Just received a new Dorado 25ah battery

Loving reading these reviews and range tests, that much I contacted @Jenny Mao and bought the 48v 25ah battery to go in my shengmilo mx03 (hope it fits but why shouldn't it I always worry lol)
Anyway jenny was very helpful and made Ali purchase more confident,
A few things she pointed out , one of them was the dc2.1 charge port has now been updated with stronger terminals so it now accepts 4amps for charging so I also bought the 4 amp charger.
The shengmilo comes with a 17ah battery which I haven't tested loads but it's decent pas2 (it has 5) got me 29 miles with 60%battery left, I then tested on 3/4 and 5 with hilly terrain and got 32 miles only but I wouldn't usually ride that strong assists,(testing)
So my thinking was I could buy another 17ah battery and lug it around and have 2 batteries with weaker lvc with weaker power at the bottom charge and not knowing what cells are on the battery OR buy a decent 25ah with good samsung 50e cells and only 1 lvc which acheives good power right down to the bottom, might be a while before I receive the battery due to the covid but when I receive it I'll be doing many tests and see if the install is straight fit (jenny sending the brackets for dorado just in case) 50e cells should be a lot better a long as you not pulling high amps constantly so better range,
Anyway guys/ girls if you have anymore tests opinions range tests etc please keep updating this thread as I have found it very interesting and informative , can't wait for mine to arrive here's sone pics of my bike so it should be a straight forward fit,,, thanks for any updated and creating this thread
i have the same bike, mx03.
It is very good .

I would like to increase the torque, but to change the controller I have read that it is very complicated, because there may be compatibility problems with the display, etc.
but anyway if you know any compatible and more powerful model let me know

maybe with the battery you bought the performance will increase a bit, since it should keep the voltage high for longer.

let me know how the new battery goes that I would like to buy too.

do you know any other changes to improve its performance?
thank you

however I am very happy with this bike

i have the same bike, mx03.
It is very good .

I would like to increase the torque, but to change the controller I have read that it is very complicated, because there may be compatibility problems with the display, etc.
but anyway if you know any compatible and more powerful model let me know

maybe with the battery you bought the performance will increase a bit, since it should keep the voltage high for longer.

let me know how the new battery goes that I would like to buy too.

do you know any other changes to improve its performance?
thank you

however I am very happy with this bike
Can't wait to receive the battery with samsung cells and 25ah it shouldn't get as much battery sag after 40% battery ,but overall I'm happy with the Shengmilo mx03 yes I do think the torque is a bit weak at 18amp max but tbh it pulls up hill fine in the right gear and I'd rather keep the range, more current less range, I’ll wait till I get the battery you never know it might be powerful all the way down to end of battery,, I'll keep updating my tests when I receive it thx

You could try a shunt mod it will give you more torque https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=29097
Or you could buy a

KT-LCD8H & KT Controller maybe a 25 amp or 30 amp controller​

Hey everyone.
Just thought I'd post a brief 1 year followup review. The 25ah battery is still doing amazing. It's my goto battery (I have several) and continues to give excellent range and performance. I've biked about 4500km and most of it was on the 25ah battery.

Can't say enough good about it, works great, huge range, continues to work well. I've also stayed in touch with Jenny and she continues to be awesome to deal with.

I think the build shop is open and Jenny is working from home. I’m waiting to hear just shuck battery packs are available. I’m loving my 21700 cell pack.

Hey Everyone. More updates on the long term use of the 25ah battery from Aijiu Energy (Or 'Jenny's Battery' as we call it in my household).
Last July shortly after receiving the 25ah battery I did a capacity test to verify its total capacity was really as stated. The test at the time came to 1182wh out of a theoretical maximum of 1200wh. I was very happy with those results. Now a year later and thousands of kilometers on the battery I wanted to see what the capacity was now, had it degraded through time or use? Lithium Ion cells will degrade in capacity over time, this can be slowed by storing the battery at less than full charge but happens regardless. Using the battery also degrades it over time, the Samsung 50E cells in the battery pack are rated for 500 charge cycles before losing approx 20% of their capacity. I'm no where near 500 cycles or even 100 cycles but was curious what my use of the battery would do to its capacity. BTW 500 cycles x 100km per charge (bike at full assist) = 50,000km or 10 years of use even for my riding level and I don't ride full assist all the time.

