Pannier bags and Wallke rear rack

Mike8857

Region
USA
City
From Amazon I ordered Ibera Bicycle Bag PakRak Clip-On Quick-Release. When it came I was very pleased with the size and quality of these bags. BUT it has the quick release clips that fit a 10mm rack. The Wallke rack is 19mm. I had to return these and now that I am aware of the potential problem when I look for a replacement, I'll keep this in mind. I just thought it worth while to make other Wallke folks know.

UPDATE: I've returned these bags to Amazon. I've been searching for an alternative. Hopefully, you folks have been through this and can suggest pannier bags. Here are the parameters that I am looking for:

1 - I don't want an attached trunk bag.
2 - I want either a single or dual saddle bags that are unattached to one another.
3 - Quick release was a requirement but because the Wallke rack is 19mm (3/4") that may not be available.
4 - A handle that can be convenient for carrying.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Last edited:

Attachments

• RearRack.jpg
    RearRack.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 648
Last edited:
I have the 2021 Wallke X3 Pro that arrived about 1 month ago. That bike came a very sturdy rack.

theemartymac Thank you for the feedback. I'll look into this.
you were lucky - we regret buying our bikes last summer without the knowledge that 1) wallke don't have any rear racks 2) we wouldn't be able find a suitable after market rear rack 3) wallke would soon be launching a bike with a rear rack..................
the frustrating thing is if you look at the seat stays (on both the 2020 and 2021), they are separate pieces of metal that attach to the frame, the 2021 ones having mounting holes - so logically speaking, Wallke could sell the newer versions for us to swap out and we'd the be able to add the wallke racks - but they are saying that the rack is only an integral part of the new bike and not a separate part/accessory.............

Ok so I have spent literally hours trying to find creative solutions...isn’t easy when I’m a newbie to bikes and therefore don’t have the familiarity a bike veteran would have for what items exist to use for this issue - anyone familiar with these?
M-Wave Seatpost Clamp with Rack Mounts https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007Y5EHCG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glc_fabc_oAj-Fb1FB21ME?psc=1
Those are meant for fixed suspension. Aren't you trying to put it on a full suspension bike?

Those are meant for fixed suspension. Aren't you trying to put it on a full suspension bike?
Thank you for pointing out something important that I clearly have no clue on!!! Just goes to show how the lack of any type of after sales customer service could be pretty catastrophic for a newbie bike owner like me. I’m literally the blind leading the blind!!! Wish there was someone from Wallke who’d be up for direct video communications to help owners make additions to their bikes with compatible items.....getting tired of everything being blamed on Covid....

I have the 2021 Wallke X3 Pro that arrived about 1 month ago. That bike came a very sturdy rack.
Ortlieb makes 18mm quick releases for some of their line.

https://www.ortlieb.com/uk_en/ql2-1-mounting-hooks-18-mm-and-adjustable-handle

Also consider motorcycle soft panniers if you can find a good deal. 18mm is a more common motorcycle rail size.
theemartymac Thank you for the feedback. I'll look into this.
Today, my 2nd choice pannier bags I ordered arrived. These bags cost $26 and have 3400 positive reviews. I put them on the bike and they are fine. No problem with thickness of the rails because they have straps. These are not the greatest of quality but with all these reviews, they will serve their purpose.
Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/BV-Panniers-Adjustable-Carrying-Reflective/dp/B00ESLVDIU/ref=sr_1_7?crid=2CLZLFRAPP9BS&dchild=1&keywords=e+bike+pannier+bags&qid=1610141640&sprefix=e+bike+pannier%2Caps%2C154&sr=8-7
PannierBags.jpg

Terry, what rack do you have on your Wallke?
Oh, I don’t have the Walke. Sorry bro, didn’t think. I can take a picture tomorrow and show you. What width of tubing does your rack have? My rack is in my profile pic if that helps?

Thank you for pointing out something important that I clearly have no clue on!!! Just goes to show how the lack of any type of after sales customer service could be pretty catastrophic for a newbie bike owner like me. I’m literally the blind leading the blind!!! Wish there was someone from Wallke who’d be up for direct video communications to help owners make additions to their bikes with compatible items.....getting tired of everything being blamed on Covid....
I'd say the most reliable options are either seat post beam racks, or floating racks front and back with lighter distributed loads. Beam racks are fine for light loads under 20-30lbs and primarily smooth roads and trails if you avoid the strap style post retention systems, and stick with ones with a screw/bolted clamp. If you want to use a full sized pannier, or carry more load, you will need a seat stay mounted rack. Here are some ideas (not endorsements) of popular general use ones for full suspension bikes. At least somewhere to start, but you'll have to verify fat tire width compliance, or be prepared to modify it a bit....

See Tetra rack and Beam Rack at Topeak:

And just keep in mind that there is a good reason heavy rack options don't exist for FS bikes. Adding unsprung weight reduces the effectiveness of suspension rapidly. The tire can't move quickly enough over rough terrain when it's got an extra 50-70 lbs of weight to react with (vs sprung weight - frame and rider - that don't move very much at all). If you really want to carry big loads, you are probably still better off with a hard tail and put your suspension on the seatpost and front end. For just a little cushier road ride, not a problem.

