorado mounting system.
Some Frey riders already tested the 48V 25Ah and 52V 20Ah mostly with 6pin discharging port and Reention 3pin charging port.

Shanshan Tech just released Canon1&2 for the coming China Cycle Fair 2022 in May.
Canon 1 can hold max 13S7P 91pcs 21700cells, for 48V 35Ah.
But it is frame mounted or rear mounted, not compatible with Dorado.

It is newest and shall be biggest ebike battery on the market.
Thanks for the detailed response!

I would not want battery weight mounted so high on the frame, as the Canon1 does... but I think it is a good sign, to see 7P battery cases using 21700 cells!

The frame has a lot more room left available, above & around the sides of, the Dorado case (on the Frey AM1000 & similar ebikes I've seen using Dorado style cases).

If budget permits, we may order one of your 52V20Ah layouts in the near future.

Were I better experienced & equipped, I might be more tempted build a bigger Dorado style case myself, but I don't trust the quality of anything I might currently DIY, nearly as much as a proper Reention case!

I like the Dorado style cases, & hope they remain a popular choice among builders. Hopefully enough for the product line, to expand to even more cell-counts!

I'm super stoked to see new 21700 cells being used now. I'm hoping there might be plans to use these cells in the Reention Rhino battery for the Ride1Up 700 series. Here is a link to the battery https://ride1up.com/product/700-series-battery-48v14ah-reention-rhino/

I believe this battery is also used in other bike companies, such as Dost and Rize. This battery measures L2 355mm x W 74mm x D 92mm and is currently using Samsung 35e 18650 cells in a 13S4P formation.

I'm curious to know what the nominal capacity and discharge current would be rated at with then new 21700 cells.

I'm super stoked to see new 21700 cells being used now. I'm hoping there might be plans to use these cells in the Reention Rhino battery for the Ride1Up 700 series. Here is a link to the battery https://ride1up.com/product/700-series-battery-48v14ah-reention-rhino/

I believe this battery is also used in other bike companies, such as Dost and Rize. This battery measures L2 355mm x W 74mm x D 92mm and is currently using Samsung 35e 18650 cells in a 13S4P formation.

I'm curious to know what the nominal capacity and discharge current would be rated at with then new 21700 cells.
Having used 21700 cells for the last 4 years in Hailong cases upon getting a new bike that has an integrated battery with a specific battery case that was designed with 18650 cells I found it difficult to just spec a battery with 21700 cells but not impossible. Due to their slightly larger dimensions and the specific size of the case itself it is possible to fit 21700 cells but not likely that you will end up with as many wh's as stock which will make for less nominal capacity.

But in practice after using the 21700 cell battery in comparison to the stock 18650 battery I have found it to have better overall power output across the voltage range, especially at lower voltage, and provides as much if not more range. I remain perplexed as to why ebike manufacturers don't take advantage of using the larger cells and if they designed the casing around them as Reention did for their 25ah battery it would provide for a better user experience.

@Jenny Mao
She rocks. My former shop customers are very happy. She can do BT BMS. The only issue is they’re limited to 52v if I remember correctly. An amazingly communicative seller. Other sellers in China could learn from her. My only disappointment is the political vitriol with the USA but she doesn’t let that affect her great communication and detailed responses. My only disappointments are our slim chance of actually being friends. Politics suck.

@Jenny Mao
She rocks. My former shop customers are very happy. She can do BT BMS. The only issue is they’re limited to 52v if I remember correctly. An amazingly communicative seller. Other sellers in China could learn from her. My only disappointment is the political vitriol with the USA but she doesn’t let that affect her great communication and detailed responses. My only disappointments are our slim chance of actually being friends. Politics suck.
Nice.
52 V is plenty for my stock Bafang m620 controller!
48 V @ 21 Ah is OK.
52 V @ 20 Ah is better!
I don't really need 60 V though; but I'd love more Ah!

Just want to add about 12-to-30 % more runnnntiiiime...
🏘️🚴🌇🚵⛰️🚵🏔️🚵🏞️🚵⛰️🚵🌇🚴🏘️

You need 72V 😁
products/phaserunner.html
🤣
I really don't!
(Most of the tuning I had to do, was to soften the pedal assist power!)

When I want an e-motorcycle, it'll be a big one.
Think "1520cc, 6-cylinder, shaft drive, Honda Valkyrie; converted to >12KW EV, with the seat stretched back 5 inches & raised 5 inches" big.

🤣
I really don't!
(Most of the tuning I had to do, was to soften the pedal assist power!)

