Just received a new Dorado 25ah battery

Thanks for contrastively testing riding in different roads and with different PAS.
The bike shuts dowm at 40V, which protects the battery from over-discharging earlier than triggering he BMS protection.
Excllent range of 93km on full assist!

Last edited:
I wanted to do a measured capacity test of the new Dorado 21700 25ah battery. I’ve done a few good long rides and know it’s practical range for me, but it’s one thing for the battery to say it’s 25ah and to “know for sure” it’s 25ah. I honestly trusted Aijiu or more accurately Jenny as she’s been nothing but open and showed me much of the behind the scenes stuff and even produced multiple engineering test reports for me, still for everyone else’s benefit and peace of mind I had the meter so I setup a test.

My meter (see pics below) reads current voltage, watts and amps and cumulative watt-hours. My rig is low-tech but also ideal in my mind, it uses two old time incandescent light bulbs as a load and once at temperature they have a fairly constant resistance and for around 50v they use 1 amp exactly of power and that is a simple light load to test the battery with. Note: If you build one of these yourself, don’t try other things in the light sockets, CFL and LED bulbs won’t work and wouldn’t be suitable loads anyway.

So to calculate watt-hours for this battery is pretty easy it’s a 48v battery x 25ah = 1200wh (watt-hours). Now the calculated watt-hours is based on the nominal 48v but in real life the voltage varies from the peak of ~54.6v down to into the 30v’s, my meter works on what wattage is actually being used throughout. I was hoping for anything over about 1000wh cumulative from the test as I knew there’s be some losses due to the BMS and cut-off voltages. I warned Jenny I was going to do this test and post the results since I like to make her lose sleep, she predicted 1150wh or better which I felt was very optimistic. Over the course of the next ~23hrs the battery was left on my test rig, I wasn’t there when it finally cut off so I didn’t get to see the final voltage on the display but the total watt-hours was 1182wh! So Jenny was almost perfect in her prediction…she probably even slept well darn it. lol.

Net result is the battery capacity test is spot on for a 25ah battery. I knew it would be based on the reports Jenny shared from Aijiu during construction but it was still nice to confirm it myself and for others.

I tried distance riding, rough riding and capacity tests. Anyone else have anything they might want me to try? I’ll update after a month or two of extended use but I think I’m happy with the battery and now just ready to settle in and use it.

Attachments

• DischargeTest1.jpg
    DischargeTest1.jpg
    181.5 KB · Views: 295
  • DischargeTest2.jpg
    DischargeTest2.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 301
  • DischargeTest3.jpg
    DischargeTest3.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 297
Thank you @Bitmugger for being thoughtful and serious on the battery testing.
It is a simplied but practical device for measuring the battery capacity. And the result complies with our testing reports before shipment.
We get 24.182Ah X 48V nominal/average voltage=1160Wh, what is why I say you will get more than 1150Wh.
The 24.182Ah is tested under the condition of 10A discharging, so you will get higher capacity result when you discharge with only 1A current.

Attachments

• Test Capacity 24.182AH-20210602.jpg
    Test Capacity 24.182AH-20210602.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 268
  • IMG_20210602_175414.jpg
    IMG_20210602_175414.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 265
I recently purchased the 48 v 25 ah Samsung battery from Jenny Mao’s company and am ex tactic about my purchase. I bot the NCM Aspen and recognized the real value was to be in the battery. I wanted the best quality battery for my bike enable long distance rides. I got it! Thank you so much Jenny for you courtesy, propm attention and overall buying and educational experience! Great job!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    412.4 KB · Views: 279
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    372.1 KB · Views: 279
I recently purchased the 48 v 25 ah Samsung battery from Jenny Mao’s company and am ex tactic about my purchase. I bot the NCM Aspen and recognized the real value was to be in the battery. I wanted the best quality battery for my bike enable long distance rides. I got it! Thank you so much Jenny for you courtesy, propm attention and overall buying and educational experience! Great job!
It is highly appreciated that you leave comments on the battery and my work here as I invited. And glad to see the new 25Ah battery well fit in the NCM Aspen, and cute catoon labels. Enjoy your riding!