My method of use for the battery is to fully charge it right after use every time I use it. We cycled year round although far less in the winter so I've never even stored it at reduced charge since it's been put on a bike at least once every couple weeks even in the dead of winter. I use a timer on my charger so it charges for 8 hours (usually enough to refill it) and shuts off. I don't do anything special beyond that, if I bike 10km I charge it, if I bike 100km I charge it. Past the initial break in period I no longer worry about doing full discharges although they more or less occur naturally just by me using the battery for longer trips.

My rig is still the exact same low-tech rig I used before; two old time incandescent light bulbs as a load using 1 amp of power hooked to a meter that measures voltage, current and total watt-hours. I fully charged it and put it on the test rig it started at 54.4 volts and the BMS cut it off I think at just below 42v but my meter doesn't store the final cut off voltage. I am very happy to report the final watt-hours after 1 year and 1000's of km of riding (I put on 4500km last year mostly on the 25ah) was 1171wh. That's less than 1% decline!! Lol that's almost just a math error more than anything. This battery is as good after a year of hard use as it was the day it arrived.

Thank you so much Jenny for this battery, it works fantastic and takes all the abuse I give it on trails, in the rain (I do try and cover it in heavy rain) and hot days, cold days. I don't do anything special to maintain it, I do short charges, long charges, I always fully charge it and the battery is working perfect. I feel 4500km/year is more than most casual riders would put on it and represents 2 years or more riding for many riders. If anyone has had lingering doubts on where to find a good battery I don't think you need to look further than this one. On facebook I recommend Jenny to anyone looking for a battery and I'm happy my results back up my recommendation. I think the price has even dropped vs what I paid! So much for inflation, ha ha.

Jenny and I have remained in contact throughout the year and she continues to be amazing to deal with. Her and I talked about a 52v high capacity version of the dorado battery and I can report I ordered one and it's in-transit to my door right now! I'll do a full review of it too on NCM and Amego bikes and with a Bafang mid-drive when it arrives but I'm excited to play with it. The Amego and Bafang bikes are both 'unlocked' and capable of riding past 32km/hr and will enjoy a higher top end I hope and increased acceleration when the batteries at full charge. We will program out all the limits on the Bafang for the tests and it'll do over 50km/hr now on a Dorado 48v battery if you let it run wide so it'll be interesting to see the 52v version.

Last edited:
Thats exciting :)
I'm looking to build a DIY bike and was going to go with 2 48V 25ah packs
or wait and see if there was any further information on the ShanShan Tech battery packs

Another alternative option is I anyone could point me to a diy battery guide that might be cool as well.

Hey Everyone. More updates on the long term use of the 25ah battery from Aijiu Energy (Or 'Jenny's Battery' as we call it in my household).
Last July shortly after receiving the 25ah battery I did a capacity test to verify its total capacity was really as stated. The test at the time came to 1182wh out of a theoretical maximum of 1200wh. I was very happy with those results. Now a year later and thousands of kilometers on the battery I wanted to see what the capacity was now, had it degraded through time or use? Lithium Ion cells will degrade in capacity over time, this can be slowed by storing the battery at less than full charge but happens regardless. Using the battery also degrades it over time, the Samsung 50E cells in the battery pack are rated for 500 charge cycles before losing approx 20% of their capacity. I'm no where near 500 cycles or even 100 cycles but was curious what my use of the battery would do to its capacity. BTW 500 cycles x 100km per charge (bike at full assist) = 50,000km or 10 years of use even for my riding level and I don't ride full assist all the time.

My method of use for the battery is to fully charge it right after use every time I use it. We cycled year round although far less in the winter so I've never even stored it at reduced charge since it's been put on a bike at least once every couple weeks even in the dead of winter. I use a timer on my charger so it charges for 8 hours (usually enough to refill it) and shuts off. I don't do anything special beyond that, if I bike 10km I charge it, if I bike 100km I charge it. Past the initial break in period I no longer worry about doing full discharges although they more or less occur naturally just by me using the battery for longer trips.

My rig is still the exact same low-tech rig I used before; two old time incandescent light bulbs as a load using 1 amp of power hooked to a meter that measures voltage, current and total watt-hours. I fully charged it and put it on the test rig it started at 54.4 volts and the BMS cut it off I think at just below 42v but my meter doesn't store the final cut off voltage. I am very happy to report the final watt-hours after 1 year and 1000's of km of riding (I put on 4500km last year mostly on the 25ah) was 1171wh. That's less than 1% decline!! Lol that's almost just a math error more than anything. This battery is as good after a year of hard use as it was the day it arrived.

