Fat tire ebike for short rider

Also, as a woman who is normal sized for a woman but small on the human continuum I suppose, don't forget to think about reach. This is a mistake I have made in the past. I find it very uncomfortable if I have to stretch to the bars so consider that when looking. You can always update a bike with different handlebars and stem risers but just something to keep in mind.
You bring up a very good point about reach; I've been looking at it as well. Strangely, some of the 20" wheel bikes have a much longer reach than the 24" or 26" bikes. Looks uncomfortable, and like you're riding a clown bike in a Shriner parade.

Why do you think that you need a special bike only because of your height? There are so many good models on the market which are suitable for all the riders, seat height can be regulated etc. E-Scout fat tire ebike is one of my favorite models at the moment , especially considering very attractive price they have at the moment.
Hydraulic Disc Brakes in this bike are just awesome, never had such a brakes in my other bikes.

Last edited:
You bring up a very good point about reach; I've been looking at it as well. Strangely, some of the 20" wheel bikes have a much longer reach than the 24" or 26" bikes. Looks uncomfortable, and like you're riding a clown bike in a Shriner parade.
It can be an issue with folders. You can change out the bars to compensate but it's something to be aware of. With my Pedego Element I installed a bar riser to bring the handlebars up and back so they are closer. They still could be closer but I am too lazy to change out the bars now because I have another bike with more comfy bars, these ones work in winter, and I have to get a new cable for my Ortlieb front bag.

I have an Aventure.2 and was married to someone 5'3" for a long time, and I can't imagine her riding it. The only thing smaller about the smaller frame is a shorter seatpost.

I think the obvious Aventon choice is the Sinch.2. 30% smaller wheels = 30% more effective torque from the hub motor. Still fat tires for floating on grass. The 500W max just limits top speed.

i was recently looking for my wife so i have a spreadsheet of the cheapest full suspension models with integrated batteries it seems like the Reaspire Knight bike is the cheapest in that category that fits your 26x4 and 750W requirement.
PriceEbikeBatteryMotor nmTire SizeBike WeightMax LoadFrame MaterialControllerMin Height
$1,100.00Scooway Hero15AH80 nm27.5x3.064 Lbs330 Lbs6061 Aluminum48V5’5
$1,200.00Reaspire Knight16AH85 nm26x4.066 Lbs300 Lbs6061 Aluminum48V 25A5’4
$1,300.00Freesky Rocky15AH85 nm20x4.075 Lbs300 Lbs6061 Aluminum48V 22A5’1

There is also the cheapest full suspension middrive i could find which has a minimum height of 5'4
$1,990.00Accolmile ColaBear/RocketBear 1S MidDrive17.5AH120 nm29"66 Lbs 300 Lbs

I have an Aventure.2 and was married to someone 5'3" for a long time, and I can't imagine her riding it. The only thing smaller about the smaller frame is a shorter seatpost.

I think the obvious Aventon choice is the Sinch.2. 30% smaller wheels = 30% more effective torque from the hub motor. Still fat tires for floating on grass. The 500W max just limits top speed.
Ben, thanks for replying. (I also really appreciated your post on reasons NOT to buy an Aventure 2.) Min. seat height on the Aventure 2 regular frame is 32.3", which is a tad too high for me. I have looked at the Sinch, but the standover height is too tall at 27.6 inches. I'm looking for a step through frame because I'll be riding it on a hilly golf course and will have to get on/off the bike multiple times. The course requires tires that are at least 3.5 inches wide, which is why I'm looking at fatties (and not commuters or cruisers). So far the closest I've come to my requirements is the Specialized Globe Haul ST, but it costs $2965 shipped with a throttle (before tax). The Magicycle Ocelot Pro and the Cyrusher Kommoda also meet my requirements, but I'm uncertain if their customer service is any good. If you have any other suggestions for ebikes to consider, I'd love to hear them.

I'm looking now at 20"Ebikes for my wife for this very reason. Down to the aventon sinch 2 and magicycle ocelot pro, maybe the crusher kommodo? Have any experience with these? Thanks

Cheapest doesn't always = the best choice, the company and customer service are also huge factors, at least a company like Aventon have been around for a while and have established themselves as a solid brand.

Cheapest doesn't always = the best choice, the company and customer service are also huge factors, at least a company like Aventon have been around for a while and have established themselves as a solid brand.
Understood and agreed. Looking like I'll be searching for best deal between now and black Friday on a pace 500.3 😊thx

Just in case anyone is interested in my final choice, I went with an Evelo Omega. I've ridden it all summer on the golf course (and elsewhere) and have been very happy with it. The tires aren't fat; they're 2.8 inch non-nobbies. But they work fine on wet grass. The quality of the components is excellent: 750 watt (115 nm) mid drive motor, Gates belt drive, 720 wh battery, hydraulic disc brakes, etc. I especially appreciate the Enviololo rear hub, which is essentially an automatic CVT transmission (in lieu of a cluster of manual gears and a rear derailleur/shifter). That way I can concentrate on playing golf rather than constantly thinking about shifting gears on our hilly golf course. The stepover height is just a tad high, but easily manageable. I bought a purpose-built golf bag attachment kit that mounts on the left side of the rear rack, and it works great. The bag carrier tilts out and acts as a kickstand when parking the bike, and tilts back upright when I'm riding. I don't notice the extra weight on the left side while riding, although I do have to be a bit careful when making left turns on a steep hillside (due to the 4" ground clearance of the bag carrier). Evelo customer service has been stellar. They've answered all my questions promptly and even sent me a free stem so I could lower the handlebars a bit. Two friends liked my Evelo so much they also ordered Evelo bikes (one Omega, one Galaxy Lux) and also have been very pleased. Evelos do require a bit of minor assembly: insert stem and mount handlebars, mount front wheel on forks, install pedals. But I'm a 76 yo woman, and I didn't have any trouble doing it all by myself. I did want to buy from a LBS, but no one had a bike with all the features I wanted at a price I could afford. So far the bike has completely trouble free, although I will soon have to replace the brake pads. (Riding on the golf course I constantly have to stop and start the bike, so I've been using the brakes far more than one would on an average bike ride. Probably have to use the brakes over 100 times per round of golf.) All in all, I can wholeheartedly recommend my Evelo Omega.

We have the Magicycle Cruiser, which is honestly too big for me at 5'9". At 69 years old, I cannot step through it, must swing my leg over. We also have the Ocelot Pro, which would be great for a short person, it is very comfortable to get on and off. My wife has hand problems and appreciates the hydraulic brakes which are quite nice. Not sure if the specs match your rebate requirements. The build quality seems to be very good, no complaints. Do not even consider the Cruiser, you will regret it.

Back