It helps me out thats for sure! im getting one for my RX! Ultras burn through batteries and this is the solution! This will give me all the range i would ever need without having to run dual packs!

The battery is amazing. No more worrying about range. I know I can get 120km+ from this battery in my usual PAS levels and 90km+ from it at high assist. That's fantastic for day to day riding, I have zero battery concerns on any typical ride. On touring type rides where I carry two batteries, I essentially have enough juice to get near 200km a day riding and that far exceeds what I'd like to bike in a day. Even on touring rides now with packs and riding on trails if the target isn't extreme I can ride with a higher assist and have plenty of juice from just the 25ah without even needing to use the spare.

It has been mentioned in a few threads here but Reention is producing a new case for their Dorado series of batteries that allow 21700 cells to be used instead of 18650. This increases the max capacity of that battery to 25ah using Samsung 50E cells (@48v). The battery is available in 36v, 48v.

I pre-ordered one for my NCM Moscow before the case was even available through Aijiu Energy and @Jenny Mao who is a user here on EBR. The battery arrived today and I made a couple short videos, I did an unboxing video and then I realized I should have had an existing Dorado handy for a size comparison so did a 2nd short video on it. These are the the first videos I've ever made so hopefully they are ok.

Unboxing:

Quick compare to existing Dorado:

(No idea why youtube links don't always work. Grrr. Search for "Dorado 21700 25ah" if needed)

So far the battery looks good, it fits the NCM Moscow I have now (it's taller than a normal Dorado). It arrived in perfect condition visually, I haven't ridden with it yet as it's charging (and it's raining out), but we have a 3 day trip planned with it so I'll post a real review after that! It's a big battery but the capacity is going to be great. The battery charge connector has moved from the bottom (down near the mud and water) to the top which is a smart choice I think. The water cover over the charge and USB ports is much thicker and heavier than the old covers (and has screws for easy replacement).

I ordered mine with the 2.1mm barrel connector for charging which limited me to the 3A charger but there is a 4A available using a 3-pin connector by Reention, 4A would really speed up charging for sure.

The battery has no rattles or loose parts, seems very well constructed. I've said before Aijiu and Jenny have been fabulous to deal with, I got a bit of special treatment since this was a pre-order for a new format of battery case, so I was able to see it's construction, the cells, the nickel strips, etc. It all gave me a great sense of confidence in Aijiu and so far so good :)

The packing was great, there was a slit in the foam around the battery and Jenny has said that must've been from customs inspecting the box (which did add a few days to shipping but with customs its a bit of luck to know if your package will be delayed or quick), that's no fault of Aijiu. The battery box arrived with all the proper lithium ion warning labels too.

Overall it's great so far. Just need to get some km on it now! Ask me any questions you have and check back for a full review later.

Here's the link I ordered from:
I Ordered a 48V 14AH lithium ion battery pack with Samsung cells with 15A BMS I estimated it would go 20 miles on a single charge and from giving it a range test it did manage to go 21 miles, bare in mind my bike is heavy.

That's awesome. I'm loving the new 25AH battery. I've just been charging it to 80% because even with 80% it still has plenty charge left on my 20-25 mile rides

I Ordered a 48V 14AH lithium ion battery pack with Samsung cells with 15A BMS I estimated it would go 20 miles on a single charge and from giving it a range test it did manage to go 21 miles, bare in mind my bike is heavy.

Nice, did you order from Jenny? In addition to the 25ah I have a 13ah and find it does about 50km for us on a middle assist level. Our 13ah is a stock NCM battery pack and they use Panasonic cells I believe.