Thank you so much Jenny for this battery, it works fantastic and takes all the abuse I give it on trails, in the rain (I do try and cover it in heavy rain) and hot days, cold days. I don't do anything special to maintain it, I do short charges, long charges, I always fully charge it and the battery is working perfect. I feel 4500km/year is more than most casual riders would put on it and represents 2 years or more riding for many riders. If anyone has had lingering doubts on where to find a good battery I don't think you need to look further than this one. On facebook I recommend Jenny to anyone looking for a battery and I'm happy my results back up my recommendation. I think the price has even dropped vs what I paid! So much for inflation, ha ha.

Jenny and I have remained in contact throughout the year and she continues to be amazing to deal with. Her and I talked about a 52v high capacity version of the dorado battery and I can report I ordered one and it's in-transit to my door right now! I'll do a full review of it too on NCM and Amego bikes and with a Bafang mid-drive when it arrives but I'm excited to play with it. The Amego and Bafang bikes are both 'unlocked' and capable of riding past 32km/hr and will enjoy a higher top end I hope and increased acceleration when the batteries at full charge. We will program out all the limits on the Bafang for the tests and it'll do over 50km/hr now on a Dorado 48v battery if you let it run wide so it'll be interesting to see the 52v version.
Hi Bitmugger,

Curious if you have received the 52v battery and tested on NCM bike?

Hi,my longest ride using this new 25ah battery- my bike is moscow plus 27.5, 250watt motor,i weigh 260lbs,used mostly pas 3-4 ,few hills here& there but mostly flat roads,i done in total 52 km ,with 2 bars left,46.8 on display when i got back home,does this sound about right for my journey & weight & the battery level arriving back home? I still get battery anxiety since using the previous 16ah battery,so find it hard to stop worrying about battery range& do lots of leg work too on my rides,im no mathematician in these battery equations but my instinct was before buying this battery i would have more left on the battery after 32 miles,any advice or conversation on others experiences with the 25ah battery similar to mine id appreciate,thank you

Hi,my longest ride using this new 25ah battery- my bike is moscow plus 27.5, 250watt motor,i weigh 260lbs,used mostly pas 3-4 ,few hills here& there but mostly flat roads,i done in total 52 km ,with 2 bars left,46.8 on display when i got back home,does this sound about right for my journey & weight & the battery level arriving back home? I still get battery anxiety since using the previous 16ah battery,so find it hard to stop worrying about battery range& do lots of leg work too on my rides,im no mathematician in these battery equations but my instinct was before buying this battery i would have more left on the battery after 32 miles,any advice or conversation on others experiences with the 25ah battery similar to mine id appreciate,thank you
I'm attaching a table which gives a rough idea of the relationship between voltage and capacity remaining of a 48V pack. This table would suggest that at 46.8V, you have about 50% remaining....note that this is a rough estimate only.

Attachments

• 48V Charge Levels.png
    48V Charge Levels.png
    64.8 KB · Views: 119
,.. before buying this battery i would have more left on the battery after 32 miles,any advice or conversation on others experiences with the 25ah battery similar to mine id appreciate,thank you

Last July shortly after receiving the 25ah battery I did a capacity test to verify its total capacity was really as stated.

@Sandy77

If you didn't buy your battery from @Jenny Mao then there is a really good chance that your battery labeled "25ah" is no where near actually being a 25ah battery.

Battery makers lie.

Jenny doesn't lie.
Her 25ah batteries are actually 25ah.

Here's a 48V 30ah lithium battery from Amazon for $142 CAD !!!

Screenshot_20230306-185346_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Here's an even better deal !!

48 volt 100 amp hours for $107 Canadian dollars!!! Lol

I'm sure that it's built with quality and safety in mind too !!! Lol

Screenshot_20230306-185914_Amazon Shopping.jpg

I'm hoping to some day soon, to have one of Jenny's batteries to call my very own,..

I'm attaching a table which gives a rough idea of the relationship between voltage and capacity remaining of a 48V pack. This table would suggest that at 46.8V, you have about 50% remaining....note that this is a rough estimate only.
Agree, I think 52km with 2bars left, that is not bad. The battery cutoff voltage is about 39V. Also the discharging capacity is a bit less in low temperature riding.
In our mass production capacity testing, the 25Ah tested capacity under 10A discharging, is about 24.5Ah in Summer, and only about 23.8Ah in Winter.

Back