Our Rides in Words, Photos & Videos

Try Schwalbe Ice Spiker Pro tyres on your Levo. These ride ice as if you were on dry asphalt.
The tyres are pictured several posts above, mounted on the Trance E+, currently owned by my brother. (Post #3,981)
I did an ice event some years ago in France, just put short screws in my knobbly tyres.
They all fell out on the first day and punctured other peoples tyres.

Another mauve morning ride…

Jacaranda : Yeronga, Brisbane

Yeronga, Brisbane

New Farm Riverwalk, Brisbane

New Farm Riverwalk, Brisbane

Ipswich to Nudgee Beach : 130 km

Last edited by a moderator:
Well Stefan it seems Mr Motormouth Jeremy Clarkson from Top Gear has decided Poland is the best place to live in the world.
There is a good new Polish movie "In for a Murder" on Netflix. The movie is set in Podkowa Leśna, a small city (population of 3822 in 2008) located 25 km from the centre of Warsaw, on the WKD commuter train line. Because of the fact several movies were filmed there, the town has attracted new, posh inhabitants. When you watch the movie, you get the impression the town must be something like idyllic Beverly Hills. But it is not :) I know. I have lived for 30 years at the border of Podkowa Leśna. Furthermore, the town I live in has been shown as another hipster location. Actually, Brwinów is ugly and boring.

I guess Mr Clarkson is somewhat deluded. Still, Poland is an OK place to live. And it is pretty easy to buy good e-bikes here :)
1635418372981.png

Last edited:
Well Stefan it seems Mr Motormouth Jeremy Clarkson from Top Gear has decided Poland is the best place to live in the world.

It appears, from the article, that he's recommending Poland to Brexit supporters, who are now experiencing the unfortunate consequences of their decision 😜. I'm pretty sure Poland doesn't want them ...

There is a good new Polish movie "In for a Murder" on Netflix. The movie is set in Podkowa Leśna, a small city (population of 3822 in 2008) located 25 km from the centre of Warsaw, on the WKD commuter train line. Because of the fact several movies were filmed there, the town has attracted new, posh inhabitants. When you watch the movie, you get the impression the town must be something like idyllic Beverly Hills. But it is not :) I know. I have lived for 30 years at the border of Podkowa Leśna. Furthermore, the town I live in has been shown as another hipster location. Actually, Brwinów is ugly and boring.

I guess Mr Clarkson is somewhat deluded. Still, Poland is an OK place to live. And it is pretty easy to buy good e-bikes here :)
View attachment 104907
Oh, something to watch as our "atmospheric river" keeps us wet for the next two days.

Heres my new Devon vid, the Atlantic South England coastal cliff path in all its gnarly glory.
I'll have to say..the solitude and scenic terrain certainly took me to another place.
Quite inspiring.
All very chill and dreamyvision
Superb and sublime. I can see being transported to another place. My adrenaline was spent and I only watched your video. Okay, how did you jam whatever into whatever to finish the ride. And how many miles?

Heres my new Devon vid, the Atlantic South England coastal cliff path in all its gnarly glory.
I'll have to say..the solitude and scenic terrain certainly took me to another place.
Quite inspiring.
All very chill and dreamyvision
Very nice video. What equipment did you use to film it?

Oh, something to watch as our "atmospheric river" keeps us wet for the next two days.
A fun fact: The actual title of the movie is "W for a Murder". I don't know if there was some automatic translation involved, but double-u was translated literally from Polish as "in" :D

The wind has finally gone here but the rain is still incessant, this is when I'm glad I live at 550ft above sea level...some parts of Scotland have been hit hard!:(
That puts you two hundred feet higher than the highest point in Florida - 345 feet (105 m)!!! ;)

No, I'm not from there but when years ago my parents bought a condo there, I said: "I'd rather inherit a cabin in the mountains of Colorado" My mother was not amused.

Our high point, still being calculated is about 14,410 feet.

Back