Our Rides in Words, Photos & Videos

Reed, the thing that made me really ashamed was my "ill legs" (should have been "bad legs"). I cannot handle the sequence of tenses properly (her comment: Using Past Simple is actually better than misusing Past Perfect). And using "a" and "the" is nightmare to me (Polish doesn't use Articles).
English is partly successful because it is so fluid and accepts every twist as its own within time.
I hear that young Londoners are now practically talking caribbean and Ive heard them , bumped into a coach full in the Lakes and I couldnt understand a word they were saying.
Its a weird cockney /jamaican crossover.

Meanwhile back in the great Midwest…
It’s been well over a week since I’ve ridden because of a nasty virus. Got about 10 miles in on the Rail and got close enough to see just how much more than knee-high the corn is by the 4th of July!
72F0ADF4-DCB8-4869-B71D-0C40B9DC24C0.jpeg
86309A51-4BCF-4DA4-904C-F0EEC63B58FA.jpeg

Benefits From Meeting New Riding Companions :)

You might want to re-read my "Awesome Girls Ride" report; it is far better English right now there :) I taught That Woman how to benefit from higher cadence technique; I also re-inflated her bike's tyres etc. In turn, she inspected my English wording and written style. Justyna is not only an English teacher but also an American wife. After she's corrected my English, I got red in my face to understand how many mistakes I've been making! Her comment: "You have helped me, and now I'm helping you" :) Great!
Stefan, I enjoy reading your version of English… part of the fun experience of reading your posts. Sometimes the words you pick describe things that much better. 😉🚴‍♀️

today i took a long lunch break to get back to the kind of rides that hooked me on cycling during the pandemic - the city ride!

30.28 miles, 1,624 feet, 14.2 mph, used 8% of the battery (25 watt hours.)

heading out of downtown, past/under/over the convention center.
4029-moscone-1920.jpg

love these green wave streets with bike lanes and synchronized signals, but 13mph! a bit slow.
4040-greenWave-1920.jpg

heading through the fringes of the mission district, things get quieter.
4045-folsom-1920.jpg

only one major climb on this ride, to the top of twin peaks.
4090-turboCreo-1920.jpg

and one major descent! yessss
4123-skyline-1920.jpg

nice open views from up here.
4132-viewNorth-1920.jpg

and now into golden gate park!
4147-windMill-1920.jpg

and the great highway. closed to cars, but open to biiiiig drifts of sand. had to evade a few bulldozers trying to clear it in spots. beautiful day though.
4162-oceanBeach-1920.jpg

there was a decent headwind on the above stretch, turning around of course it became one of those amazing tailwinds you can't really feel, but just push you along magically. 200-250w of output on my part yielded an average of around 25mph for this segment!
4191-greatHighway-1920.jpg

back in the park again, more roads without cars. love it. and it didn't occur to me how important it would be to clean my screen before a camera ride!
4215-ggp-1920.jpg

the twisting tower of the de young museum pops up above the treeline.
4223-ggp-1920.jpg

out of the park, but back onto slow streets.
4240-roadClosed-1920.jpg

and more fellow cyclists!
4247-westSide-1920.jpg

rounding the presidio, just about on the home stretch with a peek of the bridge.
4261-presidio-1920.jpg

the office in view again, a few miles distant, but with a tailwind the rest of the way.
4265-almostHome-1920.jpg

a great thing about this ride is that of the 30 miles, a significant portion is on roads closed to cars, or roads with bike lanes, some of which are now separated. a few slightly hairier moments in the beginning, but generally pretty uninterrupted and relaxing for a 30 mile loop in north america's second densest city!

clockwiseLoopMap.JPG

today i took a long lunch break to get back to the kind of rides that hooked me on cycling during the pandemic - the city ride!