Hello Bitmugger and greetings from the Left Coast. Based on your good reviews I contacted Jenny looking for options for an upgrade to my DJ Fat Bike 13Ah battery. After some discussion including whether to try to shoehorn the 25Ah unit onto my frame using a new base and drilling and tapping new mounting holes I decided to forego the additional 4Ah and get a 21Ah Samsung 35E set in a Hailong case which will use my existing Hailong base. I elected to go with 18650 cells as opposed to the 21700 because of their marginally better temperature ratings. I just wanted to thank you for the wealth of information you provided about your experience. It gave me the confidence to proceed with my purchase in the expectation of getting genuine Samsung or Panasonic cells. I will post a review when the battery arrives and I have a chance to try it out for range.
In the meantime. I am hating my King Meter Display. I would love to change to something like the APT TFT 860C. My Bike has a Bafang M600 500W Motor. Does anyone have any experience of such an upgrade?

Just wanted to chime in about my new battery.

I have an Aventon Pace 500, and the stock battery would die about 3 miles short of my 20 mile commute. The last 3 miles are always the worst, especially going home after a long day. I know other people get better mileage out of their battery but they are usually running at assist level 1 or 2. I'm using #5 and peddling the whole time unless I'm braking for a stop light (I'm always late for work 🙃). Anyway 17 miles is what I seem to get.

I ordered the 20ah battery through Jenny Mao (Aijiu Power) and I got to work and home with nearly 50% of my battery charge remaining. The Pace 500 only fits the shorter of the 2 Reention battery lengths, so the 25ah was not an option. But the oem battery is only 11ah, so this is almost 2x the power.

A few differences between this and the stock Aventon battery:
1) The battery button will only show the charge level, there is no on/off function;
2) The charge port is up near the USB port and the combined rubber cover is much sturdier;
3) The larger 20ah battery sticks out about an inch on the left side of the frame. It detracts a bit from the appearance of the bike, but compared to hauling a spare battery around, it's nothing.
4) If you buy their 2.1 Amp charger, it comes in a black aluminum case instead of plastic like the two oem ones I have (for me and my wife's bikes). It has a fan which is as noisy as my oem one, but the one my wife's bike came with has no fan so is silent. It also has an accesible fuse in case you have a power surge. In any case, it seems to be much higher quality than the oem one.

Just wanted to chime in about my new battery.

I have an Aventon Pace 500, and the stock battery would die about 3 miles short of my 20 mile commute. The last 3 miles are always the worst, especially going home after a long day. I know other people get better mileage out of their battery but they are usually running at assist level 1 or 2. I'm using #5 and peddling the whole time unless I'm braking for a stop light (I'm always late for work 🙃). Anyway 17 miles is what I seem to get.

I ordered the 20ah battery through Jenny Mao (Aijiu Power) and I got to work and home with nearly 50% of my battery charge remaining. The Pace 500 only fits the shorter of the 2 Reention battery lengths, so the 25ah was not an option. But the oem battery is only 11ah, so this is almost 2x the power.

A few differences between this and the stock Aventon battery:
1) The battery button will only show the charge level, there is no on/off function;
2) The charge port is up near the USB port and the combined rubber cover is much sturdier;
3) The larger 20ah battery sticks out about an inch on the left side of the frame. It detracts a bit from the appearance of the bike, but compared to hauling a spare battery around, it's nothing.
4) If you buy their 2.1 Amp charger, it comes in a black aluminum case instead of plastic like the two oem ones I have (for me and my wife's bikes). It has a fan which is as noisy as my oem one, but the one my wife's bike came with has no fan so is silent. It also has an accesible fuse in case you have a power surge. In any case, it seems to be much higher quality than the oem one.
Glad you are happy with your battery. I just put another 350km on my 25ah battery from Jenny and this time I unfortunately had to bike in a hurricane for 70km. It poured rain, I covered the battery as best as I could but it ultimately got wet. Bike and battery both performed perfectly though. I was very impressed as always.

Aijiu makes great batteries, mines been on many trails now, been through hot and cold, dry and wet and just performs like a champ every time. I am sure your battery will do as well. I found it a great comfort to no longer have range anxiety too and I think you're feeling the same way, it's nice to know you always have enough juice and not have to worry about it.

I just finished my first ride with one of these on my Magnum Ranger, amazing range.
The other 4 I ordered are for sale...

My son and I love our batteries too, we are strongly considering a little battery business here in our area of the world reselling Jenny's batteries! I hope your's sell well, they are a great buy!!

Back