Pannier Recommendations

BurroBabe

Region
USA
City
Chemung, NY
I have been looking for a roomy rear pannier (or pair) for my Turbo Vado. It will be mostly for shopping, groceries, and also trips to visit friends locally. I don't want to overload on the bike, as I do have a tyke trailer for very big shopping trips and I need for it to be cheap. Although I would love to go with cotton canvas for environmental reasons, I can't go the cost for good English-made ones so I just want something that will ride securely and hold a decent amount, 25L max.
Can anyone share their thoughts on good construction, fabrics, and brands trustworthiness. I would rather buy one good pannier (I have another from a pair that is a bit small but usable on the derailleur side). I've been looking at Rock Bros mostly (lots of low cost ones on Ebay), maybe Rhinowalk, tho more expensive.

Thanks!

First of all @BurroBabe, I'm so glad to have you back there! I was thinking of you!

Be kind to post the pictures and experience in
Vado User Club :)
Thank you!

I am afraid I can only recommend Ortlieb panniers but these are definitely not cheap!
Here, one of my faves, which I usually take for my grocery shopping rides:
Vario, QL2.1, 26 litres

The beauty of this bag is it is a well thought pannier-backpack. There is a little strap with a buckle, which is attached to a flap.

1724399274398.png

In one strapped position, you have a pannier with three heavily adjustable hooks.

1724399535004.png

Just unbuckle the strap, move the flap all the way behind, re-buckle, and you have a backpack :)

An excellent thing, only pretty expensive, as anything from Ortlieb!

Besides, the Vado rack is really sturdy!

1724399774989.png

On my usual grocery shopping. The black bag is the new Ortlieb Vario. The "petrol" one is the old version of Vario that was far from being perfect as a pannier-backpack (that's why Ortlieb has redesigned the Vario). Additionally, I carry a re-usable backpack made from recyclable material I bought at that supermarket :)

I like the Topeak MTS DXP 22.6L rack bag with fold out panniers and pop-up top options for space on demand (around $105, Amazon). The spouse has the Velcro version on her Radcity and I have the plastic bottom QuickTrack bag version for my Radrover with Topeak fat tire rear rack track system. We mostly use the top bag for tools, spare parts, and storage for riding gear like padded gloves, eye wear, or locks/chains. I like the option of folding up the panniers if not needed for a streamline look. We have more dust/dirt/sand than rain in the southwest. No problems with contents getting dusty or wet in those conditions. I used my panniers more when work commuting to store cold riding gear because it can be near/below freezing in the morning and +50 degrees F by afternoon.

I also have a two Osprey daypacks (Radial 34 and Comet). I like using the daypack a little better compared to the panniers when we hit the local famer's market because I can carry my valuables and purchased items with us if we make additional stops. The daypack is also great for hiking or being my tech bag for laptop/ipad/headphones and other accessories when we travel.

Folded up MTS DXP on Radcity attached with Velcro:
Topeak MTX.jpg

Fully extended 22.6L MTS bag, holder on rear for CamelBak Chill 21-oz water bottle, I added an extra rear light because the folded out panniers hide the Radcity's rear light, and have the optional rain cover (not shown):
Topeak MTX II.jpg

Back