No Bafang used by mainstream bike manufactures.

Not surprising a test done in Germany and those people picked a German brand name. I wonder what people in China will pick? Maybe Bafang:)

What other brands in north america sell bafang mid drive with a throttle? Or do I have to go to an importer via alibaba?

I don't know of any other but I haven't looked, sorry. Voltbike sell one with a Bafang Max drive but it doesn't come with a throttle.

I am attracted to the M600 system regardless.
Sorry I didn’t know more about their business model. But as many companies that are reselling Asian source eBikes here in NA there are 5 times as many Asians sourcing eBikes direct from the factory basically middle manning to the middlemen elsewhere. There aren’t that many actual frame makers and motor manufacturers.

I am attracted to the M600 system regardless.
Sorry I didn’t know more about their business model. But as many companies that are reselling Asian source eBikes here in NA there are 5 times as many Asians sourcing eBikes direct from the factory basically middle manning to the middlemen elsewhere. There aren’t that many actual frame makers and motor manufacturers.

Correct, most of the different brands of bikes we see here come from the same few factories. If you look closely the same/similar frames can seen on
different brands. I think we all know that by now though.

Great. Someone who has no experience with Juiced Bikes, has read a handful of complaints (many of them legit it's true), ignored all the comments from customers who have received great service, and overlooks the 1000s of Juiced Bikes sold with no need for service at all, and thinks he's got a qualified opinion that must be shared, because reasons.

Sheesh.

I concur. Tora Harris and company have had some glitches in production along the way, however, overall, they have delivered a quality product to 1000s of customers who have indicated quite frankly, they are very happy with their experience with his company. Juiced has been the leader on many different levels in their E-bike products and one of the first to offer cadence and torque sensor upgrades in their product line. They have also set the stage of not having to spend $2-$3000 to be an owner of a well made E-bike at an entry level price. If you were/are on a budget, Juiced was the way to go IMO.

"One recent customer filed a complaint with paypal and received a full refund because customer service went completely silent on him even though he sent them a video with a mechanic showing that his frame was bent!"

Oh that guy from Reddit. I saw that video and description of the whole ordeal.

"JuicedBikes is the only brand I know of that offers 52v batteries as standard equipment. The question is, why are they the only one? This is because the rest of the industry is moving towards lighter, more compact, more efficient frame-integrated battery designs."

My 'heavy" bike carries me 80 miles on ECO. I've gone 23.5 miles with hills at 24+ mph and had tons of battery in reserve.

"Notice however that juiced batteries are failing AT THE CONTACT POINTS. This is because their 52v batteries are not integrated into the frame, vibrate, and therefore the bike loses power. Not to mention the connectors are destroyed and are fried in the process."

My battery has been solid from day one. Perfect contact. Never has cut out. Works well. No straps. No bungie cords. I guess I should hop on their Facebook page and post that my bike works, although that seems kind of silly.

"while juiced does offer the crosscurrent s and ripcurrent below $2K, their crosscurrent x, ripcurrent s and hyperfat are all $2.5K+. Add tax and even ccs and rc are righ at the $2K mark."

When I researched bikes all of the 'big names' were $3K+. And that was for mid-drive motors that I wanted to avoid, at 250w, with batteries that had 60% of my CCX power. For $2500 I received 750w, hub-motor, 52V battery with 80 miles of range. I was very pleased with that price point.

"If you look at their facebook page, there are many, many critical comments from outraged customers because of defective bikes, missed deliveries, missing accessories and poor customer service. It's also very easy to find critical commentaries on youtube and reddit."

Oh trust me, I believe you. I don't have Facebook so I can't check. But go to the Tesla Model 3 Reddit Forum and you'll see hundreds of very unhappy early owners. Panel gaps, late deliveries, cracked top glass. It was so bad that the forum made a checklist to take with you when you pick up your car. People were showing up with measuring calipers to check panel tolerances. It was crazy stuff. If you read those forums, and tens of thousands did, you'd never buy a Tesla Model 3. Fast forward a year and the complaints have all but died out and they've sold hundreds of thousands of them. One of the top selling cars in the United States.

I'm super happy with my Juiced CCX. Again, it's early still. I haven't ridden it nearly enough to comment on long-term reliability. But so far - not a single complaint.

As soon as I have one though I'll join Facebook. :)

A while back EBR had a policy of not allowing shitposting about a manufacturer. OK to talk about problems, such as the defective battery contact issue some people have had, because that's how we help each other.

Bashing for the sake of bashing was off limits. Especially by people who didn't own that brand.

It may have been something that @Ann M. did. As a retail store proprietor, she was sensitive to how this kind of thing affects business. Needlessly.

I haven't seen Ann on the forum for a while, and miss her insightful and knowledgeable comments, as well as her firm touch behind the scenes. Yeah, she removed a comment or two of mine, too. I didn't always agree, but she was always fair.

[edited to add:] Intending no slight on the other moderators!

Last edited:
A while back EBR had a policy of not allowing shitposting about a manufacturer. OK to talk about problems, such as the defective battery contact issue some people have had, because that's how we help each other.

Bashing for the sake of bashing was off limits. Especially by people who didn't own that brand.

It may have been something that @Ann M. did. As a retail store proprietor, she was sensitive to how this kind of thing affects business. Needlessly.

I haven't seen Ann on the forum for a while, and miss her insightful and knowledgeable comments, as well as her firm touch behind the scenes. Yeah, she removed a comment or two of mine, too. I didn't always agree, but she was always fair.

