Reention newly upgrade 48V 25Ah&36V 30Ah (505L) interchangeable for eBikes Surface 604,NCM,Rize,Magnum,Aventon

1690109419967.png
1690109549373.png

In 2021 when i bought my 48v 21Ah I paid €416, which I think was a good price.
1690109969619.png

If you have patience, you can find the best things at the lowest prices on aliexpress/alibaba.
And are willing to bet your life and property on someone that has ZERO skin in the game and nothing to lose by selling you cheaper poorly made products. FFS man. There are hundreds if not thousands of posts regarding counterfeit cells sold on Aliexpress and Alibaba.

And are willing to bet your life and property on someone that has ZERO skin in the game and nothing to lose by selling you cheaper poorly made products. FFS man. There are hundreds if not thousands of posts regarding counterfeit cells sold on Aliexpress and Alibaba.
But the certification labels! Look at the pictures, they have all the certification labels stating they are safe! AliExpress vendors wouldn't lie!

Last edited:
While I do agree that a good safe battery is worth a lot of added cost, ovt's not hallucinating that in general prices have gone up more than costs, & due to what I'm guessing is a bit of relative rarity compared to other case types, prepacked Dorado cases are showing some markup compared to more widely used case types.

Not everyone has hiked prices the same amount, so the same quality battery may be over $200 difference from one vendor to another.

For something as critical as batteries, I'd still prefer a highly reputable vendor like Jenny, or a long-time local builder.

I am glad that other people share my same opinion, it seems that you are among the few who really understood what I wanted to say, if there were no more people like me, like you and others, the prices would be even higher. I always before buying a product study the respective store very well, first of all how old it is, what reputation it has, how many followers it has. And if in the future I want to buy a new battery for my ebike, I will definitely buy from Jenny!

Let's start with Aurora, a new type downtube battery designed by AD company, yes, a new battery box manufactuer. The battery is widly used on Super73 ebikes.
48V 24.5Ah and 52V 21Ah by 18650
48V 20Ah and 52V 20Ah by 21700

1701272013196.png

Dorado seems not a popular type now.
So true! I can see the aesthetic appeal of batteries that fit entirely within the frame, & those batteries which don't fit inside almost might as well be externally mounted like shark packs & triangle packs... but for those of us who like the easy drop-in of the Dorado packs & already own some frames using that mounting method, the decline in new bikes using that mounting method tragically means we are less likely to see newer bigger packs for the ebikes we've already got! 🥺

Correct. The controller (and manufacturers firmware limits) dictates motor power (amperage). Voltage (and manufactures firmware limits) dictates speed.

On my Ride1Up 700 series, I replaced the controller and display (if replacing the controller, you should get it as a kit with a display so it’s sure to work). My bike now has 1200w peak. No heat issues. Just don’t try to push more than 30 amps and you should be fine. I think that is the normal bms rating for most stock ebike batteries. Anymore than that and you’ll start to be limited by the gauge wire coming from the motor and start generating excess heat. I have 16awg wire coming from my motor, so 25 amps is as high as I should go. Chart for reference indicates 22 amps, but that is a very conservative rating. I needed the extra umph for the hills in my area.
Hey there! Could you kindly let me know which controller you used and where you mounted it? Thanks a bunch!

Hey there! Could you kindly let me know which controller you used and where you mounted it? Thanks a bunch!
Sure thing. The set I bought is this one, from aliexpress. I got the option with the LCD8H. I placed this controller where the existing one is. In the cavity under the bottom battery mount. I have the older model 700 series that has the 18650 cells. The newer model battery has 21700 cells and is a bit longer than my model. I'm not sure if both models have the same size cavity under the bottom battery mount.

,.. The set I bought is this one, from aliexpress. I got the option with the LCD8H.

That's a good deal,..

Screenshot_20240114-213313_DuckDuckGo.jpg

I paid $60 more a year ago,..

Screenshot_20240114-212618_AliExpress.jpg

I've got the waterproof plugs but I ended up soldering half the wires directly into the controller anyway.

I should have bought the SM version.
I could have shortened the cable and soldered it directly into my controller, then I wouldn't have all this wire wrapped around my steering tube,..

20230327_143837.jpg

Oh well,..
I'll know for next time.

@INSJBLM If you buy your controller and display separately, you can get this display version with a color graphic display,..

Screenshot_20240114-221544_AliExpress.jpg

This one has a USB port,..

Screenshot_20240114-221514_AliExpress.jpg

There's an upright version too,..

Screenshot_20240114-221738_AliExpress.jpg

Last edited:
So true! I can see the aesthetic appeal of batteries that fit entirely within the frame, & those batteries which don't fit inside almost might as well be externally mounted like shark packs & triangle packs... but for those of us who like the easy drop-in of the Dorado packs & already own some frames using that mounting method, the decline in new bikes using that mounting method tragically means we are less likely to see newer bigger packs for the ebikes we've already got! 🥺

ProphetZarqon, ovt, and tomjasz:
You each have hit the nail right on the head when it comes to the Reention Dorado battery casing for ebike usage.
However, there is now a “ReentionDorado battery purchaser beware” factor to deal with. It involves this company:
WIREDebikes https://wiredebikes.com/products/wired-freedom
andit involves this battery set-up (check out the 2023 model AND the 2024 model):
https://wiredebikes.com/pages/battery-collection

I own 6 ebikes, each using the Reention Dorado. I own 11 examples of that style battery in total (see photo). Every battery is usable with all 6 ebikes-- except for the 2 “short” batteries (those are a one-way street, so to speak). I use 48v, 52v, and 60v batteries. Mix-and-match. No problemo. I have never had to even form a thought about compatibility. Until I bought the two 60v/20ah batteries from WIRED in the summer of 2023. The batteries I purchased are “the2023 model”.
So, if you (the viewer) already own a Reention Dorado battery casing ebike, and are thinking about expanding your own ebike posse, be forewarned that the 2024 WIRED ebike/battery set-up will NOT be compatible with your own not-a-WIRED ebike, nor it's battery.

Why companies do this sort of “proprietary usage” crap is beyond me. All I want is a (+) and a (-) on the connector. Either the battery works.. or it doesn't. So, before you go spending $2,000+ on a new ebike, or $800.00 on a new battery, do your homework BigTime. No Refunds, ya know.

By the way, in the photo there is a cardboard box. It contains a brand new 48v/20ah battery that came with my 2023 M2S(brand) AllTerrainCargo(model) ebike, as delivered on Oct 20,2023(3 months ago). I see no reason to open/use it for the time being.
The 5 batteries pictured on the right side of the box are now currently in use/rotation. 2 of them are 3+ years old, so their “expiration” date/time is probably only a few months away. The 5 batteries on the left(Trust No One, etc) of the box have already “expired”. I just keep them around because I can.

Attachments

• FILE0004.JPG
    FILE0004.JPG
    272.7 KB · Views: 25
Back