1176 miles (1881.6 km)
From 11/08/21 to date

Total for 2021
2122.15 miles (3395.44 km)

For comparison my mileage for 2020 was
Raleigh Motus GT
106.21 (169.94 km)
From 25/03/20 to 13/04/20.
Then I got the dreaded COVID-19 which completely bolloxed me till I restarted cycling again this year.

Not too shabby for a 61 year old overweight Diabetic. Mind you, I’m now over five stone (31.8 kg) lighter since February this year, when the cycling recommenced.

My wife and I also take this opportunity to wish you all a very happy, healthy and prosperous New Year.

In the meantime, take care and see you all next year.

0568A831-49F5-4D4F-9086-BB8A28A17D12.jpeg

14,000km! That is truly hardcore and inspirational. In 2021 I did 3,650 on my e-bike and approx. 1,200 on the manual road bike. I don't know how I would have any time left to do anything else If I rode 14,000. Unfortunately we are snowed in on Vancouver Island right now. Crazy weather. Usually people play golf here at this time of year and I rode my bike all winter last year. Wishing everyone many great rides in 2022.

I never know if it is truly ok to post a video I made on a site I have only joined a few months ago…but since I was given an action cam last March for my birthday, I’ve really enjoyed making these things. I’m very lucky to live in a beautiful part of Spain. This is my most popular video, with a whopping 200ish views! Feel free to fast forward, as it’s quite long, but if you have a half hour and a beer to hand, it is sort of alright, I think!

Hopefully that link works??

I just never think vanilla ice cream is worth the calories. CHOCOLATE.
@Prairie Dog For Affogatto - try Salted Caramel!
There must be a Save-On near you and their Western Family brand is fantastic and very nicely priced.

Otherwise, as much as I like Chocolate, I am of the opinion that Pistachio is the way to go when just having a bowl of goodness...

I never know if it is truly ok to post a video I made on a site I have only joined a few months ago…but since I was given an action cam last March for my birthday, I’ve really enjoyed making these things. I’m very lucky to live in a beautiful part of Spain. This is my most popular video, with a whopping 200ish views! Feel free to fast forward, as it’s quite long, but if you have a half hour and a beer to hand, it is sort of alright, I think!

Hopefully that link works??
I accidently clicked next vid and you were talking about your bottom 😄

2,603.41 miles in 2021 with 112,435 feet of gain.

About 2,200 is on the Specialized Creo that I purchased in March.

The remaining miles were on my electrified custom titanium road bike (front hub motor).

With our snow, there will be no more bike miles this year.

I did walk/hike 147.5 miles with 17,356 feet of gain. A rather poor year as my strained calf did not like walking or skiing. Only 8 miles this year of skiing.

(edited to add: Well, add another four miles to the walk category! (g))

2020 was a much better year except for biking:

Walking/hiking was 411 miles with 49,132 feet of gain.
Biking on the converted road bike was 1,638 miles with 75,505 feet of gain.
Cross-country skiing was 94.5 miles and 9,300 of gain.

Last edited:
While in Podkowa, I got a text message the parcel with Nespresso re-usable capsules was waiting for me at a petrol station in Pruszków. What a joy! A reason to make my journey even longer! :)
Does anyone ever use the re-usable capsules? One of the reasons we switched over to a Keurig a couple years ago both at home and at work was the availability of refillable pods, & hoping to help send less stuff to landfill. And there are just too many other great coffees out there to try. Will probably eventually purchase a machine like RandallS enjoys. What a beauty.

Last edited:
Does anyone ever use the re-usable capsules? One of the reasons we switched over to a Keurig a couple years ago both at home and at work was the availability of refillable pods, & hoping to help send less stuff to landfill. And there are just too many other great coffees out there to try. Will probably eventually purchase a machine like RandallS enjoys. What a beauty.
Well, Nespresso provides a pre-labeled bag (UPS, I believe) for the used pods and coffee and supposedly it gets recycled. I've sent off a couple over the years.

I was hoping to end 2021 by getting over 3000 mi and 150k climbing on the ebike, but the roads are still a slushy icy mess here.

View attachment 110667

View attachment 110669
picture is from a ride up to snoqualmie pass.
Icy, slushy mess??? I had not noticed! :eek: Oh, crap, 1,500 feet short. I think you could have done Latona, about 50 times as it might have been almost snow-free.

But walking Greenlake today, this snowman brought smiles to passers-by..
PXL_20211231_194335567.jpg

year end stats! i only rode seriously for 9 months of the year, but what a great 9 months it was!

final2021creoStats.jpg

for the last ride of the year, i decided to stay local! a relatively flat 43 miles at an average pace of 16.1mph. once nice climb up to the top of twin peaks on a stunningly beautiful clear and cool winter day.

20211231-map.jpg

the usual start! lots of cyclists on the road.
9733-presidio.jpg

approaching and then crossing the golden gate; the bridge district was nice enough to open the west path to bikes (no pedestrians) even though typically on a friday morning bikes and peds would share the east path!

9739-toBridge.jpg 9743-ridingBridge.jpg 9754-bridgeCreo.jpg 9778-bridgeUp.jpg

back in the city, a quick descent and then a climb through the presidio.
9787-backInSF.jpg 9790-creoBenchGGB.jpg

approaching ocean beach!
9802-lobosDescent.jpg 9814-rollingGH.jpg

this is a new bit i've added to some of my rides, laps on the cycle track around the polo fields in golden gate park. a perfectly flat oval of .67 miles in length. interesting place to observe the relationship between the wind, power, and speed, while burning a few calories with no need to ever stop for people or cars!
9816-polo.jpg

ocean beach and the great highway again, now closed to cars early - normally it closes to cars at noon!
9832-creoBeach.jpg 9835-creoSky.jpg 9850-ghClosed.jpg

after the one climb up the ride, a relatively gradual ascent to around 850 feet, a fabulous view from the top of twin peaks.
9885-twinPeaksCreo.jpg

and now the leg home, through the haight, golden gate park, and past the civic center.
9908-haight.jpg 9911-panhandle.jpg 9921-cityHall.jpg

Back