We definitely do not need bashing on this forum. Some folks may need to calm it down a bit and take a chill pill on this kind of rhetoric and unnecessary banter. Cheers folks. We are all hear to help each other and give good constructive guidance to rectify issues and problems we have with these awesome machines. Peace!

Say, what kind of motor is on your e-bike.. "it's Bafang".... a what?........ :)
I sometimes give literal, up-to-the-point answers to not-well-thought questions. The asking person is rarely happy, but this is the only way to remind - without insulting - that one needs to think when asking, not only when answering.

Q1: 500W geared hub (or mid-drive, if this is the case). Bafang.

Q2: Bafang. Spells "b-a-f-a-n-g".

There of course could be other, stranger yet questions after that, because it is possible that he didn't really want to learn something new or satisfy his curiosity.

Like any startup Juiced has had their share of issues, I think they're making real strides now in CS etc, they always produced good bikes and yes, their "thing" is fast powerful bikes......if you don't want one don't buy one.

As far as Bafang, they produce far more hub drives than anyone else in the word, I don't consider that bush league. They have a huge selection of mid drives mostly used by DIYers in Europe. They produce dozens of different displays and torque sensors. I have a BBSHD powered bike and no other bike except other BBDxx drives can keep up with me. I follow forums in the UK and there are more bikes in the market there with Bafang mid drives like the max and M600.

Last edited:
How well does the bafang mid drive m600 pedal without battery power? In the event the battery runs dry during a ride.

I've never used one so I don't know, I would imagine ( that's not scientific I know) they are no worse or better than any other mid drive in that respect. I'm tempted to get a Voltbike Enduro which has a Bafang Max mid drive just to try one, what's holding me back are the not so good specs on the rest of the bike. Then again they are under $2000 so what to heck.

As a matter of interest I surreptitiously came across a video from Europe on the Tube of a 24 hour bycicle edurance race, it was broadcast in German but the bikes where all mid drive and the race was won by the Bafang team so they're doing something right. I guess I should of said they were all eBikes.

Nice writeup Timpo.

"Does Juiced have a third party auditor to conduct a survey every time someone makes a phone call to customer service or purchase their bikes?
As far as I know, nobody contacted me for a feedback."

Since I've purchased my CCX about a month ago I always receive a feedback email in response to any interaction with Juiced. Even when I registered my bike I received a feedback email asking me what I thought. I actually reply to them. In the registration process it went smoothly but when they sent me the confirmation I noticed that the Battery serial number was noted in the Frame serial number field and let them know. I also just received one for the CCX controller replacement procedure. They responded to me via email within 10 minutes of my sending out the request, they asked for confirmation of my shipping address, and the part was sent the next day. Since I'm only an hour away I should receive it today.

So far it's been very smooth for me. I shouldn't have to replace a controller on a new bike. Some (many) might take great offense at that, in fact. I've stated before that I have an extremely high tolerance for new company technology having survived some 20+ service visits with my first Tesla in 2012. I loved the product so much that I stuck it out and have been 100% problem-free with that car for the past four years.

I'm such an idiot, in fact, that I actually look forward to pulling that ECU and replacing it. It will let me know a little more about my bike.

I acknowledge that this is an easy one, however. Bent frames and racks that don't attach without a blowtorch are unacceptable.

Obviously I have a vested interest in seeing Juiced do well. I'll try to post both the positive and negative of long-term ownership of my new CCX. Basically, I'll do my best to just be honest. From my very limited experience with them it's been all positive so far.

I also acknowledge that I'm at a great advantage living an hour away from their HQ. If I lived in Maine I'm not so certain I'd have purchased the CCX.

Interesting to note I have passed two Juiced bikes in my small amount of riding around here lately.

And you're right about not knowing their sales figures. I think I'm guilty of looking at their videos and seeing literally thousands of frames and completed bikes in their warehouses. Prices haven't come down so I would imagine that they are selling them all. Some are out of stock.

Last edited by a moderator:
NO eBike is free from issues. A crank falling off is rider failure to inspect. Crank arms don't just fall off. Sadly people buy bikes online, have them shipping and never take the right actions. You MUST have the basic tools. Prefright inspections and fastener check should happen with EVERY shipped bike. Heck, I do that on regular bikes. IF you buy from this sort of seller you should have the bicycle related tools!

I love this. Scientific data? Seriously?
I think we're in agreement, Thomas.

We don't have scientific data here. What I disagree with is people stating opinions as conclusions, as though we do.

When I said that I stand up for the scientific method, I could have been more clear about that.

Point taken, Bruce. I am in the minority here as I don't own an ebike. Whenever a member has a problem with a particular brand there's going to be some that side with the brand and those that don't. As a moderator, I can't choose sides. I couldn't tell you if somebody is stating facts or sharing about a personal experience. More times than not there will likely be members upset with me over a post I've chosen to keep or delete. I try to be fair and will continue to do my best.

Point taken, Bruce. I am in the minority here as I don't own an ebike. Whenever a member has a problem with a particular brand there's going to be some that side with the brand and those that don't. As a moderator, I can't choose sides. I couldn't tell you if somebody is stating facts or sharing about a personal experience. More times than not there will likely be members upset with me over a post I've chosen to keep or delete. I try to be fair and will continue to do my best.
I won't mention any names but the n00b that has recently attacked or made disparaging sarcastic remarks in nearly every post just gets edited. Please. Why should we suffer the BS and moderators edit messages for reasonable responses? The sarcasm stinks!

All in posts by well respected members.

“You seem to be be spewing…”

“…their brilliant engineers…”

“You are just too blind or dumb…”

Is this our new direction?

Back