Reduce throttle start up.

looseheadset

Region
USA
I have a C965 controller. With a 3 PAS.If I start out using the throttle it could rip the bars out of my hands or do a wheelie.
IS there a way to slow the start up speed?
Jon

I have a C965 controller. With a 3 PAS.If I start out using the throttle it could rip the bars out of my hands or do a wheelie.
IS there a way to slow the start up speed?
Jon
If you have a Bafang mid drive... You may be able to change the throttle settings in the programming done with a pc via USB adapter
Is it a mid-drive?
Is it the UART controller? (round or 5 Sided display connector)

Last edited:
If you have a Bafang mid drive... You may be able to change the throttle settings in the programming done with a pc via USB adapter
Is it a mid-drive?
Is it the UART controller? (round or 5 Sided display connector)
Thank you.
It is a mid drive..it has 5 button controller.
If I change to a 7 PAS FROM 3..Would THAT affect the throttle
Thank you for your help.
Jon

Thank you.
It is a mid drive..it has 5 button controller.
If I change to a 7 PAS FROM 3..Would THAT affect the throttle
Thank you for your help.
Jon
No... The throttle settings are handled in the controller, not the display.
Follow the display wire to the connector and see if it is round.

This you can program
images.jpeg

This you can not
download.jpeg

Do you know which motor you have?

Thank you. I have round connectors.
The motor is 750w.
My controller is. C965
fyi...
The display is C965.
The controller which is separate and part of the motor (where all the wires emerge) is what you will need to program.
You can order that cable from California eBikes or eBay, Amazon etc...
Then you will need to download the software to a PC to make changes to the throttle and you can also make other motor controller parameter changes.
You can read this article for some background. You can also search on this forum for more information or just ask more questions.

Thank you for ALL your help and part claritfication.
I'll read article & order the cable.
Thanks for sharing your knowledge. I'll let you know how it goes.
Jon

fyi...
The display is C965.
The controller which is separate and part of the motor (where all the wires emerge) is what you will need to program.
Then you will need to download the software to a PC to make changes to the throttle and you can also make other motor controller parameter changes.
You can read this article for some background. You can also search on this forum for more information or just ask more questions.
Hello again
I looked up my records. I bought my conversion kit July 2017 from EM3ev.Mine is BBSO1 & BBSHD. I only have 400 miles on it.
The Manuals are no longer in my computer. I may have a hard copy some place.
I can see where my unit needs some tweeking.
Jon

Hello again
I looked up my records. I bought my conversion kit July 2017 from EM3ev.Mine is BBSO1 & BBSHD. I only have 400 miles on it.
The Manuals are no longer in my computer. I may have a hard copy some place.
I can see where my unit needs some tweeking.
Jon
Good
Both motors can be programmed.
The manuals are not much help... Unless you have something that no one else seems to be able to get a hold of.
Let us know what you want to change on the motor and there are many here that can help you with programming.

Good
Both motors can be programmed.
The manuals are not much help... Unless you have something that no one else seems to be able to get a hold of.
Let us know what you want to change on the motor and there are many here that can help you with programming.
Thanks.
Cable on order. I'll need some help probably

fyi...
The display is C965.
I have ordered the cable. Where do I get the software??
What I hope to achieve by reprogramming.
Slow down throttle so I can get going on an incline without doing a wheelie.
I have 3 PAS levels. #1 doesn't provide much help.Rarely used.Level 2 is what I use mostly on hills & if I get tired. level 3 is too powerfulI. almost as powerfully as the throttle. High speed is not my objective. I always try to get a work out. I live in an area that has hills with 9 % grade. My current PAS 2 handles steep easily in low gear.
Can I increase to 5 PAS levels? Smooth out shifting.
Lost password.... Can I reset?
Thanks. I'm glad I found EBR.
Jon
20210422_131418.jpg

I have ordered the cable. Where do I get the software??
What I hope to achieve by reprogramming.
Slow down throttle so I can get going on an incline without doing a wheelie.
I have 3 PAS levels. #1 doesn't provide much help.Rarely used.Level 2 is what I use mostly on hills & if I get tired. level 3 is too powerfulI. almost as powerfully as the throttle. High speed is not my objective. I always try to get a work out. I live in an area that has hills with 9 % grade. My current PAS 2 handles steep easily in low gear.
Can I increase to 5 PAS levels? Smooth out shifting.
Lost password.... Can I reset?
Thanks. I'm glad I found EBR.
JonView attachment 97897
Here is SOFTWARE DOWNLOAD.
Yes you should be able to do all the things you desire.
To Change PAS from 3 to 5 or 9 is done with display. I do believe you will need password for this. Default is 1919 or 9191. I am sorry but I do not know how to reset.. but maybe some else can help.
Calling 📯 @tomjasz aka 😇Santo Bafango😇
When I have a few moments I will add some throttle adjustments you can try.

edit: also try 0512 for password

Last edited:
Here is SOFTWARE DOWNLOAD.
Yes you should be able to do all the things you desire.
To Change PAS from 3 to 5 or 9 is done with display. I do believe you will need password for this. Default is 1919 or 9191. I am sorry but I do not know how to reset.. but maybe some else can help.
Calling 📯 @tomjasz aka 😇Santo Bafango😇
When I have a few moments I will add some throttle adjustments you can try.

edit: also try 0512 for password
Thank you for the Software download and password help.
Ill try not to be a pest. You all here have been very helpful. Thanks.
I can fix most anything on a bike but I am not software/computer savy.
I have the upmost respect for those who are.
Patiently awaiting my cable.
Jon

You will see very soon after playing around with the programming that there is no such thing as an ideal set of settings. Whats best for you will be determined by you after you learn how the various settings interact, then tweaking, riding, tweaking and tweaking some more.

Here's a different take on those. It leads back to an earlier article with more variations. Whats good for one person can suck for another so don't treat any of this as gospel until you decide you want to try it and like it yourself.

I will say I think that without question you should go to 9 assist settings. Fewer settings = fewer choices and you can end up with too little and the next step up is too much.

You will see very soon after playing around with the programming that there is no such thing as an ideal set of settings. Whats best for you will be determined by you after you learn how the various settings interact, then tweaking, riding, tweaking and tweaking some more.

Here's a different take on those. It leads back to an earlier article with more variations. Whats good for one person can suck for another so don't treat any of this as gospel until you decide you want to try it and like it yourself.

I will say I think that without question you should go to 9 assist settings. Fewer settings = fewer choices and you can end up with too little and the next step up is too much.
Thank You ! I agree with you. My current settings (3). Im already in the too little choices catagory.
Ill have to play around and see what works.

Nothing to remove... You plug the USB adapter into the display cable
Minor disagreement. In order to plug your new cable into the display cable, you'll need to disconnect the display..... ;)

Back