Our Rides in Words, Photos & Videos

Just found this photo of May 9th, 2021 :)

1643874695592.png

Describes me well: An e-bike and the backpack full of ale! :D

1643892637672.png

I managed to grab a bonus ride, the gusty winds had me thinking twice but with the weather looking dismal for the foreseeable future I decided to chance it! I picked a route that would avoid the worst of the crosswinds, at 40mph I had to be very careful...it sure wasn't a day for a light carbon road bike and I wasn't surprised I was the only one out there! It sure was fun with that wind behind me though :D a very different story on the return journey of course!

I only had my first battery charged to 80% and I managed to flatten it, so glad I was carrying my spare! No photos today, I was just glad to get out before the weather really goes downhill! Snow coming tomorrow then heavy rain and a windy weekend in store and more rain going into next week, any chance I get I will be out there of course!

Attachments

• elevation_profile34.jpg
    elevation_profile34.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 127
  • trip-82508955-map-full34.png
    trip-82508955-map-full34.png
    428.5 KB · Views: 149
A circular ride today on a cloudy and chilly day. Temperature was 6oC but with the wind was around 3oC. The wind again was blowing and there was a strong head wind which, at times, made the riding a bit harder.

Stopped at a usual watering hole, well bench, in Padbury for a coffee break.

The Garmin Varia Radar worked well and didn’t pick up Mrs DG as she was following me.

7053652E-90B4-4CD5-A7EF-87A808515B4A.jpeg
EEBBF2B1-3FA3-4188-9A30-5F0DF85A9302.jpeg
03F4B069-B895-48B1-BC76-F8ECD4E4EEC7.jpeg

@DiggyGun "The Garmin Varia Radar worked well and didn’t pick up Mrs DG as she was following me."

Mine does sometimes pick up a following rider.
I almost always road ride with my better half or another family member and have on many occasions detected them as they ride up behind me. I know for a fact it’s not a vehicle as I would be able to hear it approach in the distance. It’s a bit of an annoyance but one that I can live with. I'm unaware if Garmin has solved this glitch in newer versions as my Edge 520 + is over three years old.

A circular ride today on a cloudy and chilly day. Temperature was 6oC but with the wind was around 3oC. The wind again was blowing and there was a strong head wind which, at times, made the riding a bit harder.

Stopped at a usual watering hole, well bench, in Padbury for a coffee break.

The Garmin Varia Radar worked well and didn’t pick up Mrs DG as she was following me.

View attachment 113354View attachment 113355View attachment 113356
Time and temperature warp…

Ive given up trying to like and love these posts when I get behind, I love them all, snow, singletracks, Stefans face stuffed with cake.
OK I dont really like the snow pics because we didnt get any and I hope it melts down the back of your pants.

Im not sure why Im not getting out on the bike, its a perfect storm of babysitting and working for some spending money for my upcoming Madeira trip.

I remade my Titanic town vid today, I knocked on the door of the captains house in response to a sign of an autographed book, but a guy I could see in the window promptly jumped up and ran off.
Maybe hes ran out of books.

Ive got no pics to offer, but heres a vid of the little terror whos taking up my time, as you can see were starting him off as a future ebiker, though he seems more interested in tractors.

I know its a bit weird watching someone elses sprog, but it might give you some creative ideas for your own, how you can edit any mundane moments into something cute...tune, fast edit.

@DiggyGun "The Garmin Varia Radar worked well and didn’t pick up Mrs DG as she was following me."

Mine does sometimes pick up a following rider.
It did pick up another rider, but he was going faster than us and overtook us.

The only time it picks up Mrs DG is when I’m stopped at a junction and she’s coming from behind.

Last edited:
Ive given up trying to like and love these posts when I get behind, I love them all, snow, singletracks, Stefans face stuffed with cake.
OK I dont really like the snow pics because we didnt get any and I hope it melts down the back of your pants.

Im not sure why Im not getting out on the bike, its a perfect storm of babysitting and working for some spending money for my upcoming Madeira trip.

I remade my Titanic town vid today, I knocked on the door of the captains house in response to a sign of an autographed book, but a guy I could see in the window promptly jumped up and ran off.
Maybe hes ran out of books.

Ive got no pics to offer, but heres a vid of the little terror whos taking up my time, as you can see were starting him off as a future ebiker, though he seems more interested in tractors.

I know its a bit weird watching someone elses sprog, but it might give you some creative ideas for your own, how you can edit any mundane moments into something cute...tune, fast edit.

Cute kid and a brief delightful video.

Part of my regular ride from Brisbane's western suburbs to the sea.

This video covers the riverside section immediately after Brisbane Central: Wilson Outlook (50 km) to Newstead House (57 km).

Ride with GPS : Brisbane River Ride

How can one not be happy after watching that video! 😀

Around The Estate :)

Some of you dislike Strava, and especially the social features of that sports tracker. On contrary, I value the motivational features of Strava very much. This morning example:

While watching Strava, I noticed Mr Jakub, the owner of a Cannondale LBS in our borough town of Brwinów always used to start his day with a run, and later was hopping onto one of his bikes and commuting to his LBS. When I compared our year-to-date efforts, I could see that...
1643966845733.png

...Jakub has started chasing me! :) Were I becoming a weekend warrior?!

Motivated by the neighbour's efforts, I set off for the morning ride myself!

20220204_085035-01.jpeg

At the farthest outward point of the trip. When I was occasionally riding with "That Woman" last year, she showed me a set of excellent service roads along the freeway. And a single 900 m gravel segment there has been recently paved!

+3°C and mild wind meant it felt too warm for me on that ride!

Ride Map.jpg

Points of interest:
  • ZNTK Pruszków (Rail Rolling Stock Repair Workshops) site holds now a logistics park and a museum. The site was used by German Nazi as Dulag 121, or a transit camp for displaced population of Warsaw post the Warsaw Uprising 1944.
  • There is an excellent bike path along the ZNTK and railroad. I still hold an E-Bike KOM title for the ZNTK Strava Segment!
  • The turning point (photo)
  • And a final sprint to make up the ride to 20 km while still keeping the average speed at 20 km/h :)

Last edited:
Part of my regular ride from Brisbane's western suburbs to the sea.

This video covers the riverside section immediately after Brisbane Central: Wilson Outlook (50 km) to Newstead House (57 km).

View attachment 113426
I just watched your video with the snow belting down here, I'm really not jealous ;) No wonder you can get out every other day, lovely conditions to ride in! 👍

@Chargeride Your son is adorable, that was a real pick me up! 😁

We have had an interesting assortment of weather today. Woke up to it absolutely pouring it down with rain, which changed to sleet, then to snow and finally back to rain. This all stopped around lunchtime and the sun came out and it stayed dry. There was still a strong Easterly wind which was very cold and this comes from the North Sea from Russ. The temperature was 6o, but with the wind chill was 2oC.

Went eastwards this time and through some villages that we haven’t ridden through previously, so that was nice. Had a late lunch at the churchyard of St Michael and All Angels Church in Stewkley, admiring the gargoyles on the tower.

Because of the strong headwind, spent a lot of time in the EMTB mode, just hard work at times going up some of the hills.

73C09568-67B2-4835-A3DA-5631CA3EB4A0.jpeg
BBF7FA48-244B-4C6A-B6E8-2B8824B4DFE1.jpeg
C2D513EE-5D7E-42EE-8787-1188E9615AD2.jpeg
2847DE58-C4D8-4BE6-80B3-588F8DD00540.jpeg
F1CE75A6-236E-4264-940D-CBFFA0341900.jpeg

Back