Gonna Happen This Spring

I'm not sure when back in the days were (was?), but they are a souther Cal company that made BMXs since the late '70s. Not sure when they started ebikes, but the lbs owner says they are good to deal with, and they did respond to my email quickly. I'm curious to see who will use the EP6.
That indeed sounds like they are the same. I think they made some bmx's that were big(over sized) but not quite mountain bikes at one point?

I guess you could say that about any motor…..right? I have an E8000 and love it!
I just notice with Shimano motors it's seem more people are on one side or other. People don't seem to be so polarized with the other top brands.

Hi Nomad, I am truely brand agnostic. I don't buy enough to enjoy any sense of brand loyalty. I did ride a Bosch Performance Speed motor today on a Gazelle Medeo T10 (according to the sales rep). It definitely had more whine to it than the Shimano.

It did say Gazelle, it was marked Medeo, but after removing the battery, it weighed in at 54lb. The Gazelle website puts it at 50lbs. This was this year's version with Gen 4 Bosch motor, I thought bikes would be getting lighter. It was heavier to peddle than I remember in the fall. The narrower tires didn't do well in the snow fields I tried to cross. The Purion display felt minimal. But could be updated to a Kiox. The 55 size felt smallish, even with the handle bar rotated forward. It felt smaller than a Medium sized 60+lb Cube Katmandu I tried.

Isn't it wonderful to have standards, I guess that is why there are so many of them. Bike sizes in inches, centimeters, S M L XL. I guess the arithmatic is easy enough on the first 2, just venting.
Gaxelle-Medeo-T10.jpg

Last edited:
First and foremost- thanks for all the input and suggestions. It is a big help.

Did a 15 mile 2nd test ride of the Haro, a lot of mud, snow, and slush. It is an all Shimano bike with a Taiwanese frame.

It was the 20" frame and sat half off the back of the saddle.

It's 46lb weren't definitely somewhat heaver to ride without power than my 35lb Trek. I guess fenders and a rack will add to that.

The E6100 had a great power range. The ride was 50% power off, but when the wind came up or a hill, it was nice to have and never needed to be put on High. Got into 'Normal' power once, it was more than enough.

The Deore cassette was smoother shifting than the Alivio that has been on other bikes at this price, and the gear range seems better for hills.

The sizing of the front sprocket and small gear made 15-17mph comfortable at my 60ish revs/min.

The battery indicator has 20% increments. It was at '60-80%' at the start and at the end. So the 504Wh battery is plenty for me.

The large 6100 display was mostly readable and the power consumption indicator, when readable, helped me understand when the motor was working hard and it was time to shift.

The best, turned out to be the LBS, Niwot Wheels. The owner would not accept an offer to pay a rental fee in spite of getting a filthy bike back that I just wiped down. Offered to order the 22" with a refundable downpayment if it didn't feel good and use it as a rental. He even offered to swap out tires to something less aggressive for free.

So the saga continues, and thanks!
I would say that having a great LBS to sell and service your bike, should tip the scales

Hi Nomad, I am truely brand agnostic. I don't buy enough to enjoy any sense of brand loyalty. I did ride a Bosch Performance Speed motor today on a Gazelle Medeo T10 (according to the sales rep). It definitely had more whine to it than the Shimano.

It did say Gazelle, it was marked Medeo, but after removing the battery, it weighed in at 54lb. The Gazelle website puts it at 50lbs. This was this year's version with Gen 4 Bosch motor, I thought bikes would be getting lighter. It was heavier to peddle than I remember in the fall. The narrower tires didn't do well in the snow fields I tried to cross. The Purion display felt minimal. But could be updated to a Kiox. The 55 size felt smallish, even with the handle bar rotated forward. It felt smaller than a Medium sized 60+lb Cube Katmandu I tried.

Isn't it wonderful to have standards, I guess that is why there are so many of them. Bike sizes in inches, centimeters, S M L XL. I guess the arithmatic is easy enough on the first 2, just venting.View attachment 146442
I think being brand loyal is hard to do in today's market. I think the thing to do is try to Stick with the know good bicycle manufacturers for the most part. That being said I do like Giant for Ebike I have but I have not owned others. Trek has made real good bikes in the past and think they still do but prices are not quite so attractive.

I think being brand loyal is hard to do in today's market. I think the thing to do is try to Stick with the know good bicycle manufacturers for the most part. That being said I do like Giant for Ebike I have but I have not owned others. Trek has made real good bikes in the past and think they still do but prices are not quite so attractive.
Nomad- Which Giant are you riding? Are you on many hills? How do you find the Yamaha motor? The large front sprocket and smaller cassette range have me a bit concernedmwith all the hills here. That said, I am on my way to the local Giant shop to see about their pre-season sale today. :)

Nomad- Which Giant are you riding? Are you on many hills? How do you find the Yamaha motor? The large front sprocket and smaller cassette range have me a bit concernedmwith all the hills here. That said, I am on my way to the local Giant shop to see about their pre-season sale today. :)
I have Stance E2 and a Reign E2 so a little bit different than what you're looking for but both the 70nm and 85nm climb hills well.

Back