Just received a new Dorado 25ah battery

@Sandy77

If you didn't buy your battery from @Jenny Mao then there is a really good chance that your battery labeled "25ah" is no where near actually being a 25ah battery.

Battery makers lie.

Jenny doesn't lie.
Her 25ah batteries are actually 25ah.

Here's a 48V 30ah lithium battery from Amazon for $142 CAD !!!

View attachment 148613
@Sandy77

If you didn't buy your battery from @Jenny Mao then there is a really good chance that your battery labeled "25ah" is no where near actually being a 25ah battery.

Battery makers lie.

Jenny doesn't lie.
Her 25ah batteries are actually 25ah.

Here's a 48V 30ah lithium battery from Amazon for $142 CAD !!!

View attachment 148613

Here's an even better deal !!

48 volt 100 amp hours for $107 Canadian dollars!!! Lol

I'm sure that it's built with quality and safety in mind too !!!

Here's an even better deal !!

48 volt 100 amp hours for $107 Canadian dollars!!! Lol

I'm sure that it's built with quality and safety in mind too !!! Lol

View attachment 148614

I'm hoping to some day soon, to have one of Jenny's batteries to call my very own,..
Yes i bought my battery from Jenny aijiu

Hi Guys, I have also bought the 25ah battery from Jenny. Great service as said, very helpful and I highly recommend. I am in NSW Australia and from purchase to delivery on my doorstep was 3 and 1/2 weeks. packaging first rate. I would not normally buy from China but Jenny was helpful and easy to contact and reply. Cheers Peter

I still get battery anxiety since using the previous 16ah battery,so find it hard to stop worrying about battery range& do lots of leg work too on my rides,..

The type of tire and tire pressure have a HUGE impact on range.
Keeping your tires at maximum pressure and maybe installing street/gravel tires (if appropriate) with lower rolling resistance can have a big impact on your range.

Hi Bitmugger,

Curious if you have received the 52v battery and tested on NCM bike?
I have! My son has it on his un-restricted NCM/Amego bike. We also use it on my regular NCM Moscow+ and a Bafang mid-drive we have. The battery is fantastic and works perfect. Great range.
The issue is my son and i haven't done a proper range test to post yet. I think I might need to do the range test myself, my son isn't as dedicated to bike the battery to exhaustion and record the range, lol.

Hi Guys, I have also bought the 25ah battery from Jenny. Great service as said, very helpful and I highly recommend. I am in NSW Australia and from purchase to delivery on my doorstep was 3 and 1/2 weeks. packaging first rate. I would not normally buy from China but Jenny was helpful and easy to contact and reply. Cheers Peter

Jenny's awesome! We still chat. I am starting my 3rd summer on the original 25ah battery and it's still every bit as strong as ever! I plan to post an updated capacity report soon. It continues to work as good today as the first day it arrived! Love the range, I rarely use my 16ah batteries at all now.

Thanks Bitmugger.
Would be interested to know how the 52v compares in range with the 48v.
Whats your preference on the moscow, 48 or 52?

Thanks Bitmugger.
Would be interested to know how the 52v compares in range with the 48v.
Whats your preference on the moscow, 48 or 52?
A more detailed review of the 52v battery is coming. So we have 3 bikes and two of them are NCM Moscows and the 3rd a Bafang Mid-drive. On the moscows my bike is the stock controller and limited to 32km/hr. My son's bike has an de-restricted controller and the bafang is de-restricted too.
We tend to use the 52v on the two de-restricted bikes as they can use the higher speed the higher voltage brings. I've used the 52v and 48v versions of the big battery and for my own bike I prefer the 48v as it has a slightly higher watt-hour rating and and thus more range. On my stock bike I enjoy the 52v seems to bring snappier acceleration but on the de-restricted bikes is where you notice in and those two bikes can do 50km/hr+ with the 52v battery and a little legs.

Agree, the 48V might be better for the bike with resticted controller. It is said that the NCM Moscow of Australia version has 15amp controller, while USA/Canada Version has 18amp controller. Even though both our 48V 25Ah and 52V 20Ah have a 30amp BMS, the controller will shut off earlier than BMS protection when the motor pulls high current.
48V 25Ah is 1200Wh, while 52V 20Ah is 1040Wh. So the 48V will have more biking range.
Also considering some 48V controller might not match the 52V battery, it is better to take a same voltage battery as original one.

Hey all. There's been quite a bit of interest in me testing the real-world capacity of the 52v battery I purchased from Jenny/Aijiu. It's on the meter now! It'll take about 30 hours to finish the test and I'll report results. Battery started at 58.48v and we'll see what watt-hours/amp-hours it has when completed. Expecting around 1000wh. Due to the way the cells are packed in the case there's 5 more cells in the 25ah battery which gives it an overall capacity edge.

Last edited:
Hey everyone,

I completed the overnight battery drain test on my 20ah 52v battery from Jenny. We purchased this battery last summer at start of July and my son used it all summer so it's not brand new. Theoretical capacity is 1040wh, but it you do the math on the actual cell specs it would be around 1020wh and so I was hoping for around 1000wh or better real-world. Actual capacity before it cut-off was 1009wh on my meter. I was very happy with those numbers! Shows the battery is delivering what it advertised even after a year of usage! Thanks Jenny!

Next up will be a re-test of the 25ah going into it's 3rd year of use! It must have lost some capacity by now so lets see how much!

Hey everyone,

I completed the overnight battery drain test on my 20ah 52v battery from Jenny. We purchased this battery last summer at start of July and my son used it all summer so it's not brand new. Theoretical capacity is 1040wh, but it you do the math on the actual cell specs it would be around 1020wh and so I was hoping for around 1000wh or better real-world. Actual capacity before it cut-off was 1009wh on my meter. I was very happy with those numbers! Shows the battery is delivering what it advertised even after a year of usage! Thanks Jenny!

Next up will be a re-test of the 25ah going into it's 3rd year of use! It must have lost some capacity by now so lets see how much!
Thanks for the data. Sounds like it is performing very well. Do you know what current you were discharging at?

Thanks for the data. Sounds like it is performing very well. Do you know what current you were discharging at?
Very low. I literally just use 2 old school 60 watt lightbulbs in parallel. The battery lights them up to about 1/2 brightness vs 120vac. They draw about 1 amp so very slow discharge on my tests, I just don't have another load that is as easy to use. I should use the core of old ceramic heater, they'd pull around 4 amps, I prefer loads I can use with any voltage so I can test lower voltage 12 and 20vdc batteries too and drain them to their cut-off.

Very low. I literally just use 2 old school 60 watt lightbulbs in parallel. The battery lights them up to about 1/2 brightness vs 120vac. They draw about 1 amp so very slow discharge on my tests, I just don't have another load that is as easy to use. I should use the core of old ceramic heater, they'd pull around 4 amps, I prefer loads I can use with any voltage so I can test lower voltage 12 and 20vdc batteries too and drain them to their cut-off.
I have used a 1000 watt space heater or even my George Foreman Grill - The heater draws around 4 amps at 48V.

Hey everyone.

Did another re-test this season of the 25ah battery. The theoretical capacity is 1200wh, after 2+ years of use I can report the measured capacity is 1147wh which I thought was excellent for a battery that has 6000+ km on it and 2 years use (into 3rd year now) .

Year 0 - Capacity 1187wh (capacity from factory)
Year 1 - Capacity 1171wh (4000km)
Year 2 - Capacity 1147wh (6000km)

Last edited:
Back