SOLVED: I started this thread because I couldn't find saddle bags (panniers) that would fit the Wallke X3 Pro 19mm (3/4") rear rack. I wanted something that could hold volume but would not be all that bulky when not used. I gave up on the quick release bags although Tourbon bags where a close 2nd to my final choice ArcEnCiel Bike Bag from Amazon. These are tremendously large bags that compress to a flat reasonable size. They easily hold the helmet and groceries. These are the solution to my needs and would recommend them.
WallkeEBike2c.jpg

Last edited:
From Amazon I ordered Ibera Bicycle Bag PakRak Clip-On Quick-Release. When it came I was very pleased with the size and quality of these bags. BUT it has the quick release clips that fit a 10mm rack. The Wallke rack is 19mm. I had to return these and now that I am aware of the potential problem when I look for a replacement, I'll keep this in mind. I just thought it worth while to make other Wallke folks know.

UPDATE: I've returned these bags to Amazon. I've been searching for an alternative. Hopefully, you folks have been through this and can suggest pannier bags. Here are the parameters that I am looking for:

2 - I want either a single or dual saddle bags that are unattached to one another.
3 - Quick release was a requirement but because the Wallke rack is 19mm (3/4") that may not be available.

Thanks for the info. I ordered Gonex bags same time I ordered my bike. Wish I found this forum earlier. Though, my rack came welded with a literal twist in it. So maybe by the time Wallke comes around to replacing the rack instead of telling me to bend it straight, I can get new bags! I like what you chose. If the Gonex bags fit the 3/4 rack I'll post again. Thanks again.

Terry, did the Rhinowalk fit the Wallke rack? I got a similar bag and clips were too small for the rack. Sent it back to Amazon. Looking again...
I don’t have the Wallke buddy. I can take a pic of my rear rack so you can see if it’s the same shape as yours and I can check tube sizes if you want so you can compare. Mine ripped beyond repair after it caught on a bent out of shape road sign as I passed it. I would still highly recommend it though as it was a great bag with plenty of room and looked nice on my bike. It was a totally freak accident that killed it. I will buy another as soon as I am back out riding again, my bikes been off the road for the last couple of months with a smashed up drive train and should be fixed in the next couple of days.

My rack has over size tube diameter. About 19mm or 3/4"
Last bags fit 5/8" tubes So were too small. Id appreciate the info. I like that type of bag. Thanks.
I don’t have the Wallke buddy. I can take a pic of my rear rack so you can see if it’s the same shape as yours and I can check tube sizes if you want so you can compare. Mine ripped beyond repair after it caught on a bent out of shape road sign as I passed it. I would still highly recommend it though as it was a great bag with plenty of room and looked nice on my bike. It was a totally freak accident that killed it. I will buy another as soon as I am back out riding again, my bikes been off the road for the last couple of months with a smashed up drive train and should be fixed in the next couple of days.

I have a Wallke F1 which has no braze-ons for a rear rack. I’ve tried a couple racks. I finally ended up with a Rambo Extra Large Luggage Rack. It fits extremely well and clears the rotor and cables. Just like with any bike without built-in rack mounts it requires coming up with attachment hardware. I carry a 13s8p 20ah battery and a bag with my tools, tubes, pump, lock and repair parts. I also strap a duffel bag on a platform over the battery and tool bag. I carry a fair amount of weight so the rack has to mount securely. I got all the hardware I needed from Amazon.
Rambo Rack
Upper rack mount to brake bridge bracket
Strut end fitting, 8mmx1.25 female thread and 6mm mounting hole. Strut was filed down to 7.87mm diameter and treaded with a Hanson M8x1.25mm Die from Ace Hardware.
¾” rubber insulated stainless steel clamps. Double stacked to increase strength/rigidity.
¾” stainless steel T-bolt HD hose clamps. used as a stop to prevent lower mounting clamps to creep down seat stays with heavy rack load.

See photos for visual aids for the install. I drilled where necessary to use the larger stainless bolts supplied with the Rambo rack.
D2BFACF8-6B8E-491F-BE27-A674D48FA598.jpeg
6A85B2F0-9C48-4A20-AB02-FE7AD8E0960B.jpeg
10BB3715-E34E-402C-B7A7-75D5858E931D.jpeg
BD8C3EC0-7298-4514-A044-8A5B37FA7E62.jpeg
B9B75036-EE90-40AD-85D3-C5DC62E53949.jpeg

Attachments

• 2E4FD4FD-7B66-48E1-B308-ADBD6AB9075E.jpeg
    2E4FD4FD-7B66-48E1-B308-ADBD6AB9075E.jpeg
    256.7 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:

I ended up with the Himiway saddlebags they look real nice for the Wallkee X3 Pro.... they fit real nice. they're large. I think they're $34 they were half off

Back