30.28 miles, 1,624 feet, 14.2 mph, used 8% of the battery (25 watt hours.)

heading out of downtown, past/under/over the convention center.
View attachment 91087

love these green wave streets with bike lanes and synchronized signals, but 13mph! a bit slow.
View attachment 91088

heading through the fringes of the mission district, things get quieter.
View attachment 91089

only one major climb on this ride, to the top of twin peaks.
View attachment 91090

and one major descent! yessss
View attachment 91091

nice open views from up here.
View attachment 91092

and now into golden gate park!
View attachment 91093

and the great highway. closed to cars, but open to biiiiig drifts of sand. had to evade a few bulldozers trying to clear it in spots. beautiful day though.
View attachment 91094

there was a decent headwind on the above stretch, turning around of course it became one of those amazing tailwinds you can't really feel, but just push you along magically. 200-250w of output on my part yielded an average of around 25mph for this segment!
View attachment 91095

back in the park again, more roads without cars. love it. and it didn't occur to me how important it would be to clean my screen before a camera ride!
View attachment 91096

the twisting tower of the de young museum pops up above the treeline.
View attachment 91097

out of the park, but back onto slow streets.
View attachment 91098

and more fellow cyclists!
View attachment 91099

rounding the presidio, just about on the home stretch with a peek of the bridge.
View attachment 91100

the office in view again, a few miles distant, but with a tailwind the rest of the way.
View attachment 91101

a great thing about this ride is that of the 30 miles, a significant portion is on roads closed to cars, or roads with bike lanes, some of which are now separated. a few slightly hairier moments in the beginning, but generally pretty uninterrupted and relaxing for a 30 mile loop in north america's second densest city!

View attachment 91103
Bless you as you make more than the most out of living in a city like SF. Spent a couple years there myself but I didn't have a bike back then. It's a spectacular city ... as cities go ... but I cant't take that sort of density any more. More power to you. 👍 👍👍

Bless you as you make more than the most out of living in a city like SF. Spent a couple years there myself but I didn't have a bike back then. It's a spectacular city ... as cities go ... but I cant't take that sort of density any more. More power to you. 👍 👍👍
no doubt! i love the countryside too, particularly forested and coastal regions.. it's the in-between stuff that's hard for me. all the traffic and concrete, none of the space.

we have two kids, both in publics school within blocks of where we live, and i work downtown <2 miles from home, so density works for us. bikes have really added a new dimension to things, making pretty much anything in range at any time, unless it rains, which sadly it doesn't seem to ever do any more in california.

So I thought Id see how low pressure I could ride my fattie tyres.
Sometimes the Universe just has it in for you.
This is why I prefer EBR to some of other eMTB websites-- many of us have rate pretty high on the crackpot index, and believe me, that makes me feel right at home!

My hat is off to you, sir! Always enjoy your videos, but that was a truly demented experiment, you have outdone yourself!

Please be safe out there! I'd suggest motocross armor, but you'd probably try medieval armor instead and joust with some guy riding an emu.

That bike is totally fine. A little duct tape, some rubber bands and krazy glue, and she'll be right as rain, I'm sure.

Tension Grows...

1624489420056.png

Outside Specialized Warsaw. Ladies and gentlemen: Turbo SnaiL! Haha! :D

Await my report and more pics as well as the virgin-ride map.

P.S. I have to say something anyway. The incredible e-bike feels surprisingly small. It's good. I can swing my bad leg easily over the top tube; far easier than it is with any other of my Step-Through e-bikes. The light weight of the e-bike makes it very special... On the other hand, my toes never hit the front fender (something I hate about my full power Vado).

Last edited:
Tension Grows...

View attachment 91153
Outside Specialized Warsaw. Ladies and gentlemen: Turbo SnaiL! Haha! :D

Await my report and more pics as well as the virgin-ride map.

P.S. I have to say something anyway. The incredible e-bike feels surprisingly small. It's good. I can swing my bad leg easily over the top tube; far easier than it is with any other of my Step-Through e-bikes. The light weight of the e-bike makes it very special... On the other hand, my toes never hit the front fender (something I hate about my full power Vado).
I’m a bit surprised you didn’t get a step-through but it does seem like a pretty short step over. Congrats on N+1 #?

I’m a bit surprised you didn’t get a step-through but it does seem like a pretty short step over. Congrats on N+1 #?
The bike is small despite of size M. Straddling its diamond frame is far easier than it was for any of my existing e-bikes!
Besides, STs are the coming December thing.

Back