When I want an e-motorcycle, it'll be a big one.
Think "1520cc, 6-cylinder, shaft drive, Honda Valkyrie; converted to >12KW EV, with the seat stretched back 5 inches & raised 5 inches" big.
Oh geez, don't go Valkyrie. Compared to an "Old Wing" that Valky is a top heavy freight train. Spent a LOT of time working on/playing with the old 4 cylinder Goldwing Standards (no fiberglass front or rear). One day I decided I had to have a Standard Valk. Holy cow. The 4 cyl Goldwings all of a sudden felt like riding a mini bike compared to the Valk. Seriously! That's a great big bike!!! Gave it 2 years and about 5 thousand miles and never did get used to it. Nice bike, but......

What the Valkyrie IS good for is stretching your arms like no other bike available, immediate revs coming from that 6 (reminds me of an Indy car!), and the most wonderful sounds anywhere.....

Hello

L2 355mm x W 74mm x D 92mm is Reention IR-7, and it is already available for 42pcs 21700 verison.
13S3P Samsung 50E 21700 48V 15AH 720Wh
14S3P Samsung 50E 21700 52V 15AH 780Wh
Both come with 30A BMS for max 1000W motor.

1649822501875.png

1649823514956.png

Having used 21700 cells for the last 4 years in Hailong cases upon getting a new bike that has an integrated battery with a specific battery case that was designed with 18650 cells I found it difficult to just spec a battery with 21700 cells but not impossible. Due to their slightly larger dimensions and the specific size of the case itself it is possible to fit 21700 cells but not likely that you will end up with as many wh's as stock which will make for less nominal capacity.

But in practice after using the 21700 cell battery in comparison to the stock 18650 battery I have found it to have better overall power output across the voltage range, especially at lower voltage, and provides as much if not more range. I remain perplexed as to why ebike manufacturers don't take advantage of using the larger cells and if they designed the casing around them as Reention did for their 25ah battery it would provide for a better user experience.
Besides the better performance, the 21700 cell cost is much more cost-effective.
So the ebike manufacturers like Reention, Shanshan,SYR all have designed 21700 cells brackets for some old 18650 type case, or added a new 21700 version.
And most newly launced case are all designed for both 18650 and 21700 options.

Hello, i have a question regarding the 25ah dorado battery (as well as some newer versions of the other sizes). When you press the button on the top, the charge indicators only stay on while you hold them, does this mean that the output of the battery is always on?

Hello, i have a question regarding the 25ah dorado battery (as well as some newer versions of the other sizes). When you press the button on the top, the charge indicators only stay on while you hold them, does this mean that the output of the battery is always on?
Yes, eactly. The button on the Reention original indicator board is only used for showing the battery capacity when your press and hold it. As I know, some ebike manufacturers replaced the indicator board in order to add the function of powering on/off the battery on the button, mostly on Dorado plus or Max (Both button is easy to press.)We haven't offer such kind indicator option.

It shall be more conveinent to use such 25Ah battery as long as there is on/off switch for controller.

1649866399641.png

Thank you! Are you aware of whether there is an option for a battery lock that also uses the key to turn on power to the bike? It would be perfect for my use if there was!

Thank you! Are you aware of whether there is an option for a battery lock that also uses the key to turn on power to the bike? It would be perfect for my use if there was!
Sorry, we haven't found the manufacturer of the indicator board with switch function. May I know your ebike model? Or would you consider the Polly battery, downtube frame mounted battery, coming with power switch, if for ebike conversion use.

Sorry, we haven't found the manufacturer of the indicator board with switch function. May I know your ebike model? Or would you consider the Polly battery, downtube frame mounted battery, coming with power switch, if for ebike conversion use.
It is a magnum peak with a reention dorado plus battery, it has the power button on the battery but I’d like to also be able to use the lock and key on the top battery mount to turn power to the bike on and off for security

It is a magnum peak with a reention dorado plus battery, it has the power button on the battery but I’d like to also be able to use the lock and key on the top battery mount to turn power to the bike on and off for security
To clarify, i mean something like the pictured item, except compatible with the reention dorado battery system

Attachments

• 161C1C73-2B6E-4285-A83C-17078C003F15.jpeg
    161C1C73-2B6E-4285-A83C-17078C003F15.jpeg
    79.6 KB · Views: 125
To clarify, i mean something like the pictured item, except compatible with the reention dorado battery system
I see, this kind of lock system is a combination of mechanic lock and battery power lock, which is only used for like Silverfish battery. The Dorado lock is mechanic lock system. The lock is installed on the top mounting brackets, seperated from the battery body, not available for powering battery use.

I see, this kind of lock system is a combination of mechanic lock and battery power lock, which is only used for like Silverfish battery. The Dorado lock is mechanic lock system. The lock is installed on the top mounting brackets, seperated from the battery body, not available for powering battery use.
Alright, thank you for the clarification! I’m not sure whether you have any say in this at all, but I’m sure it would be beneficial to all involved to make something of that sort, since i suspect the reason that some manufacturers modify the control board to include the power function is at least in part because there is no key power switch available for these batteries.

Thanks again, it was a pleasure to talk to you!

Back