Pictures - Zen Samurai Diamond and Wave designs

Those are great looking e-bikes !
What is the stock tire width for 700c ?
Can you post a photo of the bikes with 700c ?

Last edited:
Those are great looking e-bikes !
What is the stock tire width for 700c ?
Can you post a photo of the bikes with 700c ?

The bike can accept 27.5" or 27.5"plus at 2.8" or a 29er with 2.3"
700C is very similar to a 29er in diameter but we will have to switch out the wheel. We will try to take some pictures in a few months when we have the 29er wheel.
Right now, everything is designed around 27.5" and works pretty well.

I'm still blown away by how slick and stealthy these bikes look. Just beautiful! And it's a comparatively small detail compared to everything this bike offers, but the ZEN logo looks simple and elegant. Can't wait for the reviews to start rolling out and to get my hands on a Zen Diamond!

1614215478921.png

I'm still blown away by how slick and stealthy these bikes look. Just beautiful! And it's a comparatively small detail compared to everything this bike offers, but the ZEN logo looks simple and elegant. Can't wait for the reviews to start rolling out and to get my hands on a Zen Diamond!

You will be pleasantly surprised when your Samurai shows up in a few months :)

@Ravi Kempaiah I really like the design, color choice and components of this bike. It comes with a configuration that barely needs any customization on the rider's part. It should be a very low maintenance fun ride.

A question, I remember Schwalbe planning to release a new version of super moto tires do you know when or if they will still offer it?

@Ravi Kempaiah I really like the design, color choice and components of this bike. It comes with a configuration that barely needs any customization on the rider's part. It should be a very low maintenance fun ride.

A question, I remember Schwalbe planning to release a new version of super moto tires do you know when or if they will still offer it?
They already did.

I remember Schwalbe planning to release a new version of super moto tires do you know when or if they will still offer it?

Thanks for this note, I did have a discussion with Schwalbe last year. The new Supermoto tires are coming to the US market this year.
Aside from the tread pattern, it actually has lesser flat protection (race guard) than the current generation ones (Greengard rubber). I also suspect that the tread pattern would make it slippery on wet surfaces or in Canadian provinces where snow/salt covers 5 out of 12 months in a year. I don't think it will match the current gen Supermotos in terms of service life. Although it has Addix compound,
it is not rated for long service life. Most importantly, the lack of flat protection is not something I can compromise on bikes that have IGH. E-bikes can afford a little bit of weight penalty and have a slightly heavy duty tires. For all these reasons, I did not order the Addix compound-Supermotos.

1614473169026.png

1614473248012.png

Thanks for this note, I did have a discussion with Schwalbe last year. The new Supermoto tires are coming to the US market this year.
Aside from the tread pattern, it actually has lesser flat protection (race guard) than the current generation ones (Greengard rubber). I also suspect that the tread pattern would make it slippery on wet surfaces or in Canadian provinces where snow/salt covers 5 out of 12 months in a year. I don't think it will match the current gen Supermotos in terms of service life. Although it has Addix compound,
it is not rated for long service life. Most importantly, the lack of flat protection is not something I can compromise on bikes that have IGH. E-bikes can afford a little bit of weight penalty and have a slightly heavy duty tires. For all these reasons, I did not order the Addix compound-Supermotos.

View attachment 80201

View attachment 80202
I agree with your comments about the protection and durability of the original SuperMoto-X... far better than the new SuperMoto.

View attachment 80201

View attachment 80202

Thanks Ravi, makes sense. That thread pattern should be good for dry weather/roads but will be poor for anything else. So for Canada they are not the right choice as you said.

Schwalbe rates them the same as the older model in terms of durability though(maybe they didn't update the website).

@Ravi - any update on timing and Canadian availability for the Samurai step thru?

There may be one or two pre-production models in step-thru design currently in our Canadian facility.
If that is of interest to you, please feel free to connect via email or DM here.

Back